cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why cant I change my plan

finnonfire
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I couldnt change my plan without getting it prorated. Imagine paying twice in the same month and losing the previous money. So I bought addons. Ended up wasting 10 dollars

10 REPLIES 10

@finnonfire wrote:

I couldnt change my plan without getting it prorated. Imagine paying twice in the same month and losing the previous money. So I bought addons. Ended up wasting 10 dollars

Without getting it prorated?

The fact that there is no proration is the very reason that you ended up paying extra. When a carrier prorates a plan fee, that usually eneds up being a good thing for the customer.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@finnonfire wrote:

@finnonfire  Welcome to prepaid. Public is strictly a prepaid service so using add-ons is a good backup to have. You also have the option to have the plan change automatically during your next renewal so you can avoid paying twice.

Naepalm
Mayor / Maire

@finnonfire wrote:

Public Mobile is a prepaid service. In order for this to be fluid and seamless, they have set in parameters. If you have come from a provider like BELL or ROGERS or TELUS this can be frustrating. But what isn't frustrating is that you are not locked into a contract, your bill isn't 110.00 a month for the same service.

When you buy add ons they roll over, whereas if you were to add an extra G to bell it wouldn't roll over, you would have to continue to pay for that one extra Gig every month. Prorated sounds cool but it's expensive after a while. The only time prorated is good is when you cancel your bill. 

Hope your day goes better! 

Cheers

oglat
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@finnonfire if you purchased an add-on it will stay with you until used up

The only way you can waste money is if you got roaming add-on and you can't go to USA or if you purchased minutes which are included in your plan. In each case you can contact moderators to have those add-ons removed and money reimbursed.

If you are trying to switch to the same plane (renew early) you can do that too, you will beg help if moderators https://publicmobile.ca.ada.support/chat/ 

What plan are you on? 

oglat
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@finnonfire 

You can change your plan. (Immediately or postpone) 

It will never be prorated, for that you need postpaid service

iliketotalk
Mayor / Maire

@finnonfire hi how did you waste 10 dollars?

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@finnonfire wrote:

There are 2 options to change plan -

1.  immediately

2.  schedule change on your next renewal date.

You must have selected to change plan immediately.

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@finnonfire  PM is a prepaid service there are no refunds.  So if you choose change immediately, you lose what you paid and you are charged immediately for the new plan. It is recommended that the change be made at the next renewal. Heres an article on switching plans 

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/change-your-plan

Here's a screenshot on how to do it 

20200416_143943.jpg

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@finnonfire yes, unfortunately you will end up paying twice if you change plans right away. your previous plan gets cancelled and your renewal date changes to the new plan you just activated. 

JoyLuck
Mayor / Maire

@finnonfire wrote:

You should have chosen change on next renewal date.

Contact a moderator for help to fix your situation:

Please use the chatbot SIMon to help you solve your issue. If SIMon cannot solve your issue then you have the option to contact a moderator.

Step 1: Choose the ? button at the right bottom corner of this page or choose “Get Help” at the top of the page and then choose the “Chat with SIMon” button.

Step 2: Tell SIMon what the issue is and see if he can find a solution for you.

Step 3: If Simon cannot find a solution then type in “moderator” to connect to a Public Mobile customer service representative.

Step 4: Simon will present you with two choices. Choose “Account-specific question”

Step 5 Then choose “No, I want a human”

Step 6 Create your ticket

Check the sent folder to make sure your ticket was sent (envelope icon, top right) and the inbox for a reply from the moderators.

“To ensure the safety of our team members during the COVID-19 pandemic, our Moderator team is working at reduced levels. During this time, you may experience longer than normal wait times when contacting our Moderator team for help.”

Moderators are available:

Monday to Friday from 8 AM to midnight Eastern time.

Saturday and Sunday from 8 AM to 10 PM Eastern time

Need Help? Let's chat.