cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What a joke

Cpzirk
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I was double charged on my CC after publics website took a **bleep** while on the payment page. Trying to contact someone has been a NIGHTMARE, instructions are OUTDATES, or dont work. Cant seem to actually MESSAGE a mod. Im so friggin done. public mobile has been a headache since I switched. This **bleep** is supposed to be easy. Website loads INCREDIBLY slow (im on Gb fiber internet) and is organised about as well as a 3yr olds play room. 

53 REPLIES 53

Cpzirk

Whats this mtfolks? MORE PEOPLE HAVING ISSUES with PMs support model? Ill be damned. I thought it was a great support model, and I was one of few prove to have issues. But go ahead, and keep on getting those discounts by being a **bleep** to people

To the end, my issue was never really resolved. Changed carriers, and couldn't be happier. 

mtfolks
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@mtfolkswrote:

Meh. I’d suggest rereading this thread. A number of people stepped up to try to assist you and your response was to just crap on the service model PM is based on. A model that you were (or should have been) aware of when you signed up. Then you continued to be belligerent and conbative for 4 pages of posts. 

As I said from my first post, the PM model is not for everyone and it sounds like you’d be better off and much happier with another provider.  Those of us that are happy will stick around and continue to try to help those that come here with problems because we do enjoy the setup and saving money. 

Best wishes and good luck in the future.

Because apparently it bears repeating, see above. 

Complaining about a budget company built around forum support not having email/phone support and calling those that try to help paid shills is hardly productive or conducive to getting help for your problems. 

“And in the end the love you take is equal to the love you make” or,

”Treat others as you would like to be treated” or,

”We reap what we sow”. 

Take your pick from the above. Whichever you choose I’ll be leaving this thread at that.

Glad to hear you got your issue resolved. 

irritated

@darylwrote:

@irritatedwrote:

Thank you Daryl.

Btw, I still don't have a resolution.

PM won't refund money, they won't give me a sim or working line, they won't answer on time, but they will constantly say we'll find a resolution we're here to help.....been over a month and I'm waiting. 

One moderator answers then day later someone else answers....and they have no clue of the previous conversation...and its like they answer the ticket to meet quota then put it back in the line.  Not to mention alot of them contradict each other and I'm stuck losing in every way.

Now looking into legal action.  This is ridiculous and unfair.

As for the other gentle man saying you don't see many posts like this situation....well maybe ppl don't write them, or they can afford to donate money to Public Mobile.

The problem I had a month ago that caused me to find this thread was met with advice about fixing things on my end, and a series of "try this try that" kinds of things from a moderator.  I contacted my bank whose logs demonstrated very clearly that the problem was entirely with PM, not how I was typing my address, or my browser, or anything at the bank.  Even armed with this information, it took some time, and to get it resolved they did something I did not request (register my credit card rather than just process one transaction).  This all feels to me like a system not really yet ready for release.  Low cost (for PM) is the best hypothesis I can imagine.

That I was eventually able to get it working through a moderator does seem to indicate that they can get to the bottom of things eventually, but a month is certainly unreasonable for what is basically just a commodity.  Good luck to you, and please let us know if it does get resolved and what eventually "did it" for you.  Also let us know if you wind up going the legal route, and how that works out.

Thank you for your support.  I agree PM self serve has potential but its definitely not ready. Especially with kiosk giving different information and then public mobile denying any association with them.

Our situation was also a one time payment of a deposit and a sim.

One nice moderator also attempted to set up a new plan and new # and new sim....but its been 2 weeks and no new sim.  1 mod said takes 7 days, another mod said they sent it Feb 9.....I couldn't believe he wrote that especially the nice mod that set up the new account didn't do so until Feb 16.  I don't want to accuse anyone of lying, but I don't know what to think anymore.    Not sure why they keep toying with me then keep telling me that a resolution will be found as if I shouldn't be frustrated.

Then recently I was offered to put in a refund request....not a real one ofcourse, it was just another dangled carrot.  Ofcourse I'm more upset now.  Just like that I have a few other examples of this fake help behaviour and the more they do it, the more I document this unfair treatment.

I cannot believe it's been a month, without any kind of solution at all or a manager interception.  Then they think I'm just going to accept their abuse and go away.

