Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is auto pay

Kasicholette
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I was wondering what auto pay is ?

7 REPLIES 7

@Roderyk wrote:

Auto-pay is when you connect your credit card to your public mobile profile so that it automatically bills you the amount owed on your plan to your credit card.

This is a very old thread (more than a year old) and this answer has already been provided.

Roderyk
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Auto-pay is when you connect your credit card to your public mobile profile so that it automatically bills you the amount owed on your plan to your credit card.

dna2016
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Kasicholette, auto pay is when you have Public Mobile automatically withdraw the required amount directly from your credit card when due (either every 30 days or every 90 days).  So by selecting this you won't have to keep reminding yourself to make the payment on time.  If you don't have auto pay and you miss your payment due date then your service gets suspended.  Highly recommend going on auto pay so you don't have a suspension happen at a crucial moment, and also by setting up auto pay you automatically get a credit off your balance (well worth it, don't know any other company that offers a credit for that).

daredogg
Mayor / Maire

It's a good idea to set up autopay whether or not you intend on having the chosen card charged for renewal. As it's been covered already, you'll get a $2 per 30 days credit for having the service enabled. If you choose to put money on your account manually or instead use payment vouchers, that's totally up to you.

I'm on a 90 day plan, so I pay 1/3 of my total renewal cost each 30 days, and let autopay top me up on the actual renewal date. For 30 day plans, you might as well let autopay do its thing. Robot Happy

Pre-authorized payments work a little differently at Public Mobile than at some other cell phone companies.

For example, when it comes to paying for prepaid cell phone services, both Chatr Wireless and Freedom Mobile will charge your credit card a fixed, preset amount.  If you autopay turned on, Chatr will charge you the the full price of your plan even if you have funds in your account. Freedom will automatically charge whatever autopay amount you have set up, whether it is too much of a payment or too little of a payment to pay for that month's prepaid plan services.  At Public Mobile, the billing system compares what is owed and what is already in the account to charge on the amount that is needed.

Acekiller
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

$2 per 30 days

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@Kasicholette wrote:

I was wondering what auto pay is ?

Autopay is when you register a credit card or Visa Debit to make payments on when they are due automatically.  You receive a $2 per 30 days discount for setting up this feature.  You don't have to use it though to get teh reward.  You can set it up and still add payment vouchers and still receive the autopay discount

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Need Help? Let's chat.