cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why is in the payment section a field callec "apt#" and we sould not use it?

chloesoe
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

The SIMon bot and the community says, not to use an apartement number.

But on the payment page, there is such a field, see pic bottom right.

Selection_007.png

Why is there a field which we should not use?

7 REPLIES 7

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@helloitsme1990 wrote:

likely because it needs to match your billing information... so its there just in case yur bank declines it for not having it included

@helloitsme1990 this is correct.

MOST banks and credit unions seem to be using the Canada Post standard now, which is to include the unit number in the address 1 field.  So for example, if you live in appartment 123 at 555 Fake Str, your credit card statements probably include this in the address:

Mr./Mrs. Publicmobile Customer

123-555 Fake St

Somewhere, ON

H0H 0H0

If your statements have your address that way, leave the Apt # field BLANK and type in what you see into the Street Address field.  

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

@88cranston wrote:

@chloesoe wrote:

Selection_007.png

I believe it is there because you are filling out an application for PM “and” for E911. Keep in mind E911 and 911 do the same thing but “are” different. You have to be very descriptive for E911. But since this is a mobile phone vs a home phone the E911 location of caller is not always going to be accurate....it is very important to know how to handle a E911 call. 

Billing information isn't for 911. They go by account address. This screen is only for payment and can be different than account profile address.

helloitsme1990
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

likely because it needs to match your billing information... so its there just in case yur bank declines it for not having it included

88cranston
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@chloesoe wrote:

Selection_007.png

I believe it is there because you are filling out an application for PM “and” for E911. Keep in mind E911 and 911 do the same thing but “are” different. You have to be very descriptive for E911. But since this is a mobile phone vs a home phone the E911 location of caller is not always going to be accurate....it is very important to know how to handle a E911 call. 

@nightbrad wrote:

If you live in a house for example you would not need to fill that area in. If you live in an apartment complex or condo you will need to use it. It's optional my friend 

The help pages say not to use unit number because in the past, this has caused payments to fail for non-matching addresses, yet if you just left the appartment, condominium, suite, or unit number blank even if you have one, the payment would sometimes get processed fine.

Ed404
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

It does not have a red * so it's not a mandatory field, perhaps it's a broken field.

nightbrad
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

If you live in a house for example you would not need to fill that area in. If you live in an apartment complex or condo you will need to use it. It's optional my friend 

Need Help? Let's chat.