cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What happens if I don't have enough funds to cover my plan?

markevee
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

So I have no funds and no autopay, but i have a 400 minute add on. What will happen if If i dont have enough funds to cover my plan, will I still get to use up my 400 minute add on, or will that just be taken away

13 REPLIES 13

opendoor
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi. If you don't have enough funds your service will be terminated. Resume your service before 90 days before your serve

markevee

@Anonymous wrote:

Can't do it or not how the service works - up against what you would like the service to do are very different things.

Some of those things you mention are just simply not on offer here.

The data over 90 days is your misunderstanding.

No you can't have multiple numbers under one account.

You can change your service cycle by suspending your service and then renewing it again on the day you want. It'll still float around a little due to it being a 30/90 day cycle.

I don't remember seeing posts from you about calls not working but surely they should be able to point you in the right direction.

No you can't transfer rewards to other accounts.

We hear people reporting great help from the mods. We hear similar reports to what you're saying. Maybe it depends on the problem. I think their communications of what they're doing and why it's taking so long are apparently sorely lacking. If they have to escalate to whoever else then let the customer know the progress rather than nothing.

Yeah I Agree, I private messaged them about the phone calls not working, they said sometimes it can take up to 24 hours, but it still didn't work until I renewed my plan. I feel like my requests were reasonable, and telus offers all those services so i know public mobile (same owners) has the means to empower there mods, but they seem to be restricted on what they can do. As a customer i just don't care, the competition will do it for me. Bell actually gave me unlimited text and calls for $10 a month for the next year. The first bill ended up being $65 dolars though, and ive had problems with bell before, i'm skeptical but ill give it a try. They billed me $10 for the sim card, $35 for the activation and $20 for the first and last months.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Can't do it or not how the service works - up against what you would like the service to do are very different things.

Some of those things you mention are just simply not on offer here.

The data over 90 days is your misunderstanding.

No you can't have multiple numbers under one account.

You can change your service cycle by suspending your service and then renewing it again on the day you want. It'll still float around a little due to it being a 30/90 day cycle.

I don't remember seeing posts from you about calls not working but surely they should be able to point you in the right direction.

No you can't transfer rewards to other accounts.

We hear people reporting great help from the mods. We hear similar reports to what you're saying. Maybe it depends on the problem. I think their communications of what they're doing and why it's taking so long are apparently sorely lacking. If they have to escalate to whoever else then let the customer know the progress rather than nothing.

Jessica_T
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@markevee  You need an active account to use the add-ons. If your account is suspended the add-on will be unusable till you re-active. After 90 days of being inactive you will lose your account including the addon

markevee

I think I remember you from a previous discussion of wording. Something about data over 90 days.

Did you ever communicate with one of the moderators to see about a resolution for your misunderstanding around that?

Yeah, I talked to a moderator, about so many things, and to tell you the truth they were no help at all.

The data over 90 days was just one of them, i talked to them about adding multiple people under one account, about changing my service cycle about how my calls were not working, and about transfering loyalty discounts to other acounts.

They were no help whats so ever. I honestly think that public moblic mobile doesn't allow them to help customers in a meaningful way. I feel bad for them. I was able to suspend and renew my plan to fix some issues, but most of them are still not fixed. That is why im inquiring about this because I'm leaving due to there lack of service. Looks like im just going to have to cut my losses on the 400 minutes.

Thanks for trying to help though.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@markevee wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@markevee wrote:

So I have no funds and no autopay, but i have a 400 minute add on. What will happen if If i dont have enough funds to cover my plan, will I still get to use up my 400 minute add on, or will that just be taken away

It's a renewal of the privilege of using the service. If you don't renew a plan then it stops working.

If it's a cash flow issue then the service will be in suspension not working for 90 days. THEN it completely deactivates and is gone gone. But you can renew it before 90 days is up.

so if i renew it before the 90 days is up will my 400 minute add on return, or will i lose that if a suspension occurs.

It would suspend along with the service. Upon renewing the service, your add-ons would carry on. They don't just drop off the account.

I have less than 100% certainty of that. The currently active Oracle might be able to provide 100% certainty.

@markevee It should remain on your account until the account is deactivated, you just can't use it until you renew the plan.

markevee

@Anonymous wrote:

@markevee wrote:

It's a renewal of the privilege of using the service. If you don't renew a plan then it stops working.

If it's a cash flow issue then the service will be in suspension not working for 90 days. THEN it completely deactivates and is gone gone. But you can renew it before 90 days is up.

so if i renew it before the 90 days is up will my 400 minute add on return, or will i lose that if a suspension occurs.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@markevee wrote:

Alright, so you are saying I have to pay for a plan whether i use it or not, and i can just buy the minutes.

On there home page public mobile says, 

"Because you shouldn’t be charged for frills you didn’t want in the first place"

I get what they mean, but i just need minutes and im being charged for other things technically. 

I think this statement should be removed. 

The plan IS the minutes. Yes you need a base plan. Calling or texting is using the plan. Your "frill" is the 400 minute add-on. A base plan starts at 50 minutes total (Edit: I forgot about the new 100 minute plan) and then other plans immediately go to unlimited province-wide and then Canada-wide and then Canada/US.

I think I remember you from a previous discussion of wording. Something about data over 90 days.

Did you ever communicate with one of the moderators to see about a resolution for your misunderstanding around that?

markevee

alright thank you verry much

@markevee wrote:

Alright, so you are saying I have to pay for a plan whether i use it or not, and i can just buy the minutes.

"Because you shouldn’t be charged for frills you didn’t want in the first place"

I get what they mean, but i just need minutes and im being charged for other things technically. 

There are no pay-per-use charges at Public Mobile.  You must have an active plan to use the service or to use any add-ons.

markevee

Alright, so you are saying I have to pay for a plan whether i use it or not, and i can't just buy the minutes. I mean i paid for those minute, aren't they mine to use up whether or not renew my plan. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@markevee wrote:

Need Help? Let's chat.