cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is a voucher?

Mana
Mayor / Maire

Hello,

I keep seeing people mentioning vouchers or payment vouchers here. 

Just wanted to know:

- what are vouchers?

- what different kinds are there?

- where to buy them in gta?

- how to use them?

- is there a charge or fee for buying them?

thank you

19 REPLIES 19

HI @wertydaja 

not sure what you meant by cash advance fees

the voucher itself has no fess. you pay on the spot with cash or credit card

let say you have a $40 plan, you buy a $40 voucher, the store charges you $40+tax.  You load the $40 voucher and will see a $40 available fund.  PM will use that  $40 available funds to renew

@wertydaja wrote:

Hey so is there a cash advance fee?

Buying a voucher for Public Mobile isn't considered a cash advance by credit card companies. It's classified as the purchase of a product.

wertydaja
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hey so is there a cash advance fee?

HI @wertydaja 

voucher is just like gift cards, you pay on the spot, you can pay by credit card or cash 🙂

wertydaja

Do credit cards charge a cash advance fee for buying vouchers like gift cards?

Patricia1955

SD08
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Vickel wrote:

Not sure if mentioned already but tax is barged when you buy the vouchers

Just to clarify this a bit, federal and provincial tax is charged whether you pay by credit card or voucher.  Vouchers, however, will often have a small service charge added by the retailer, in addition to the federal/provincial taxes.

Vickel
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle
Depending on your credit card you might have a better rewards when buying them from a particular retailer
I have one that gives me 4% back from gas stations.
Plus you still get the autopay reward of you have a credit card registered with PM.
Not sure if mentioned already but tax is barged when you buy the vouchers

SD08

It's mainly for those who don't have or don't want to use a credit card for payment.

Also, sometimes credit cards are rejected by PM's payment system, either because of a glitch, or you're funding more than two accounts with the same card.

Mana
Mayor / Maire

Thanks, I'll keep my eyes open next time. 

What are the benefits of using a voucher instead of a credit card?

@SD08 wrote:

@NDesai

I was about to link to my own photo set but you beat me to it.  lol  Smiley Tongue

It was a pretty easy search since i remember it very well. 

Mana
Mayor / Maire

@NDesai Thank you. 

I have never seen that before or at least never noticed.  

SD08

@NDesai

I was about to link to my own photo set but you beat me to it.  lol  Smiley Tongue

wrote:

Thank you everyone. 

Where would I find it in a store? Is it where all gift cards are located? Does it look like a gift card or pre-paid credit card?

Not sure what they look like at small stores or gas stations. You can just go at the counter and ask. Here is the post by SD08 showing what it looks like at the Canadian Tire store: http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Paying-for-your-service/Public-Mobile-vouchers-now-ava...

SD08

@Mana wrote:

Thank you everyone. 

Where would I find it in a store? Is it where all gift cards are located? Does it look like a gift card or pre-paid credit card?

@Mana

Because they are not regular gift cards, in most stores they will be available by request at the cashier's counter or customer service desk.

Mana
Mayor / Maire

Thank you everyone. 

srlawren

@Mana I think @NDesai and @SD08 have explained this well, but if you have any further questions or concerns please let us know.  Otherwise please consider marking one of their responses as solution to your question.  🙂

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

SD08

There are two types of PM vouchers.

A real-time voucher loads the value immediately onto your account at the store, and the value can be any amount you'd like.
A regular voucher gives you a code that you can use later to top-up your account when you want, and these will be in set denominations up to $100.

When checking for retailers on the PM site, if the type of voucher matters to you, it's best to contact the retailer as to what type they actually carry, as that list may be somewhat out of date. For example, I've discovered that some Canadian Tire Gas Bars actually sell regular vouchers even though they are listed as "real time voucher stores."

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

Vouchers are prepaid balance to use in your self-serve account. When you buy it, you get the 12 digit pin to redeem in your self-serve account or by dialing 611.

You can buy them in various amount such as $50 or $100. Some location offer real time vouchers that can be in any amount you want and can be loaded directly on your account. 

- Where to find them? http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Paying-for-your-service/Where-can-I-buy-payment-vouche...

- How to use them? http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Paying-for-your-service/How-do-I-make-a-payment-with-a...

- Yes, some stores charge fees and some don't. 

Need Help? Let's chat.