cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why I was charged for the first month?

Rui
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I was a new customer on the last day of 2019 Black Friday and was promised that the first month would be free. But just now when I checked my RBC bank account, I found I was charged $44.80 on Dec 3rd, 2019. I do not understand. Public mobile should not break the promise, right? Please refund me the money. 

12 REPLIES 12

@Rui  Its a tough one for our west coasters  to remember everything is eastern time including y.our renewal time. If it was just after 9pm pt you finished activating you may be able to appeal to the mods. Just follow the instructions previously given to contact the moderators. Good luck!

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Rui wrote:

But if I choose to stay, I won't get any credit? Where did eastern time written in Black Friday promotions? 

Right there at the top of the offer thread . Pretty much all of their announcements have ET mentioned.

Rui

But if I choose to stay, I won't get any credit? Where did eastern time written in Black Friday promotions? 

@Rui wrote:

Thank you! I am in Metro Vancouver and when I activated the SIM card, it was after 9:00, which means the next day for eastern time. But I had no idea of that! If I knew this, I would have never transferred from Fido to Public Mobile!
I have another question, what is the policy when the customer quits Public Mobile? Yesterday I just paid for the next 30 days. If I quit in a couple of days, will I get some refund? 

You won't like the answer but the policy is no refunds.

Rui

Thank you! I am in Metro Vancouver and when I activated the SIM card, it was after 9:00, which means the next day for eastern time. But I had no idea of that! If I knew this, I would have never transferred from Fido to Public Mobile!
I have another question, what is the policy when the customer quits Public Mobile? Yesterday I just paid for the next 30 days. If I quit in a couple of days, will I get some refund? 

@Rui  If your activation was December 2nd before 11:59pm et. (This is important as I don't know your location.....all times are eastern.) Then you qualify  for the free second month and because you are on the $40 you may also recieve a one time 5gb data add on that will stay on your account until used or you change your plan. Hopefully you activated before the stated time in the promo.

If so contact a moderator by clicking on the (?) At the bottom right of your screen and submit a ticket via Simon explaining your issue to the moderators.  Type in human or rep , account specific question, no i need a human then follow the prompts answering as best you can til you can submit your service ticket. Keep an eye on your private message box at the top right corner of your screen for a little number will pop up indicating a message from the moderators. Responding promptly to messages will speed up your service times.                                                                                                    If you are unsure of the time you submitted and you did an online activation  that caused you some problems requiring you to wait out a lock out session for your SIM card to be accepted for activation again  and missed the deadline by less than half an hour you could plead your case and the moderator may honour the deal.   

Rui

The activiation was on Dec 2nd. I am 100% sure there are 30 days free. But where is it? I just keep paying. What if I did not pay attention to what I have paid? Public Mobile will never give me $40 credit? I do not understand. 

@Rui wrote:

If it is free for the second 30 days, why I was charged again today? Today is the beginning of the second 30 days.

If today is first day of new 30 days, activation was on December 4. The promo was over.

What is the time and date of your activation?

Rui

If it is free for the second 30 days, why I was charged again today? Today is the beginning of the second 30 days.

@Rui  Log in to your account and check your transaction history. It should have a $40 credit along with a referral credit of $10 and $4 autopay reward for Dec and Jan. $54 credit

Since it is your renewal tonight it should appear as: $54-$10 plan=$44-$30 5gb data=$14.

Do not panic if it says expired or suspended this is normal for your renewal. As long as you have service on your phone everything will appear normal in the morning.

Whew...bloody *poof*the magic dragon disappearing post bug is lurking around. Try #3!

@Rui wrote:

I was a new customer on the last day of 2019 Black Friday and was promised that the first month would be free. But just now when I checked my RBC bank account, I found I was charged $44.80 on Dec 3rd, 2019. I do not understand. Public mobile should not break the promise, right? Please refund me the money. 

Public Mobile has never offered the first month free. Any such promotion would have been for the second 30 days of service.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Rui  If you go to announcements and reread the promotion it says "your next 30 days are free". You will be credited $40 in the next 30 days in your account before the next  renewal.

Need Help? Let's chat.