cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What happens to surplus account fund if I miss a payment

smdannie
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Let's say I have $20 credit in my account and I'm on the $35 plan/month. What happens to the $20 if I miss the $15 payment for the full amount. Would the $20 credit stay in the account until I pay the rest or would it go down to $0?

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2

ColdWinters
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I believe once the account is suspended you would need to pay the full amount to have it re-instated if I understand correctly.  Then the $20 would be applied to the next payment.  Best advice is to set-up the autopay so you don't have to worry about it.

SD08
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@smdannie wrote:

Let's say I have $20 credit in my account and I'm on the $35 plan/month. What happens to the $20 if I miss the $15 payment for the full amount. Would the $20 credit stay in the account until I pay the rest or would it go down to $0?

Thanks

@smdannie

Assuming you don't have autopay on, your account would go into suspension mode. The $20 credit would stay in your account until you top up the difference, or 90 days have passed since expiry of your plan (at which point your account would be deleted and all funds lost along with your phone number).  As soon as you top up the difference, the account will come out of suspension and renew service on the last plan you had.

Need Help? Let's chat.