cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why does it say plan expired when I am on auto-pay?

Dave76
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I just checked my account and in bold red letters it says plan expired.  From the 611 text it told my my payment went through.  It also stated that I am registered for auto pay

12 REPLIES 12

Dave76

So what I figured out is that I had gotten a new card in the mail.  Same number but different 3 digit code on the back.  Until I added funds to make my account active I couldn't do anything.  I contacted a moderator and was sent a link to buy a voucher.  When I got my account active again I tried to update the card with no success.  I wonder if trying to use the same number with different 3 digit code cause a glitch in the system.  I used a different credit card and it accepted no problem.  Seems all is back to normal now with my account with the new credit card number.  

@Dave76  try these tricks to restart your phone service. You could try in order:
1. Restarting your phone. Turn your phone off, wait 30 seconds and restart.
2.Putting your phone on aeroplane mode for 5 minutes. Take it off and restart.
3.From your self service account enable the lost/ stolen feature log out, wait 5  minutes, log in and take it off. Log out and restart your phone.
4. Add a one time payment and of $1 To your account and restart your phone .

If these tricks don't work contact a moderator and ask them to reset your SIM. Click on the green questionmark in the white circle at the bottom right of your screen.  This connects to the autobot Simon.  Type moderator and follow the prompts to get to one (CLICK on account specific question and human and submit a ticket)
Once connected, you will be asked to log in again with your community user name and password.  Please do, this allows you to continue and send your message.

Check your private message sent box (click on the envelope top right of your screen) to make sure the message was sent. Also keep an eye on the envelope, the mods answer will show up there.
You can also enable email notification to receive a private message notification sent to your email.
Go into your community account > my settings > PREFERENCES > Private Messenger > enable "Receive email notifications for new private messages" > Save

Dave76

Right now I can't send or receive texts.  That tells me it has expired.

@Dave76  Again @geopublic is correct....it disappears when it gets used up....was it almost done already? (versus untouched?)

Staliger
Mayor / Maire

@Dave76 Autopay sometimes fails. I advise do manual payment even with enabled autopay. Try to add $1 extra than your plan cost and restart your phone.

@Dave76 Did you see the link that I provided above to wjat the PM renewal process looks like? Does it look like yours?

@Dave76 wrote:

I also seem to have lost my free 1 gig data.  On one screen it still shows.  I guess I will wait to see of it clears up.  This is a bit confusing.  So far all of my payments have come from credits.  This is the first payment that should be made by my auto-pay credit card

@Dave76  The only time your data add-on gets lost (disappears),  is when it gets used up.

Dave76

I considered it might be an april fools joke.  If it is then you got me good.  

@Dave76  EXPIRED is public mobiles April fools joke on you....no really @gblackma  and @geopublic  are correct. Which 1gb data bonus are you referring to?

Dave76

I also seem to have lost my free 1 gig data.  On one screen it still shows.  I guess I will wait to see of it clears up.  This is a bit confusing.  So far all of my payments have come from credits.  This is the first payment that should be made by my auto-pay credit card

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@Dave76 wrote:

I just checked my account and in bold red letters it says plan expired.  From the 611 text it told my my payment went through.  It also stated that I am registered for auto pay

@Dave76  

If your plan was up for renewal and your phone is still working you can ignore this message. The temporary plan suspension although confusing is a normal part of Public Mobile's renewal process and in many ways it's best to simply not monitor the account during the renewal process.

If you are not familiar with the Public Mobile renewal process the temporary suspended status could easily cause concern and panic and and cause the customer to take unnecessary actions (Making onetime payments) that often result in account suspension possibly requiring moderator intervention and unnecessary downtime.

The way the PM renewal process works is as follows:

1. Plan will show "expired" sometime before midnight.
2. Rewards get converted to available funds at midnight, rewards reset and account shows Suspended (temporary).
3. In the early hours, if there any available funds they are credited first then if necessary the AP credit card gets charged to cover the plan cost renewal.
4. Plan gets renewed and the account status changes back to Active.

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@Dave76  The normal PM renewal process is expired, then suspended, payment comes out at 2am est (on the self service account date) then the plan resets for the next 30 day cycle at 6am est. Once your phone is working properly ignore it. Just check for you 611 payment thankyou text message tomorrow.
Renewal process screenshots https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Paying-for-your-service/If-I-have-a-credit-35-00-does...

Need Help? Let's chat.