I've been following their protocols, and still getting screwed....its ridiculous.

irritated

@mtfolkswrote:

Responding to a post from a month ago to say I’m being paid to belittle customers might be my favourite thing I’ve ever seen on this forum. Classic. Worth the price of admission. 😂

I apologize if my asking you to treat others with respect felt like a personal attack. However, isn’t it time to just move on? Might be better for your health, too. 

Glad you amuse yourself.  You still ignored the timeless point he was making as you focused on the time of the original post, as you did the first time...and found a need to belittle that too.  Am I to assume that's your example of being treating others with respect?  Or maybe the scarcastic apology?  I guess you needed to justify to yourself because daryl was right.

Maybe better for health, but its about principle...because you don't know how many other ppl this is happening to.   Or atleast if the business practice and understand and make improvements for future.  I know the purpose of me being here....not sure about you, so move right on, with all due respect ( not a personal attack).

Thanks for your input and resolution.

daryl

@irritatedwrote:

Thank you Daryl.

PM won't refund money, they won't give me a sim or working line, they won't answer on time, but they will constantly say we'll find a resolution we're here to help.....been over a month and I'm waiting. 

One moderator answers then day later someone else answers....and they have no clue of the previous conversation...and its like they answer the ticket to meet quota then put it back in the line.  Not to mention alot of them contradict each other and I'm stuck losing in every way.

As for the other gentle man saying you don't see many posts like this situation....well maybe ppl don't write them, or they can afford to donate money to Public Mobile.

The problem I had a month ago that caused me to find this thread was met with advice about fixing things on my end, and a series of "try this try that" kinds of things from a moderator.  I contacted my bank whose logs demonstrated very clearly that the problem was entirely with PM, not how I was typing my address, or my browser, or anything at the bank.  Even armed with this information, it took some time, and to get it resolved they did something I did not request (register my credit card rather than just process one transaction).  This all feels to me like a system not really yet ready for release.  Low cost (for PM) is the best hypothesis I can imagine.

That I was eventually able to get it working through a moderator does seem to indicate that they can get to the bottom of things eventually, but a month is certainly unreasonable for what is basically just a commodity.  Good luck to you, and please let us know if it does get resolved and what eventually "did it" for you.  Also let us know if you wind up going the legal route, and how that works out.

daryl

@mtfolkswrote:

Responding to a post from a month ago to say I’m being paid to belittle customers might be my favourite thing I’ve ever seen on this forum. Classic. Worth the price of admission. 😂

I apologize if my asking you to treat others with respect felt like a personal attack. However, isn’t it time to just move on? Might be better for your health, too. 

Pointing out the age of the post then hyperbolically expressing how funny you found it -- again attacking the complainer not addressing the complaint.  Is this useful in a support forum?

Spare us the rote "I apologize" and tell us what possible value you are adding with your "advice".  So far you have only said that frustrated customers should go away instead of complaining, and adopted a more-adult-than-you pose we can all go to Twitter for if we need an emetic.

It's ironic that your response to my characterisation of your words as belittlement is for you to do more of it.  I can only presume that in your enthusiasm to give this response you missed the fact that you did not ask me to treat others with respect, but someone else.  Perhaps you find that any criticism feels like an attack on you.  There's not much anyone can do about that, I suppose, but your own reactions are kind of confirming what is wrong with this support model.

It might be a fine support model for minor issues and how-to types of questions, but when someone is dealing with problems that genuinely need higher level engagement, it is a very poor model.  So far you have said nothing that makes this seem less true.

mtfolks

irritated

Thank you Daryl.

daryl

Oh, a self-serve model could be for everyone, if it were a reasonable model, which PM's is not.  A reasonable model is not hard to do, so there's really no excuse for not having one.

Do ourselves a "favour" and switch after having invested time and money into PM, rather than tell PM that its model stinks?  That's the kind of answer one expects from a surplus junk popup store, not a reputable telecom.

It's so easy to point out that some people are not polite, or that they "rage" as you put it, to switch the topic and avoid admitting that they have a point.  Especially when you are effectively being paid to type comments belittling customers like that from a keyboard.

mtfolks

I think the fact that we generally don’t see threads like this and the vast majority are civil and result in satisfactory resolution says it all.

Is the self serve model for everyone? Definitely not. But if it isn’t, do yourself and everyone else a favour and switch to a provider that better meets your needs. Problem solved. 

