cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why I've been over charged for last 12 months?

hockhan
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi! My plan is $120 for 3 months.

Recently I found that I've been charged $180 every three months.

Would you let me know why ?

03-Dec-176GB Data/Données 6 Go $59.00$0.00
03-Dec-17Unlimited International Text/Messagerie texte à l'International $45.00$59.00
03-Dec-17Unlimited Provincial Talk/Appels Illimités dans la Province $51.00$104.00
03-Dec-1790-day pass/Passe de 90 jours $25.00$155.00
03-Dec-173 Choices with Provincial Talk/3 Choix avec les appels illimités provinciaux$60.00 $180.00

7 REPLIES 7

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

FYI: Understanding your transaction history

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

PJC
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@hockhanwrote:

Hi! My plan is $120 for 3 months.

Recently I found that I've been charged $180 every three months.

Would you let me know why ?

03-Dec-176GB Data/Données 6 Go $59.00$0.00
03-Dec-17Unlimited International Text/Messagerie texte à l'International $45.00$59.00
03-Dec-17Unlimited Provincial Talk/Appels Illimités dans la Province $51.00$104.00
03-Dec-1790-day pass/Passe de 90 jours $25.00$155.00
03-Dec-173 Choices with Provincial Talk/3 Choix avec les appels illimités provinciaux$60.00 $180.00

Rather than trying to read the convoluted payment history, you should just look at your credit card statement and see what was actually charged.

Korth
Mayor / Maire

You were charged $120 total.

Total charges applied on 17-Dec-2017 =

$25 (90-day) + $51 (Talk) + $45 (Text) + $59 (Data) - $60 (bundle discount) = $120

You can confirm this by seeing $120 deducted from your available fund balance (or applied against your credit card balance).

The convoluted bassackwards billing is itemized from the point of view of Telus accounting (who think in terms of money moving in and out), not summarized from the point of view of Telus customers (who think in terms of what things cost).  Revamping this nonsensical corpspeak into plain readable language is something I've suggested to PM before.

Whiile confusing, the prices listed in your payment history are just like how they advertise it.  As said earlier, the $60 is the 3 choice disocunt.   Think of it as a "free" $60 payment. This means that you were not overcharged.

I can't say for sure if you have or not, but if you've taken an accounting course in high school or post secondary, you'll realize all this payment history is really doing is balancing the left side debits and right side credits, and doing that also shows that you don't owe anything for the plan.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

The payment history is really hard to follow.  It took me the longest time to fully figure it out.  Frankly, I just go by the credit card payment history.  If the charge there are correct, I care very little what the payment history shows.  There was mention about how the website was being updated just to show final totals to remove discounts for adding multiple features to the plan.  I wonder if that will also translate to to the payment history.  It sure would make for improve readability. 

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

@hockhan You posted an incomplete screenshot of your transaction history. I bet that the row that you left out is the actual payment of $120 added to your account. That $60 is a discount credit applies to make the total price $120. So no, you are not over paying. Check your cc transaction and you will know that you were charged ($120-rewards)+tax.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@hockhan, Are you sure you were actually charged $180.  I believe the plan is a$180 plan, but the $60 next to it (in the first column) is your discount.  Thus your actual plan total is only $120.  If you pay by CC, you should have an entry for your actual payment amount.  Not sure what you would see if paying by voucher, but I suspect it would be similar.

Need Help? Let's chat.