Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where can I buy payment vouchers?

Lachlan_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

You may locate retailers who sell Payment Vouchers in the updated list below 

In the Greater Toronto Area you can contact the nearest store locations of the following retailers and ask them if they sell Public Mobile Payment Vouchers as well as which denominations they currently have in stock:

• Esso
  • Canadian Tire Gas Bar
  • Hasty Market
  • As well as many other locations.

In the Greater Montreal Area you can purchase payment vouchers at select locations for the following retailers:

• Esso
  • Canadian Tire Gas Bar
  • Ultramar
  • Uniprix
  • As well as many other locations.
49 REPLIES 49

DAVE5404
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

WALMART OR SHOPPERS DRUG MART

DAVE5404

WALMART

@bullcrap1 wrote:

I'm in Lindsay, anyone know besides Canadian Tire where to buy vouchers?

@bullcrap1  The best place in a smaller town is probably your local Shell station. They usually have lots of different voucher amounts and are loadable almost instantly thru 611 or logging into your account.

@bullcrap1 wrote:

Walmart?? Here's a link with different places to buy

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/payment-voucher

bullcrap1
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

bullcrap1

Tried the texting thing..didnt work 

madhi19
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@mariawilkerson wrote:

I have not heard about payment vouchers. 1.You make a payment. 2. Go to buy add one. 3. Use your add on. Nothing is done automatically except your auto payment. You pay first, then assign the money to purchase add one like extra data.

This is pretty much it, I dump money in the account every three months to cover the next period. I like it that way. It kind of sad that those three months plan are gone.

mariawilkerson

I have not heard about payment vouchers. 1.You make a payment. 2. Go to buy add one. 3. Use your add on. Nothing is done automatically except your auto payment. You pay first, then assign the money to purchase add one like extra data.

MCCAROLD

I put my postal code in the message portion but the 5130 is not a full number so the message was not delivered.  Help!

MCCAROLD

What is the number that I text my postal code to in order to get the retailers to buy the payment vouchers? Thank you.

@Korth wrote:

Why would Payment Vouchers include the AutoPay Reward?

I know that, yes, they can be used together. But they're based on different modes of payment, no reason for PM to assume they'll be combined when assigning the denominations.

I think they're just legacy amounts designed around long-discontinued plan prices.

Besides, as long as you have to keep buying oddball amounts you always end up with extra funds in your account balance... which you're unlikely to walk away from. You might see a killer from from the Competition but it doesn't seem as great a deal when you've already sunk $38 (plus Rewards) towards your next $45 phone bill. 

Is that not obvious? I'm sure lots of people want the $2 reward but choose not to use their credit card for renewal. It could be over the limit, insufficient funds, using it for a 0% interest balance transfer or "borrowed" from a friend or family member for set up and autopay but not for payments.

Or it's used for emergencies only, they run a cash business or don't want a paper trail...many reasons. You switch to save money so the bigger question would be if you can set up auto pay why wouldn't you to save $2/$24 +tax per year. That's a nice bottle of wine or a bottle of vodka.....

Why would Payment Vouchers include the AutoPay Reward?

I know that, yes, they can be used together. But they're based on different modes of payment, no reason for PM to assume they'll be combined when assigning the denominations.

I think they're just legacy amounts designed around long-discontinued plan prices.

Besides, as long as you have to keep buying oddball amounts you always end up with extra funds in your account balance... which you're unlikely to walk away from. You might see a killer from from the Competition but it doesn't seem as great a deal when you've already sunk $38 (plus Rewards) towards your next $45 phone bill. 

Johjj

I'm pretty sure all post offices also sell vouchers, hope that helps have a great day. ☺

The odd number amounts i. e. $43 or $18 is from previous plans and are still grandfathered in for users who don't want to choose a newly available plan. They are the plan cost minus the auto pay reward. $45-2 =$43.

madhi19

@darlicious wrote:

@madhi19 wrote:

@Korth wrote:

You can buy them online directly from your PM Self-Serve... although the only forms of accepted payment are credit card, Visa bank card, or other payment vouchers... and if you've already got credit card then you might as well claim the ($2 per month) AutoPay Reward for it.

