cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

What credit card category is autopay in?

@Shazia_K

This question is for those who have credit card rewards program for recurring bills (Tangerine CC for me), where you get double cash back on various categories, like recurring bills.

With Koodo, the monthly payments would be under recurring bills, the first Public Mobile charge was not (makes sense, its not a recurring payment off the bat), but with Auto-Pay, does this categorize under recurring bills?

Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Re: What credit card category is autopay in?

I'm almost certain that others have asked the same question, and the answer was that Tangerine didn't consider it a recurring payment.

Edit: here's the link

http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Discussions/Additional-Rewards-question-with-credit-ca...

Eug

@arkw wrote:

@Shazia_K

This question is for those who have credit card rewards program for recurring bills (Tangerine CC for me), where you get double cash back on various categories, like recurring bills.

With Koodo, the monthly payments would be under recurring bills, the first Public Mobile charge was not (makes sense, its not a recurring payment off the bat), but with Auto-Pay, does this categorize under recurring bills?

According to the Tangerine thread at RedFlagDeals.com, Public Mobile Autopay does NOT get categorized under recurring bills. I don't know the category it's in though.

Thanks!

Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@arkw please dont tag mods for general questions, they are only for issues in the background that us common folk dont know. 

You only get double cash back on recurring payments for the first three months any way, so unless you're on monthly, or sign up for a 90 day plan on the day that you get your Tangerine CC, by the time the second autopay came out you'd no longer be getting double cash back any way Smiley Happy

Eug

@WearySky wrote:

You only get double cash back on recurring payments for the first three months any way, so unless you're on monthly, or sign up for a 90 day plan on the day that you get your Tangerine CC, by the time the second autopay came out you'd no longer be getting double cash back any way Smiley Happy

? You get 2% on your chosen categories for the Tangerine MC. The regular rate is 1%. For the first three months you get 4% on those chosen categories.

So, if you have lots of recurring payments, it makes sense to use Tangerine's recurrent payment category, as you get double the normal (or quadruple in the first 3 months).

Unfortunately, Public Mobile isn't categorized that way. Does anyone know what MC category it fits in?

nd
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I believe it falls in the 1% category (no category):

Hopefully Tangerine reclassifies PM as a Recurring Bill Payment vendor as I know they do that for Wind. Perhaps if enough people ask Tangerine this might happen?

@Eug wrote:

@WearySky wrote:

? You get 2% on your chosen categories for the Tangerine MC. The regular rate is 1%. For the first three months you get 4% on those chosen categories.

So, if you have lots of recurring payments, it makes sense to use Tangerine's recurrent payment category, as you get double the normal (or quadruple in the first 3 months).

My bad, I was thinking about the "double the double" promo that you get when you first sign up.  I forgot that it's still double cashback for those three categories all the rest of the time as well.

Highlighted
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@nd

AFAIK it's Mastercard that does the classification, not Tangerine, no?