cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where Can I Buy A Payment Voucher In Vancouver BC?

RebeccaRubiH
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi everyone,

I am new to Public Mobile and I need to make an initial payment to activate my service. I cannot pay via credit card because I am new to the country and don't yet have a Canadian credit card. It will not accept my international one.

Does anyone know where I can go to purchase a payment voucher in the Vancouver area?

Thanks in advance!

13 REPLIES 13

AvrilMR

I suppose my point is that even if they technically have the vouchers, if the employees don't know that they exist and won't sell them to you, it's not very helpful. I tried two gas stations, Walmart, two other grocery stores, and Staples (all of whom are listed on Public Mobile as chains that sell vouchers) before going to Shoppers. One person specifically told me that they had stopped offering the vouchers awhile back.

@AvrilMR wrote:

Update as of February 2024: most places seem to have stopped selling Public Mobile vouchers, but I was able to find some by asking the cashier at the Commercial-Broadway Shoppers Drug Mart.

I haven't heard about any widespread changes to the availability of Public Mobile vouchers.  These vouchers are in popular gift card/phone top up provider computer systems.  There really only a few major ones. I would say that it's more likely that the employees at such stores simply don't know that the Public Mobile are available. As to availability of such vouchers, they are sometimes even availiable at independently ran convenience stores.

AvrilMR

Update as of February 2024: most places seem to have stopped selling Public Mobile vouchers, but I was able to find some by asking the cashier at the Commercial-Broadway Shoppers Drug Mart.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Kehra

I also use a Visa gift card for autopay. But I keep the account topped up by other means and still get the reward without it touching the card.

I found that a Vanilla branded Mastercard did not want to work. I got a non-Vanilla branded Visa and didn't bother with any registration and it worked fine.

Kehra

Petro-Can service stations can print out a Public Mobile voucher. It will look like a cash register receipt.

Also, I have success using Perfect Gift pre-paid Visa or Mastercards, found in drug store / gas station / grocery store gift card racks, et cetera.

Then I go to the Perfect Gift site and register the pre-paid card.

Then I register the pre-paid card on the Public Mobile site, so that Public Mobile gives me a $2 credit. When the pre-paid card runs out, then I register a new card on the Public Mobile site.

Hope this helps !!

RebeccaRubiH

Thank you to everyone for providing suggestions. I went to Shoppers Drug Mart on 108 Ave and Shell at 108 &148 in Surrey and both said no. I then went back to WoW Mobile in Guildford Town Center where I originally purchased the SIM card and they finally sold me a printed voucher. Yay!

Wish I'd thought to ask about payment vouchers earlier, but at the time I didn't know there would be a problem with my credit card and the staff member serving me didn't mention anything about them when I bought the SIM. Retailers could definitely do to advertise a bit better if they sell these kinds of products.

So, if you're in the Surrey area, WoW at Guildford Town Center is a definite YES as of the day this was posted. Maybe other WoW Mobile boutiques have them too? Worth a shot if you're stuck like I was!

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@LEGO wrote:

@RebeccaRubiH Call Shell gas stations nearby and ask if they sell payment vouchers for Public Mobile. People have purchased them at Shell locations: one near the 200th freeway exist in Langley and one at 108th & 148th in Surrey.

@LEGO I can confirm this--that was me 🙂  It's been a while though.  The 200th near the freeway in Langley was definitely 2016, and the 108th & 148th in Surrey was either late 2016 or early 2017.  Hard to remember for sure.

@LEGO wrote:

Once you get there, tell them you want to purchase vouchers from a cell carrier named Public Mobile. Also, tell them the vouchers should be under "PBLMBL".
Please note PM vouchers are not physical pre-paid cards. They're electronically generated at the time of your purchase.

Note that at least one of those locations did have some platic cards on the gift card rack, but when I took it up to the cashier, they just punched in the PBL MBL code as noted and printed me a piece of paper, as you say.  You don't actually walk out with the plastic card, they put it back on the rack.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Korth
Mayor / Maire

As mentioned above: Esso, Canadian Tire, 7-Eleven, and Shoppers Drug Mart.  Apparently some Canadian Tire stores don't accept their Canadian Tire "money" as payment for prepaid/gift cards, but my local one (in Chilliwack) does.

Walmart now sells PM SIM cards and plans.  So they probably also sell PM Vouchers.  I've also heard (read) that PM Vouchers can be purchased at some Telus Mobility, Koodo Mobility, and generic wireless stores/kiosks, though I haven't personally confirmed this.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@RebeccaRubiH7-11 stores have them as well.  

just a note if you do call ask them to check their voucher/giftcard terminal machine for public mobile.  you could even ask them to check for koodo or telus prepaid then ask for public mobile.  Many people may not have heard of public mobile so they will say no instead of getting informed.

I remmeber actually going into a store and being told no by one employee then the other overheard the conversation and said yes we do, I know becasue i porcessed one the other day.

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

@RebeccaRubiH You can find vouchers at Shoppers Drug Mart or at Canadian Tire. 

koimr1
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@RebeccaRubiH:

In addition to what the others told you, welcome to both Canada and PM! 🙂

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@RebeccaRubiH wrote:

Hi everyone,

I am new to Public Mobile and I need to make an initial payment to activate my service. I cannot pay via credit card because I am new to the country and don't yet have a Canadian credit card. It will not accept my international one.

Does anyone know where I can go to purchase a payment voucher in the Vancouver area?

Thanks in advance!

I would try a Shoppers DrugMart.  I have seen them in the stores here in Victoria.  You could try Walmarts as well.  I would call first.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

LEGO
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@RebeccaRubiH Call Shell gas stations nearby and ask if they sell payment vouchers for Public Mobile. People have purchased them at Shell locations: one near the 200th freeway exist in Langley and one at 108th & 148th in Surrey.
Once you get there, tell them you want to purchase vouchers from a cell carrier named Public Mobile. Also, tell them the vouchers should be under "PBLMBL".
Please note PM vouchers are not physical pre-paid cards. They're electronically generated at the time of your purchase.

Try 7-Eleven or Shoppers Drug Mart stores.

Need Help? Let's chat.