cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mayor / Maire

Re: What is AutoPay?

Got a text message from 611 at 12:13 pm Toronto time.... finally completed the process of renewal.

All successful.  Did not manually pay, just 'let it fly'.

This used to end around 2 AM on the day after renewal.  That's 10 hours different from what was normal when I signed up.

Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

This is true, If I manually pay autopay never takes more 

Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

wrote:
Buy vouchers at CanadianTire gas bar, using gift cards you can get for %10 off from time to time.

It took over a year, but I finally saved up enough Canadian Tire "money" to get "free" phone service for a full billing cycle, haha.  I suppose this can actually be a "cheaper" way to go than AutoPay if you spend a lot at Canadian Tire.

Oracle

I love it 🤑 Great job @Korth

Walmart now sells PM SIMs/Vouchers, and they (or their MasterCard) do have some sort of points or rewards system ... might be better PM "savings" than Canadian Tire.  At least for people like me who do far too much shopping at Walmart (and not enough at Canadian Tire), lol.

Oracle

Unfortunately Walmart has one of the worst Mastercards out there. Using Canadiantire gift cards is the best, if it’s possible for you. Periodically Canadiantire gift cards go on sale for %10 off, can’t beat that. 

I don't happen to have a Walmart card (or a MasterCard).

I agree, it's not the best credit card deal for me, that's why I use another.

But I suppose it's a good option for some people.  Although AutoPay discounts are probably better.

Oracle

Wait a minute @Korth I think we have some confusion. You can still get the autopay pay reward while using vouchers. You just need to have a valid credit card on file and autopay turned on. I’ve been doing it for awhile. 

You can still get the autopay pay reward while using vouchers. You just need to have a valid credit card on file and autopay turned on. I’ve been doing it for awhile. 

That totally makes perfect sense!

I just kept thinking of AutoPay as a "fire and forget" thing that keeps shifting the PM bill onto a credit card.

But of course it'll only tap your credit card when available account balance isn't enough to renew the plan.

I guess I'll set AutoPay up, $24/year is worth five minutes of my time ... and I'll start saving up more Canadian Tire "money" to pay for another PM billing cycle, haha.