cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why did you cut off my service when I have AutoPay set up!!!

JamesChau1
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Does anybody know the customer service hotline that I can call. No I do not want to talk to a  bot that won't solve me problem that your service created for no reason!

22 REPLIES 22

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@JamesChau1 wrote:

Does anybody know the customer service hotline that I can call. No I do not want to talk to a  bot that won't solve me problem that your service created for no reason!

@JamesChau1 

I see your subject "cut off my service " so did you actually lose your services...or did you see "Expired" or "Suspended" messages on your Self Serve account?

If all services are working, ignore these messages.

If services are not working, then yes, see all other posts - good luck!

@Meow wrote:

@HALIMACS wrote:

For many users of Public Mobile, not waiting for a real-live person to chat with (after waiting on hold for 30-60 minutes) works just fine.  

Frankly speaking, after using PM since March 2021, I would NOT change current support model for anything else. 'Live person' might or might not resolve issues and few times when I had to contact 'live person' (over the phone or chat) at some other company I had to thank them and call again to get another one who knows better.

EXACTLY @Meow 

The great thing about PM Community support is, although you may receive some less than great ideas, you're sure to also receive some great ideas and options.

By calling for these services, you've got about a 50% chance (after waiting what seems an eternity) of getting good ideas and solutions by the CSR on the other end.

@HALIMACS wrote:

For many users of Public Mobile, not waiting for a real-live person to chat with (after waiting on hold for 30-60 minutes) works just fine.  

Frankly speaking, after using PM since March 2021, I would NOT change current support model for anything else. 'Live person' might or might not resolve issues and few times when I had to contact 'live person' (over the phone or chat) at some other company I had to thank them and call again to get another one who knows better.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@computergeek541 : Wow. That was a bit of work. I didn't write a cuss word, I wrote the b-ing word itself. Lol

thread ediited (terms of service)

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@JamesChau1 

It IS frustrating.

It sounds like a full-service model mobile phone provider may suit your needs better than a purely on-line model.

For a few, this just isn't their cup of tea.

There's no shame in wanting a service model which differs than what's provided for here.

Hope all works out!!!

Anonymous
Not applicable

@JamesChau1 : The company expects users to come to this community as you did and lo and behold, the community got you going. No waiting on hold. No trying to understand what some call centre agent is saying.

Done.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

@JamesChau1   

yes, Autopay is far from perfect and it does fail from time to time.. not sure why..  let's hope your next Autopay will run smoother

So, did you try a manual pay and did it work?  your service is back?

@JamesChau1...truth is, Autopay can occasionally fail....not often, but it has been known to occur. One option is to dial 611, make your credit card payment there...you'll need your pin. Another option is to get payment vouchers at retail level, like Shell Gas stations or London Drug (in the west), then dial 611 to add to your account and reactivate it.

FYI.. some seasoned PM'ers will manually add $$ to their Available Funds right before next renewal...just to avoid that Autopay failure. You'll still get the Autopay Rewards too.

It is an annoyance, fer shur....we've all suggested PM fix Autopay failure but to date....nada.

Please make sure your cc hasn't changed or expired or been locked out for some reason.

@JamesChau1  you have access to SelfServe My Account?  did you try manual payment?

go back to @darlicious '  example, it's quicker to just try again with your credit card then call and wait for someone to give you an explanation of what happened and why.   Try to manually pay first and get your service back 

@JamesChau1 

If you are going to make a restaurant analogy then its more like you order a double double and a Boston creme and you tap your card and the payment fails. You don't get your order. Then you have to put your card in the pos system and manually enter your pin # to pay. Then you get your donut and coffee.

@JamesChau1 

It's a lot faster for you to just reactivate your service yourself. Log in. Make a payment. The service reactivates and you're done.

JamesChau1

Still no message from them. This is unacceptable as a service provider. The whole point of having the autopay, is so that I don't have to manually pay and be in this stupid situation to begin with. This is like going to a restaurant to pay for service and food. But in return they give you a plate of uncooked food and tell you to cook it yourself. Does that make sense to you PUBLIC MOBILE??? I didn't authorize any changes or cancellation on my plan, so why did you do this all of sudden and disrupt my work day? 

@JamesChau1 

Who knows? Autopay fails probably 1/1000 times. Unfortunately you were the "1" this time. If you absolutely want to ensure your service doesn't get suspended then top up your account before renewal and your payment will come from your balance rather than attempting the one time autopay charge. 

JamesChau1

I didn't change anything, CC is not expired or maxed out. They did autopay in October.

@JamesChau1 

Well now that you triggered the smut filter you will get a message from a CSA in your private message box the envelope icon at the top right corner of your screen next to your avatar. A little number will pop up indicating a reply from a CSA. You can chat with them as to what caused your autopay to fail.

Otherwise log into your self serve account and make a manual payment by choosing "other amount" and add enough funds to cover your plan amount +$1 and confirm and submit your payment. Your service should automatically renew. Log out and reboot your phone.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@JamesChau1 : Is your credit card expired? Is it maxed out? Did you change your address? Technology happens. Please do report it to the CSA's so they know it happened but you've been offered a couple options to reactivate the account. The 611 option will need your 4 digit PIN.

Edit: because the autopay system makes one attempt.

JamesChau1

I had auto pay setup. So why do I suddenly need to make a manual payment????!??!

Anonymous
Not applicable

@JamesChau1 

if you need to Contact Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, 

Here’s How To Contact Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent,

• you can send a private message to Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, by Click Here link,
  • please include in your message,
  • phone number,
  • account 4 digit pin,
  • Email address,

• Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, will Response to your inbox by private message 
  • During business hours, we strive to answer customer messages swiftly. You will often get an answer within an hour. During peak periods, you may need to wait up to 48 hours.Customer Support Agents are available:
    • Monday to Sunday: 6 AM to 10 PM EST
    • Note: For public mobile No Support by phone call or Email.. only by CS_Agentprivate message..

Check your private message inbox (click on the envelope top right of your screen)

Anonymous
Not applicable

@JamesChau1 

sometime Autopay is fail,

go sign in to Self-Serve, to review your account,

1. Click on Payment

2. Make a Payment

3. one Time Payment 

4. you will see your Amount Due:$$

5. Payment Type: selected other ( Enter the desired payment amount )

6. how much you see at Amount Due:$ ! you will do manually enter Amount:$$ + $1 extra

7. Tax: will collect automatically,
8. Click ‘Submit’,
9. after payment gone through, you have to do Rebooting your phone

what is mean for Rebooting the phone means to turn off your phone and turn it back on again.

10. and how much you pay the extra is will going to your account Available funds:$ ! has the amount left,
and for next bill cycle the will take it from there automatically,

and if still not fix it follow this,

1. Add Funds to your Plan Amount through Self Serve  
  2. Go to “Plan and Add-Ons” TAB
  3. Select "Lost/Stolen Phone" TAB
  4. Select "Suspend Service" BUTTON
  5. Then, Select Resume/Reactivate Service
  6. Reboot your phone.
  7. what is mean for Rebooting the phone means to turn off your phone about 2 minutes and turn it back on.

t_p
Mayor / Maire

There is NO service hotline at PM .

You'll have to deal with online service, whether you like it or not.

If you don't like the bot, then send a private message:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

That being said, Autopay can fail sometimes. Have you checked if your cc is not expired?

If you can still log in to your account, make a payment (via cc or voucher) to reactivate the service. If still not working, try Suspend then Resume service (via Lost/Stolen Phone page) to get it going.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

Log into your account...is it Active or Suspended ? Dial 611 to add $$ to your suspended account to reactivate it.

Need Help? Let's chat.