cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why is it so hard to update a credit card?

fasgergadfwe
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

My plan has been auto-renewing until recently when my credit card expired. I expect this happens all the time and fixing it should be easy. But there is an error that says the card could not be confirmed. The message bot here is diabolical. How do I get help? It is unreasonable to think this should be easy?

9 REPLIES 9

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@fasgergadfwe  I think the problem is that PM tries to make changes to an old outdated system in order to fix/improve things on the fly.

Then they sit back and let the customers test. 🙄

So they might fix/improve some functionality while breaking other areas as you have experienced.

Time for a new system,  let the rat rod go!

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Try using a different browser and incognito mode.  Also clear your cache and cookies the reboot and try logging in again.  If you still can't update it then submit a ticket by clicking on the question mark on the bottom right.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@fasgergadfwe 

Yes. But depending on how many times you've been trying, you might be locked out from adding it. You might still need the mods to release your account. It's that the system would think there's a fraud happening.

@fasgergadfwe as in step 3, enter the first 5 digits with the space.

Enter the credit card address EXACTLY as it appears on your statement.

Leave the apartment field blank, if required enter your apt number in the street address field.

Enter your postal code without spaces unless there is a space on the credit card statement then enter the first 5 digits only with the space.

Also clear your browser cache/history and open a new browser in incognito mode.

fasgergadfwe
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

This doesn't seem right. I have the credit card bill in front of me. The only thing different is the postal code that has a space in it on at the credit card side but only space for six characters at public mobile. Is it better to cut off the postal code? I just made two other payments online with the new card so I know the card is working.

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@fasgergadfwe your credit card may be locked from too many attempts. Wait 50 minutes from last attempt, clear your browser history, go to private/incognito mode and try again to add your credit card.

When entering your debit/ credit card information:
1. Enter the credit card address exactly as it appears on your statement ( capitalize all if necessary ).
2. Leave the apartment field blank, if applicable enter your apt in the street address field ie xxx - street address.
3. Enter your postal code without spaces ( if there is a space on the credit card statement then enter the first 5 digits only with the space).

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@fasgergadfwe 

The website can be finicky.  You can try a different web browser, clear cache or incognito mode.

With credit card information, make sure the address exactly matches your credit card billing information.  If apartment  number, leave that section blank.  

If you are having trouble submitting ticket for moderator help, you can private message moderate team (supposedly, take longer for response time)

Send a private message to moderator through the following link :

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Anonymous
Not applicable

@fasgergadfwe 

I agree with you about that chatbot thing. A month or so ago I had a change number problem and incredibly it worked quite well. But other than that I hadn't been able to get to a submit ticket screen.

If you have a unit number in your address, don't use the apt# field and put it in the street address instead.
And be sure the address exactly matches what the CC has down for you...punctuation, caps etc
Another option to try is to not have the space in the postal code or even drop the last digit.

Need Help? Let's chat.