cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why is my Auto pay not working?

DSauve30
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I am supposed to be on Autopay and all of a sudden this month it is not working and I have lost service.  I am getting frustrated as there is no one to contact to get this issue resolved.  How do I get this resolved immediately!

10 REPLIES 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

@DSauve30 wrote:

@Anonymous this has nothing to do with your support, you help has been greatly appreciated. 

This has to do with a system of Customer support that is not going to work for me.  There has clearly been a technical issue with the processing of my CC and I had no one to reachout to in order to resolve it quickly and easily.  Instead I had to go to a third party platform, purchase a voucher (which comes with added fees) to get access to my mobile again.  It is unfortunate because other than this I had no issue with this cellular provider until I did have an issue.

That's how it is here. Either a new arrival has all kinds of problems and looks for help here or a longer term customer that had no problem for all that time suddenly has a problem.

We all came here for the rates. Sometimes this kind of system just isn't a fit for some people. It really shouldn't be a service for those that must have the most solid 24/7 service. If one can tolerate some possible dowmtime then this is a great service. I don't think you need to run away at the first sign trouble. You've gone all this time without trouble.

That recharge.com charges something but it's generally less than you would pay in store with taxes (except AB). Barely 🙂

Edit: after your post. Funny. My credit card worked fine here but I had lots of trouble at recharge. It finally somehow got sorted out.

DSauve30

There is nothing wrong with my card, it's functioning properly everywhere else.

DSauve30

@Anonymous this has nothing to do with your support, you help has been greatly appreciated. 

This has to do with a system of Customer support that is not going to work for me.  There has clearly been a technical issue with the processing of my CC and I had no one to reachout to in order to resolve it quickly and easily.  Instead I had to go to a third party platform, purchase a voucher (which comes with added fees) to get access to my mobile again.  It is unfortunate because other than this I had no issue with this cellular provider until I did have an issue.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@DSauve30 wrote:

Or I can hike my butt over to a competitor and change cellphone service provider.  This is crazy!!

You're free to do whatever you like. I was trying to help you with an alternative to get you up and running.

Maybe you moved. Maybe your cc expired. Maybe somewhere part of an address changed. Maybe you did a western tradition of changing your name upon marriage. Maybe your cc got flagged for other problem purchases. Maybe you've hit your credit limit.

@DSauve30 wrote:

Or I can hike my butt over to a competitor and change cellphone service provider.  This is crazy!!

@DSauve30  You are talking to other customers, do what you want but at the end of the day, they had difficulty charging your credit, and there have been many times someone forgets to change the date when they get a new one, or there card had been marked as stolen or they didn't have any money.Maybe even public mobile screwed up the payment process. I don't know, but to just toss everything up in the air at the first sign of a problem is silly if you ask me.

You are here for a reason and you have more than enough suggestions to get your service running, and preventing this from happening in the future. If you want to go to another company thats up to you. This is a service for a person that can manage their own profile. If making a manual payment is too much for you, it may be worth looking into the competition.

Have you checked the expiration date on your credit card? And check with the CC company to make sure that your card wasn't deactivated.

DSauve30

Anonymous
Not applicable

@DSauve30 wrote:

Thank you for your prompt reply.  I am receiving the following message.

Unable to process this transaction. 
Sorry, we are unable to verify your credit card information, so this transaction could not be completed. Your credit card has not been charged.

There has been no change to my CC information, do not understand why it is now not accepting my CC.

To get going sooner you could go over to recharge.com and buy vouchers and pay up that way. Or get off your butt 🙂 and hike over to a store that sells gift cards and buy a voucher.

Then take the time to figure out why the cc suddenly doesn't work.

DSauve30

Thank you for your prompt reply.  I am receiving the following message.

Unable to process this transaction. 
Sorry, we are unable to verify your credit card information, so this transaction could not be completed. Your credit card has not been charged.

There has been no change to my CC information, do not understand why it is now not accepting my CC.

RobertQc
Mayor / Maire

@DSauve30 wrote:

I am supposed to be on Autopay and all of a sudden this month it is not working and I have lost service.  I am getting frustrated as there is no one to contact to get this issue resolved.  How do I get this resolved immediately!

@DSauve30

Unfortunately, sometimes auto pay fails. Think of auto pay as a method for public mobile to charge you IF your account does not have sufficient balance. If you have sufficient balance it does not need to autopay, but auto pay is still configured so you get the reward. I highly recommend everyone to top off in advance as this process can prevent the somewhat common occurrence of autopay failure which causes a HUGE pain in the butt account suspension and loss of service.

"Simply make a one-time payment from the “Payment” tab in Self-Serve and opt to pay the “Amount Due”. This will cover the new plan cost less any partial payment that was taken. After successful payment, your services should be fully reactivated. If your services aren’t restored, please reach out to our Moderator Team ASAP and they will help get things sorted out. "

If your current "amount due" shows $0, try private browsing / incognito mode or call 611.

If no matter what you try you cannot make a payment with your card you can go to recharge.com and purchase a payment voucher.

If you are still in a "current market plan" you can try doing a one time manual payment and then doing a plan change. Once paid if it still doesn't reactivate you can try the "lost/stolen" trick or add another manual $1 payment. LOST/ STOLEN TRICK HERE Remember to reboot your phone after each step.

Need Help? Let's chat.