cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why is Public charging me 2 more dollars than usual? I used to pay 30 now they are charging me 32!!!

Anunnak
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

9 REPLIES 9

@Anunnak wrote:

Yes, my credit card changed. So when Public wanted to take the pay, it was not possible. But I updated my information immediately and since then Public has been charging me 2 more dollars. This last time they charged me 32.20!!!

@Anunnak 

If possible, screenshot your payment history page (omit any personal information).  That would provide useful information.  

You do have to pay taxes on your $30 plan.  If you have autopay, $2 autopay rewards would reduce the plan to $28 + taxes.  If you taxes is 15%, then the total price would be $32.20.  

Anunnak

Yes, my credit card changed. So when Public wanted to take the pay, it was not possible. But I updated my information immediately and since then Public has been charging me 2 more dollars. This last time they charged me 32.20!!!

Anunnak

Thank you for replying.

No, the amount owing is 30, but Public has been charging me 32. This last time Public charged me 32.20!

What can I do to talk to a person, I want my money back.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

Hi @Anunnak 

This reply presumes you are on auto-pay.

So your payment from your payment card has gone from $30 to $32?  The $32 was actually charged to the card?

The system will display the amount owing as the plan amount on the self-serve account landing page.

To view the estimated amount owing (after rewards are applied), click on My Rewards and view the amount to the right of:    As of today your estimated payment is:

Does that read as $32.00?

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

Anonymous
Not applicable

There has been the rare occasion where someone had not been paying taxes and then suddenly they were. If the math works out then that might be why.

Where are you seeing new $2? Your payment card? Payment history here? Amount due on the overview page?

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

Hello @Anunnak ,

Are you able to provide us a snippet of your payment history (leaving out any personal info?).

OR check it out yourself under: "View payment history" in your SELF SERVE, and let us know what you find.

thanks

yuongmic
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

There's literally no way we could know without looking at your plan details.

Did you take off auto-pay?

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

@Anunnak 

Province taxes?

What's your plan?

Do you have possibly referrals and you lost a few?

Need Help? Let's chat.