You can buy PM payment vouchers in BC at Shoppers Drug Mart, Walmart, Canadian Tire, and a variety of cellphone boutiques or gas stations. Maybe also places like Money Mart. If you have native status then you can avoid paying tax when purchasing from a vendor on reservation land. 

I buy mine at Canadian Tire because why not use their stupid play money to absorb the taxes, and it all adds up (to a lot free voucher, sometimes) after shopping for enough stuff. 

FYI Shoppers Drug Mart is Pharmaprix in Quebec. I had good luck getting cards there, and at Walmart. They do offer weird numbers at Walmart lately like a $43 card. I wonder why.

I'm not sure what the tax is in Quebec.. but if the $43 is a upc code for scanning the extra is for taxes generally. Nice to know pharmaprix is shoppers I was wondering what it was called there.

No the tax is on top I knew because that the card I got. They also sell a $18 card. I only seen those cards at walmart. 

Here is a list.  You may need to enter your location to find retailers in your area.

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/payment-voucher

@madhi19 wrote:

@Korth wrote:

You can buy them online directly from your PM Self-Serve... although the only forms of accepted payment are credit card, Visa bank card, or other payment vouchers... and if you've already got credit card then you might as well claim the ($2 per month) AutoPay Reward for it.

You can buy PM payment vouchers in BC at Shoppers Drug Mart, Walmart, Canadian Tire, and a variety of cellphone boutiques or gas stations. Maybe also places like Money Mart. If you have native status then you can avoid paying tax when purchasing from a vendor on reservation land. 

I buy mine at Canadian Tire because why not use their stupid play money to absorb the taxes, and it all adds up (to a lot free voucher, sometimes) after shopping for enough stuff. 

FYI Shoppers Drug Mart is Pharmaprix in Quebec. I had good luck getting cards there, and at Walmart. They do offer weird numbers at Walmart lately like a $43 card. I wonder why.

I'm not sure what the tax is in Quebec.. but if the $43 is a upc code for scanning the extra is for taxes generally. Nice to know pharmaprix is shoppers I was wondering what it was called there.

madhi19

@Korth wrote:

Try ding.com or recharge.com

@Helen67 wrote:

Can I buy one on line

Helen67

Can I buy one on line

Note: it does state it can up to 24 hours to be valid. I tried a couple hours later but the wrong number in and then noticed the 24 hr warning. Tried about 6 hours later and it worked. Also London drugs have scanning vouchers for those who want to activate an account. You could probably load your account in store just not 100% sure how that works.

Canadian Tire for sure just look for the gift card display grab a display brochure and bring it to customer service and they will scan $5, $20 or $40 from payment cards onto a voucher for you. Make sure you enter the 12 digit redemption # onto your account. Not the voucher#. So far I have not located them at my local shoppers drug mart or no frills but I'm keeping my eye out for them now. Btw...you cannot use or receive cdn tire points on them. Although I have read on the community that you can buy them with cdn tire gift cards so you can keep an eye out for gift card promotions. Recently at shoppers drug mart they offered: buy $300 in cdn tire gift cards receive a free $25 gift card. That saves 8%.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Dragon09 wrote:

How about Pharmaprix in Montreal? 

Not listed on this reference.

Dragon09

How about Pharmaprix in Montreal? 

sunflowershine
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Shakty Do be careful of where you get the vouchers. As someone mentioned in this community that the PIN is not working.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@sandpublic wrote:

Anywhere they sell gift cards. Also you can use reload.com

That's recharge.com.

If a store sells any gift cards AND they have that little terminal pinpad thingy then they should be able to sell a voucher that they print out of that pinpad.

If a store sells vouchers through their own system, then from a couple I've checked...they don't sell PM. But please do report any successes.

LyndyAntoine

Esso

Pharmacy

IDA

LyndyAntoine

At any local gas station or supermarket chain

Need Help? Let's chat.