cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where can I buy a voucher in person in Montreal? Left in lurch....

brady
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi All,

I am quite angry, so I apologize if my first post might come across as snippy, but I feel PM really messed up here.

All I want is my service back.

I've already lost a day's worth of calls for work through no fault of my own, and have had no way to make an in person payment or buy a voucher.

I pay my bill monthly by buying a voucher at a nearby Esso gas station, or at least I did until they stopped carrying PM vouchers. I found this out today when I went to pay. Since my plan was up today I had no data to find the new payment locations on the PM site.

There was no text notification warning of changes to the payment outlets. I looked back at my PM texts to confirm.

So, I went to work and saw on the PM site that payment outlets are now a small group of unrelated stores, as opposed to the previous nationwide Esso outlets. Quite the downgrade, and much harder to find if you're away from home. A big gas station is easy to spot.

To top it off, the list of current payment outlets is effed up completely. The location on the map doesn't correspond to the address, nor is the name of the business to look for even right! And there is no contact info for the outlets other than the address which may or may not be right. No email, no phone number, nothing.

So, which is right? MAP, business name, or address?

I'd like to keep it cash or interac, not credit card, so Autopay is not really an option.

Can someone please point me to an actual payment location in central Montreal?

7 REPLIES 7

brady

Well, panic over.

Thanks to those who opened my eyes that coupons/vouchers were out there in locations I had not known about, and, honestly, had never looked for.

I had been under the impression that Esso was it, because that's what PM told me when they closed their stores and kiosks. That had worked until this month.

Bought a gift card at Jean Coutu. That did the trick.

The community bailed me out.

PM still has a mangled payment outlet page on their site. No lollipop for them on this one.

imm1304
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Someone_here wrote:

(I just called to make sure they still carry them)

Its so great that you made the call to try and help a fellow PM'er.  

This Shell has them:
2770 Notre-Dame Ouest · (514) 932-6876
(I just called to make sure they still carry them)

@brady

Also Try calling these as well

In the Greater Montreal Area you can purchase payment vouchers at select locations for the following retailers:

Esso

Canadian Tire Gas Bar

Ultramar

Uniprix

** I am not a Mod, please do not include any private info in a private message to me.**

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

In terms of major companies that carry the vouchers, there is Jean Coutu, Couche-Tard, Rexall, Shell to name a few.  I guess the best thing is to call the stores to see if they do carry them.  To make sure that payment is done on time, I would have the vouchers in hand a few days in advance just in case unforseen situations like this arise. 

brady

You mean Pharmaprix? We have no Shoppers here. Which Shell? Which Canadian Tire? It used to be all the Esso stations. And only the Esso stations.

I entered my postal code on the page you linked before I posted. It spewed out mismatched addresses and businesses. That's the whole problem right now!

Thanks.

Samianauman
Mayor / Maire

@brady
You can buy from shoppers and Canadian tire also shell store not all of them sell voucher would suggest google close by these retails and call in advanced to double check also
https://publicmobile.ca/en/on/how-to-pay
Click on this link scroll down and you can search area close by who sell voucher as well
Hope you will find a close by one

** I am not a Mod, please do not include any private info in a private message to me.**
Need Help? Let's chat.