cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why does the number I'm paying for not work?

kas
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I purchased the $15 plan for my little sister months ago thinking it might go away but last week was her birthday and I gave her the phone (iPhone SE fully unlocked)with the PM sim card to find out it doesn't work.  I'm very disappointed.  I planned in advance and I still ended up in this situation.  I tried changing the number, but it is still saying not in service.  It's been a few days since I changed it.  The moderator gave me steps to take, same situation.  Members of the community gave me steps to take and same issue.  I can't confirm that the service hasn't worked for over 3 months because the sim card was just sitting here not being used.  I was paying for it so I can't imagine they just sold the number to someone else.... The first number when I tried calling from my own phone  was to someone else who set a voicemail.  I also put the sim in my phone which is an Android and it did not work either.  The phone I bought her was the iPhone SE.  I looked it up, nothing wrong with it, not blacklisted or anything.   I have the receipt for it.  I just want someone to solve this so I can give her the gift properly with no issues. 

The moderators are giving me the same potential solutions I was given in the community which I have already told them did not work.  @Dave_M @CS_Agent please do something because this is horrible service!

9 REPLIES 9

purplepaint
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Where did you purchase the phone? Try inserting another working sim card into the phone to see if it works. Certain phones need to "activated" by inserting a local sim card, even if the phones are unlocked to begin with.

Otherwise, perhaps go to the nearest phone booth that has PM and see if they could do anything about it?

kas

Hi Dunkman,

Thanks again for your support.  I reloaded an additional $15 to the account after auto pay already took the money but still nothing works.  I'll give the airplane mode a try  

@kas 

Still unable to resolve this issues from the weekend.  That is frustrating.  Keep in contact with moderators since they are the ones that can help with account issues.  From your self service account, I think that you can only change your phone number once every month.  

A couple of other things that you can try as your wait for moderator (not sure if you tried already):

1.  Manually load $1 into your account.  Sometimes this triggers plan reset

2.  Toggle airplane mode on, then wait a few minutes, toggle airplane off.  

Hopefully, it gets resolved soon.  Maybe ask for some form of compensation once everything is resolved.   

kas

Yes, it's especially rough because my household now has 3 lines with public mobile because of my recommendations and this experience has gotten me looking for another company.  

kas

At first it didn't, but that made sense because like I said, the previous number registered to the account according to to public mobile was being used by someone else.  Once I changed it, the iPhone picked up on the new appropriate number.  I don't know if the sim is defective but I just know the new number is out of service.  

kas
Account Status: Active
  • My Rewards
    • AutoPay Reward ($2)
    • Community Reward $0
    • Refer-a-Friend Reward ($1)
  • To learn more about Rewards, visit our Community
  • My Data & Add-Ons 

If a feature is not listed below, it may have been fully consumed and no longer available for use. 

• Data & Add-OnsAmount Used
    100 Minutes Canada-Wide Talk
    0  /  100 MIN
    250 MB at 3G speed
    0  /  250 MB
  •  
  • AutoPay
  • You are currently registered for dynamic Autopay
  • Payment Due Date (One-Time Payment): Sep 25, 2019
  • AutoPay Amount: This is your plan cost minus Rewards. Any Available funds will be applied first.
  •  
  •  

Psygineer
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

I'm curious if there is an issue with the SIM. Can you verify that the number on the account matches the SIM itself? A typo could cause this. Alternatively the SIM itself could potentially be defective if it did not work in two separate unlocked phones. ( assuming the specific model you have is compatible and not a Carrier specific banded or overseas submodel)

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

When you log into your self-serve account, what is the status there?

ChuckYeah
Mayor / Maire

I'm sorry for your frustrations. It sounds like you did everything right and got no satisfaction. 

It's too bad there are ANY cases like this one.

Need Help? Let's chat.