cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why did public mobile take more money for my phone bill

kyla420
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi,

so I went into my visa debit and checked to see if my payment went through which it did, and my phone bill is originally $50 a month for my plan. This month it was $48 because I had rewards added to it. Anyway, I just paid my phone bill and it took out $55.60 and my phone bill only needed a payment of $48... 

8 REPLIES 8

ClaudeR
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Yep, the taxes!

To put it nicely, prices are all exclusive of taxes unless stated otherwise.

Prices are not listed as VAT, aka Value added total.

@surreyboz wrote:

@kyla420 wrote:

Hi,

so I went into my visa debit and checked to see if my payment went through which it did, and my phone bill is originally $50 a month for my plan. This month it was $48 because I had rewards added to it. Anyway, I just paid my phone bill and it took out $55.60 and my phone bill only needed a payment of $48... 

You can't be real? Unless you are new to Canada and came from a country where taxes are included in every thing you buy.   

FyI. In Canada Taxes are paid even after you die on your Funeral Service and on the casket purchase. The only difference is since you are dead so someone else is paying those taxes on your behalf.

surreyboz

@kyla420 wrote:

Hi,

You can't be real? Unless you are new to Canada and came from a country where taxes are included in every thing you buy.   

FyI. In Canada Taxes are paid even after you die on your Funeral Service and on the casket purchase. The only difference is since you are dead so someone else is paying those taxes on your behalf.

surreyboz

@srlawren wrote:

@kyla420 wrote:

Thank you so much

@kyla420 nothing is sure in life except death and taxes

You even pay taxes on Funeral Services and even on the casket that was purchased for your.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@kyla420 wrote:

Thank you so much

@kyla420 nothing is sure in life except death and taxes

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

kyla420
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thank you so much

Alex888
Mayor / Maire
@kyla420 The cost of the plan does not include tax and neither does the amount your account says you owe for your next renewal, tax is added on after. If you buy a voucher you pay tax when you purchase the voucher, if you are on autopay then tax is applied to the payment.

RossN
Mayor / Maire

there are taxes involved also

Need Help? Let's chat.