cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why I have been charged $6.78 and $9,04 on top of my plan

Herve
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi,

im on the $35 plan. I have been charged $6,78 on Oct 21 and $9.04 on Sep 20 on top of the $35 I pay each month. Why?

Is the billing from the 1st to 30 of every month or it s 30 day from any day?

I started my plan on the 6th of the month and I am charged on the 2nd. I dont understand.

Thanks.

16 REPLIES 16

Taxes (GST, HST, PST, QST, whatever) are always charged at point of payment. In this case they're added to the Visa AutoPay.

But $6 and $9 seem like too much for a $35 Plan. Suggesting a higher-priced Plan, Add-on purchases, some kind of fraud, or some kind of billing error. The month-to-month variance suggests maybe a signup promo/discount has expired or maybe different Rewards applied each month. 

Login to your Self-Serve and check the itemized billing history. Confirm that you do indeed have the $35 Plan (and $35 bill) you expect you should have. Confirm that no Add-ons have been purchased. Confirm that the numbers look wrong.

You won't learn much on your Visa transaction history. It only identifies the (apparent) vendor, time/date, amount, and type of transaction. It does not identify how the vendor describes costs or did the math. 

@Herve wrote:

Thx a lot

@Herve  Both charges are w/tax...$6×13% tax =$6.78 and $8×13% tax =$9.04  Just on a side note since you mentioned the plan you are on is the $35 w/1gb data or $33 w/autopay and 1.5gb data. The more cost effective plan would be the $25 plan but on autopay the data doubles to 1gb and reduces in price to $23. Alternatively for only $5 more than your current plan the $40 has 4.5gb of data and w/autopay it's $38 w/ 5gb of data. Just something to consider changing to on your next renewal. Save $10 for almost the same data or pay $5 more for a big increase in data.

Herve

Thx a lot

Sounds like the tax to me...shows up on credit card but not in the self serve account area. Though the extra amounts sound a bit higher than taxes in most provinces. There WILL be tax on your $35 payment but it should be included in a single charge every 30 days, not additional small charges.

AE_Collector

@Herve You have to use SIMon chatbot to submit a ticket to Moderators

1. Click the green "?" on the lower right of this page

2. Type "Contact moderator"

3. Click "Account-specific question"

4. Click "No, I want a human"

5. Click "Submit a ticket"

6. Login if your username/password are not filled in.

7. Click the drop down menu (in the white area).

8. Pick the topic that fits your issue and follow the directions to submit it.

9. If none of the topics are correct click Other/Something Else until you reach the blank form.

Btw if you are seeing charges from Public Mobile that you did not make, then one can assume that your credit card has been compromised and is being used by other(s).

@Herve wrote:

Hi,

im on the $35 plan. I have been charged $6,78 on Oct 21 and $9.04 on Sep 20 on top of the $35 I pay each month. Why?

Why are you starting multiple threads to something you already marked as solved?  Merged with your other thread

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Herve

Hi,

@Herve wrote:

The extra money I have been charged doesnt show on my Public Mobil payment history. I appears on my Visa activities.

Do these charges say they are from Public Mobile?

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

@Herve wrote:

The extra money I have been charged doesnt show on my Public Mobil payment history. I appears on my Visa activities.

Time to get them to figure this out!

Creating a support ticket:
Explain your issue to SIMON, seen below:

SIMON

Use as few words as possible to allow the BOT to understand. Answer his questions until you get here:

Create a support ticket

Click on "Submit a ticket" and the Moderator team will respond to your concern, usually within 48 hours.

Alternatively, you may send a private message to moderator through the following link :
Contact @Moderator_Team

About @Moderator_Team

Moderator Hours
Monday-Friday: 8AM- 12AM EST
Saturday & Sunday: 8AM-10PM EST

@Herve wrote:

No I didnt buy any add on.

If you don't want to post a screen shot of your billing, you're next best option is to click on the ? in lower right side of screen to start moderator intervention. You should start by typing "contact a human" until you can message a moderator. They're the best ones to ask about account related issues.

IMO...looks like you got an $8 add-on...taxes if 13% make it $9.04. Not sure what the first one is though.

Herve

I ll contact moderator. Thx.

Herve

ChuckYeah
Mayor / Maire

Someone recently postedthey were charged $0.53 for calls which is contrary to every thing I know about PM. You should contact @CS_Agent . Maybe this is a trend that should be looked into.

Do post your Transaction History with personal info blacked out. It would be nice to figure why people are being charged these small but unorthodox charges???

Herve

No I didnt buy any add on.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@Herve wrote:

Hi,

Is the billing from the 1st to 30 of every month or it s 30 day from any day?

I started my plan on the 6th of the month and I am charged on the 2nd. I dont understand.

Thanks.

Plans are of 30 or 90 day durations only. Can you post a screen shot of the Oct 21 and Sept 20th billing...edit out any personal info.

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@Herve 

The billing cycle is 30 days.  Did you buy any add ons or changed plans?

maybe screenshot your payment history page for last 2 months.  That might provide more information.  

Need Help? Let's chat.