cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When you make phone calls over your limit, how much Public Mobile charge per minute?

chibuntam
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

11 REPLIES 11

surreyboz
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@RobertQc wrote:

@chibuntam 

This is the beauty of a pre-paid service. There are no overages because you only get what you paid for. Once you run out of data you no longer have data. If you don't have a "long distance" plan (anything outside your province / city / canada wide, canada-us, etc) plan you canno't call long distance. Its a standard warning for everyone. The system also warns you when you get close to running out of data with text messages.

There are never any extra charges ever.

If you need to add extra minutes because you used yours up

Or if you need more data because yours is gone
Or you need to call usa because you don't have canada-us you can do it in self serve or dial 611 to make a payment then add an add-on

Actually this is the Beauty of Public Mobile's Prepaid because not every Prepaid works like Public Mobile 

surreyboz
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@popping wrote:

PM does not have pay-per-use(PPU) similar to Chatr prepaid service.

You need to purchase add-on minutes suggested by other.  Please note the minutes add-on does not expire.  Any unused add-on minutes will be rolled over to next 30 days until they are completely used.  It is very inexpensive way(4 cents/minute) to add minutes when you run out of your plan minutes.

Original Poster wanted to know about Public Mobile, Correct answer was Provided by a bunch of People so I am not sure why you Brought Chatr into it. FYI: Not every prepaid/pay before Providers work like Public Mobile. Chatr has Pay Per use/overages/Accidental charges if you have a Available Prepaid Balance.  Just to give you an example let's say you put $15 in your Chatr Account to cover your Monthly Charges without your knowing that $15 could disappear without you even knowing by going over your plans included minutes or you accidentally called an international or US number or you accidentally sent a text or mms if you have a limited texting option in your Plan.  With Public Mobile none of this BS is Possible and another FYI: Lucky Mobile also has no overages, pay per use or accidental charges like Public Mobile  

@Lieux wrote:

@RobertQc wrote:

@Neo2019 wrote:

当您拨打超出限制的电话时,手机应该无法使用。事实上,即使你的文本和数据超出了你的限制,他们也应该无法使用。因此,您需要经常查看自己的帐户。或者你有一个像去旅行的计划,你应该把你的计划改为高水平。祝好运。

@Neo2019  I trasnlated this to english

Waouah!!!! @RobertQc I didn't know you could speak in chinese!Smiley Wink

Lol @Lieux  https://translate.google.com/

@RobertQc wrote:

@Neo2019 wrote:

当您拨打超出限制的电话时,手机应该无法使用。事实上,即使你的文本和数据超出了你的限制,他们也应该无法使用。因此,您需要经常查看自己的帐户。或者你有一个像去旅行的计划,你应该把你的计划改为高水平。祝好运。

Waouah!!!! @RobertQc I didn't know you could speak in chinese!Smiley Wink

@Neo2019 wrote:

"When you call a phone that exceeds the limit, the phone should not be available. In fact, even if your text and data are beyond your limits, they should not be available. Therefore, you need to check your account frequently. Or you have a plan like going to travel, you should change your plan to a high level. good luck."

Public mobile will send you a text message to let you know when you are getting close to your limit, so checking your account often should not be needed. There are also many apps that let you know you can install on your phone. A desktop widget is also helpful.

Neo2019
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

RobertQc
Mayor / Maire

@chibuntam 

This is the beauty of a pre-paid service. There are no overages because you only get what you paid for. Once you run out of data you no longer have data. If you don't have a "long distance" plan (anything outside your province / city / canada wide, canada-us, etc) plan you canno't call long distance. Its a standard warning for everyone. The system also warns you when you get close to running out of data with text messages.

There are never any extra charges ever.

If you need to add extra minutes because you used yours up

Or if you need more data because yours is gone
Or you need to call usa because you don't have canada-us you can do it in self serve or dial 611 to make a payment then add an add-on

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

PM does not have pay-per-use(PPU) similar to Chatr prepaid service.

You need to purchase add-on minutes suggested by other.  Please note the minutes add-on does not expire.  Any unused add-on minutes will be rolled over to next 30 days until they are completely used.  It is very inexpensive way(4 cents/minute) to add minutes when you run out of your plan minutes.

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

Just to add to the correct answers already provided that if you are on a call and run out of minutes that call will be dropped as well *Unless you have purchased a talk add-on and have available minutes there*

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Dunkgirl
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@chibuntam @geopublic I like both of your empty messages.

@chibuntam  Zero. You can't go over. Pay before. If you run out of minutes you have to buy a talk add-on, 200 or 400 minutes $8 or $15. Public mobile is pre-paid. There is no pay per-minute overage system at public mobile. There is actually no overage system.

mt.png

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

It's prepaid so when your minutes expire you can't make any calls.

Need Help? Let's chat.