Did you mean: 

Why is my credit balance not applied and it's suspended my phone

Souky123
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Have a credit balance on my account and it still suspended my phone why

21 REPLIES 21

thejemer
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Third Update: Tempory plan is now working. Incoming/Outgoing calls and texts and Data  all working.

Credit card is was invalid. Then it became valid and made payment. Sent a DM to moderator. Awaiting return to old plan from my current temporary plan. Will update again

thejemer

Second Update: Tempory plan not working. Incoming/Outgoing calls and texts not going through. Data not working.

However credit card is now unblocked. Will update again

thejemer

update: it takes 24-48 hours to complete a requests. Waiting for Credit card to be unblocked. However the wonderful moderator gave me a temporary plan while waiting. So phone is active again.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@thejemer I'm glad to hear that.  Please keep us posted.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

thejemer

that is what I meant. It is all being sorted out currently

srlawren

@thejemer when you say you sent an email, did you mean a private message through the community?  I hope so.  There is no email-based support any more.  If you haven't already, please see here for how to contact the moderator team via private message:  https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/How-to-Get-Help/ta-p/251745

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

thejemer

I am having similar problems except without service. Sent an e-mail Saturday and the moderator was responsive but then I got busy. Sent an e-mail on Sunday afternoon. Still no word. I was unaware that it did not renew due to being on holiday and having my cellphone stolen. Been back in Canada for a over a week now and still phoneless

You must be new to public mobile if this scares you. Smiley Happy

It is part of the public mobile features, it comes with every plan free of charge.  You can not take it off,  It will probably stay with your for a while until Public mobile doesnt want to give you this feature!   

Anyhow as long your service works, you can ignore that message near the renewal date.  Enjoy!  Cat Happy

srlawren

@wdavis0604 @Souky123 it's normal to feel panic when you look at your account during the renewal process.  It's also normal that it shows as suspended or expired during that time.  As long as your actual service(s) (your calling and/or texting and/or data, as per your plan) continue working, do not panic and just ignore the self-serve account.  Check again around noon the following day and everything will be back to normal.

wdavis0604

Thank you!! I had a momentary panic attack.  I am new to public. 

@wdavis0604 wrote:

So, why does it say account suspended then? Smh.  Makes no sense

Yes I agree its silly but if you read the entire note, it says quite clearly "ignore this if you have enough funds".... if your phone is still working, just leave it alone and come back tomorrow and everything will be fine. Don't touch anything in there otherwise you are looking for trouble.

If today was your payment due date, then here's what to expect:
1. Expiration of completed period. Account will show "plan expired" sometime before midnight tonight.
2. Conversion of all rewards (including autopay) to available funds at midnight; rewards reset. Payment not collected yet at this point.  Account will show "Your account has been suspended" in big red letters.
3. In early hours of the morning, available funds will be used (if any), credit card will be charged (if necessary), plan will be renewed. Account status will then show "active."

wdavis0604

So, why does it say account suspended then? Smh.  Makes no sense

Souky123

Why suspend?

Souky123

It says it due at 6am why am I suspended the money is tgere

wdavis0604

Ok 8f so.  Why suspend account? 

Souky123

Useless auto pay and having a credit balance and they still suspend the account there is $61 credit balance and my plan is $50 what's going on here

@Souky123 wrote:

$61.00 available on my $50.00 plan there's enough 

@Souky123Is your phone still working? If your renewal date is today wait and the funds will come out in about 40 minutes. Usually around 2:30 am. The "suspended" message at the top also says "ignore this message if you have enough funds"

wdavis0604

I am having same problem.  I have contacted moderator.  

Souky123

$61.00 available on my $50.00 plan there's enough 

RobertQc
Mayor / Maire

@Souky123 wrote:

Have a credit balance on my account and it still suspended my phone why

@Souky123Is credit balance higher than amount due? I am going to say no its not, otherwise you wouldn't be complaining about auto-pay being useless in your other post. Auto-pay usually makes up the difference. Unless it fails.  It is possible to have credit / rewards but still not have enough for the full renewal. How much do you have in available funds and what is your cost due?

@Souky123 wrote:

Why is my phone suspended with a credit balance auto pay is useless

Auto pay is useless SOMETIMES but the majority of the time it is excellent. 

To renew your service ...

"Simply make a one-time payment from the “Payment” tab in Self-Serve and opt to pay the “Amount Due”. This will cover the new plan cost less any partial payment that was taken. After successful payment, your services should be fully reactivated. If your services aren’t restored, please reach out to our Moderator Team ASAP and they will help get things sorted out. "

If your current "amount due" shows $0, try private browsing / incognito mode or call 611.

If no matter what you try you cannot make a payment with your card you can go to recharge.com and purchase a payment voucher.

If you are still in a "current market plan" you can try doing a one time manual payment and then doing a plan change. Once paid if it still doesn't reactivate you can try the "lost/stolen" trick or add another manual $1 payment. LOST/ STOLEN TRICK HERE Remember to reboot your phone after each step.

Unfortunately, sometimes auto pay fails. Think of auto pay as a method for public mobile to charge you IF your account does not have sufficient balance. If you have sufficient balance it does not need to autopay, but auto pay is still configured so you get the reward. I highly recommend everyone to top off in advance as this process can prevent the somewhat common occurrence of autopay failure which causes a HUGE pain in the butt account suspension and loss of service.

Need Help? Let's chat.