cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When does the billing cycle begin?

manolid
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I want to setup my phone to track my data usage and need to know the start date of the billing cycle. Can I safely assume the Payment Due Date on the Overview page is the first day of the new billing cycle?

10 REPLIES 10

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Lieux wrote:

You will need to go in your sela serve acount in plans adds-on and usage history to see if you have used your data or not @Amberrain

@Lieux not quite.

@Amberrain sign into your self-serve account.  On the Overview page (which is the page you end up on after signing in), scroll down to the lower half or so of the page and check your My Data & Add-ons seciton.  If you see your data plan listed there with something like 123 / 512 MB, then you have not used it all and something else is going on.  If you don't see a line item in this area for your plan data at all, then it means you've used it all up.  It's actually quite easy to burn through 500MB of data in 2 days without realizing it if you accidentally forget to turn on your WiFi when you get home and you stream a bunch of Netflix/YouTube etc, or if your phone decided to download a large OS update for you over mobile data instead of Wi-Fi, etc.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

You will need to go in your sela serve acount in plans adds-on and usage history to see if you have used your data or not @Amberrain

Amberrain
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

hello, im looking at my bill . it looks like i have paid my bill jan 28th. but i have no data on feb 1st. im not sure how to tell if ive somehow used all my 500mb of data in 2 days or if it hasnet reset/ when the cycle is based on my bill

Capture.PNG

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@manolid as @PhoneSeeker explained, it's exactly 30 or 90 days (depending on the plan length you chose).  And to confirm the answer to your original question, your new plan cycle starts at or near midnight, eastern time zone, the day after your payment due date.  The payment due date is actually the last day of your current cycle.  AutoPay (if configured) kicks in on that evening, or you must make your manual payment by that evening in order to avoid disruption in service.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

manolid

Oh ok. I see now.

Thanks

PhoneSeeker
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@manolid wrote:

So, If I'm on a 90 day plan and I activated my account on the 24th of this month, my next billing cycle will begin on 24th of January and I'll be billed on the 25th?

Not exactly, Public Mobile is a bit unique. 90 days really means 90 days as opposed to a monthly system where each month has a varying number of days.

For me, I activated my account on Oct. 29, 2017, but my new cycle will start on Jan. 27, 2017 and my payment is due on Jan 26, 2017.

If you're on auto-pay, you should be charged a day before the new cycle (90 days) starts.

manolid

So, If I'm on a 90 day plan and I activated my account on the 24th of this month, my next billing cycle will begin on 24th of January and I'll be billed on the 25th?

@manolid Remember it's a 30 day cycle NOT monthly.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

PhoneSeeker
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

It begins on the on the day you activate your plan. You are correct, the next billing cycle starts on payment due date for the next cycle.

Other carriers have specific billing cycle days, but for Public, the cycle starts the day you join, so everyone has their own billing cycle days.

Need Help? Let's chat.