cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What do I do when Public Mobile double charges me?

kk_kate
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I use my credit card and opened ONE phone number. But for some reason, my credit card balance keeps showing double charge (starting from February 2020 continues every month). It is clear that the amount I'm AutoPaying is over what my plan offers. I had contacted Customer service many times and other numbers they're telling me to contact, but there's still no solution. Due to the COVID-19 situation, I wasn't able to get any other help. I want my money back and get this double change situation fix. What should I do?

9 REPLIES 9
Moved:

Barbie2
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@kk_kate 

Maybe your card has been compromised during the process and someone else was able to get your credit card info? 

The moderators should be able to fix this for you. 

Enjoy your day! ❤

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

If you want to make it faster you will have to do some investigating first.

Compare your credit card bill to your account payments.

If you login to your selfserve, beside the 'make payment' you will see 'payment history'

Expand it for 90 days

Compare it to thirty credit card statements.

Mark down any payments on cc that don't show up in your history (if any) and note down their transaction id (you may have to call fishnet service for this)

Next see if there are any payments on your history that are not justified and note them down too (if any)

Contact moderators to dispute those two groups of charges

If you are having hard time submitting the ticket with Simon this morning you can track moderators directly here

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437 

@kk_kate if you don't see the double charge on your self service account payment history, then you have 2 accounts currently attached to the credit card. Stay safe.  

@kk_kate 

Once you submit a service request for moderator assistance (they will likely contact you in the morning) call your credit card company and ask for both of the transaction/merchant reference numbers associated to the charges on your credit card for each month you have had the double charges. This info will help the moderators trace the extra charges.

Did you activate in store or online? Did you have any issues during activation? Are the credit card charges occurring on the same day?

Be sure to keep an eye on the envelope icon next to your avatar at the top right corner of your screen for a little number to pop up indicating a message from the moderators. Responding promptly to messages will speed up service times.

yanzhiqiang
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

There is no custermer service number you can reach Public Mobile,only way you can get help is to contact moderator. clicking the ?mark at bottom right and follow instructions,your problem will be solved.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@kk_kate  Access selfserve and check your payment history for the period in question. If you don't see the double charges then something else is going on. Maybe best to talk to your credit card company and ask them to issue you a new card.

Maryjoe
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi,

For the double charges please talk to the Moderator team.They will fix it right away.Go to the community and type Moderator they will help you with this.

Hope it helps you.

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

Well customer service has no phone numbers to speak to support so not sure where you called.

It is all done online via moderators. Two ways to reach them.

1- 

Simon.JPG

 .2- via private message at link below

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Need Help? Let's chat.