cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JamesChau1
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Re: Why did you cut off my service when I have AutoPay set up!!!

Still no message from them. This is unacceptable as a service provider. The whole point of having the autopay, is so that I don't have to manually pay and be in this stupid situation to begin with. This is like going to a restaurant to pay for service and food. But in return they give you a plate of uncooked food and tell you to cook it yourself. Does that make sense to you PUBLIC MOBILE??? I didn't authorize any changes or cancellation on my plan, so why did you do this all of sudden and disrupt my work day? 

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@JamesChau1 

It's a lot faster for you to just reactivate your service yourself. Log in. Make a payment. The service reactivates and you're done.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@JamesChau1 

If you are going to make a restaurant analogy then its more like you order a double double and a Boston creme and you tap your card and the payment fails. You don't get your order. Then you have to put your card in the pos system and manually enter your pin # to pay. Then you get your donut and coffee.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

@JamesChau1  you have access to SelfServe My Account?  did you try manual payment?

go back to @darlicious '  example, it's quicker to just try again with your credit card then call and wait for someone to give you an explanation of what happened and why.   Try to manually pay first and get your service back 

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@JamesChau1...truth is, Autopay can occasionally fail....not often, but it has been known to occur. One option is to dial 611, make your credit card payment there...you'll need your pin. Another option is to get payment vouchers at retail level, like Shell Gas stations or London Drug (in the west), then dial 611 to add to your account and reactivate it.

FYI.. some seasoned PM'ers will manually add $$ to their Available Funds right before next renewal...just to avoid that Autopay failure. You'll still get the Autopay Rewards too.

It is an annoyance, fer shur....we've all suggested PM fix Autopay failure but to date....nada.

Please make sure your cc hasn't changed or expired or been locked out for some reason.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

@JamesChau1   

yes, Autopay is far from perfect and it does fail from time to time.. not sure why..  let's hope your next Autopay will run smoother

So, did you try a manual pay and did it work?  your service is back?

z10user4
Mayor / Maire

@JamesChau1 : The company expects users to come to this community as you did and lo and behold, the community got you going. No waiting on hold. No trying to understand what some call centre agent is saying.

Done.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@JamesChau1 

It IS frustrating.

It sounds like a full-service model mobile phone provider may suit your needs better than a purely on-line model.

For many users of Public Mobile, not waiting for a real-live person to chat with (after waiting on hold for 30-60 minutes) works just fine.  

For a few, this just isn't their cup of tea.

There's no shame in wanting a service model which differs than what's provided for here.

Hope all works out!!!

thread ediited (terms of service)

z10user4
Mayor / Maire

@computergeek541 : Wow. That was a bit of work. I didn't write a cuss word, I wrote the b-ing word itself. Lol

Need Help? Let's chat.