Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Oracle

Re: What is AutoPay?

🤑

Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

you give public mobile the right to charge every month and becouse of that public mobile give 2 doller discount what you suppose to pay each month

Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@hinamirza

Merchants don't have to pay the customer a surcharge to obtain permission to accept the customer's preferred method of payment.

Services like this offer "Live Caller ID!  We will now show you more than just the caller's phone number; you will know who they are, where they live, and how they look, even before you answer the call."  This legally requires "consent" to collect (and sell) private information, your credit card number and email and social media profile photos and whatever other data they can gather, correlate, package, and sell.  Each user is clearly worth at least $2/month in side revenues for Telus.

Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I had the same issue ,today it charged amount from my bank and when I login to account asked me to activate the account,it was suspended.so I did payment again.i had to make a call ! So I do need an solution and payment back

Mayor / Maire

@Rehat wrote:

I had the same issue ,today it charged amount from my bank and when I login to account asked me to activate the account,it was suspended.so I did payment again.i had to make a call ! So I do need an solution and payment back

@Rehat typically there's no refunding with Public Mobile, and any excess funds will sit in an Available Funds balance [more on that can be found here].

However, you could still reach out the moderator team to ask if they can do anything for you.  Please see all the details you will need to do so, here:

Spoiler
How can you get help with your account, activation, or service?In your message please include:
  • PM Phone Number, 4 digit PIN, Account email address, Detailed explanation of your issue
Don't know your pin?--provide any 3 of the following:
  • Complete mailing address, Email address, Alternate phone number, Date of birth, Last top up date & amount
How long until they reply?:
  • Office Hours: Mon-Friday 9am to 9pm, and Saturday & Sunday from 9am to 7:30pm [Toronto Time].
  • Messages are replied to during office hours, in the order in which they are received
  • Typical response time is between 1-3 hours, depending on message queue, but can be up to 48 hours.
  • There is no need to send multiple messages.
How can I view my private messages between myself and a Community Moderator?

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I signed up for Auto pay and my credit card information is attached. However, they "suspended" my account because I didn't make a payment. Not sure why that is. 

Hi nasatona,

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

In order to better assist you, please send us a Private Message.

I am waiting for your answer.

Cheers

Abdoulaye

Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@Korth wrote:

Public Mobile is strictly prepaid; you don't (and can't) get any service until you've paid everything up front.  And you have to bring your own unlocked phone; you can't buy or finance or contract one from Public Mobile.

So I don't understand exactly why Public Mobile is interested in obtaining credit card information.  Interested enough to offer an attractive discount.

They require the Credit Card so they can (auto pay) auto deduct the monthly renewal fee.

@Rockdaddy22 wrote:
That's why I say PM is kinda like a hybrid of the prepaid world. I wouldn't be surprised to see them transition to a post paid company in the next few years. IMHO
Also, I think they just want to make sure payment is made without any disruption in service.

They require the Credit Card so they can (auto pay) auto deduct the monthly renewal fee and you would not have to do it yourself.

They require the Credit Card so they can (auto pay) auto deduct the monthly renewal fee and you won't have to remember to do it in time. Pluss they reduce your fees by $2/month.