Or just rage out and tell all the people that are happy and have little to no issues (which appears to be the majority) we’re idiots and shills. Either way, I’ll still be sitting over here contently saving $1500/year on the four lines I’ve set up. 

irritated

and it can take hours if not more to get a response, and then if that doesn't solve, or you have more questions, the cycle starts again....It's been over a week now with around 15 emails, a couple different mods and I'm still without a phone, time, and compensation.  It's irresponsible.  As you mentioned 20 mins phone would suffice, instead of ours of agony. Yes the "friends" in the community offer support, and I appreciate their efforts but even that isn't immediate.  My dad needed the phone last week very badly, to take mom back and forth to hospital because I could not.  He ended up using my phone.  We couldn't communicate with each other.  What's the point for the service then?

And there's strictly no option for a partial refund if you want out.....atleast give me a Tax Receipt for my Donation.    I also have rogers, yea they over charge, but alteast they serve.  Both steal money.

daryl

wrote:

@irritated.  Just a couple of things, and I'm not trying to flame the fires...

1. No one in the community is a paid emplyee of Public mobile, except for the moderators.

2. Live is great, but the first thing you see on Public Mobile's home page is "The phone company without a phone number" 

False equivalency.  "Without a phone number" does not mean "customer service will be unreasonably difficult to get".  A simple online support request form, like any good ticket system, available from one's normal account login not a special separate "community" account, would be reasonable.  PM's model is far from reasonable, and one doesn't find that out until one needs support.

There are "rewards" for being community contributors, aren't there?  "Shill" can be just another word for "employee", in some senses.  Why else would anyone defend PM's obviously deficient customer support model?  On principle?  Out of the goodness of their community spirit?  That's risible.

daryl

Indeed, this "trap" we paid for.

The customer service model that someone tried to say we "should" have been aware of takes actually having a PM account to really engage.  And a lot of time.  It seems designed to deny customer service more than provide it, by making it inaccessible without an unreasonable amount of effort.  In fact I would call it deliberately and unnecessarily complex.  Who thinks "tag a moderator" is even a reasonable instruction as to how to get customer support?  If you raised your hand, slap yourself.  Even the word "tag" is meaningless.  It's a Twitter-esque term, but in other, more common contexts it's just a way to make an article or other item easier to find.  It certainly does not mean "hail" or "contact".

A support forum is actually a good idea but certain things -- the important things like payments and activation -- make no sense in one.  A simple email link or online form accessible from one's PM account, NOT a separate "community" account, would be easy to implement, and is used by all kinds of providers without phone numbers.

Looking into the CRTC regs is a good idea.  I hope you follow up and let us know what you find.  Surely actively avoiding having to provide customer service would not be encouraged, and making customer service so hard to get is basically equivalent to that.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@irritated.  I agree that the guy at the kiosk was mis-informed, poorly trained, etc., etc.  And most definitely, PM is, in most cases, not the best option for a 70 YO.  That includes my aging parents. 

irritated

Thanks for the info.  I don't want to fuel either.

1.  Possible, but I don't %100 believe it.  However, yes there are good people in the world.

2.  The kiosk person sold to my dad.  Was told to call in if any issues 611. Was told it was a deposit for post paid, hence didn't take preauthorized payment and no credit card on file.

I see the website, but that wasn't the information sold.  Otherwise which 70 year old man do you know off would go for a completely online and non live service? 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@irritated.  Just a couple of things, and I'm not trying to flame the fires...

1. No one in the community is a paid emplyee of Public mobile, except for the moderators.

2. Live is great, but the first thing you see on Public Mobile's home page is "The phone company without a phone number" 

irritated

Exactly the frustration I was talking about.  The account log in hoops, the private message hoops, the community, the simon thing...and no solution.

Virtual is ok but LIVE is still essential.  That's real care not meh whenever we get a chance to email back bull**bleep**.   Atleast a live chat or set up a time and date for back and forth emails.

Instead of broken communication of delayed responses.  Causing more angst and losing service and money and peace of mind, its disrespectful.

The community seems nice and a good concept, But I'm sure some of them are paid employees.  Anyways, I'm looking at the CRTC rules of what we can do about it being in this trap that we paid for.

mtfolks

Meh. I’d suggest rereading this thread. A number of people stepped up to try to assist you and your response was to just crap on the service model PM is based on. A model that you were (or should have been) aware of when you signed up. Then you continued to be belligerent and conbative for 4 pages of posts. 

As I said from my first post, the PM model is not for everyone and it sounds like you’d be better off and much happier with another provider.  Those of us that are happy will stick around and continue to try to help those that come here with problems because we do enjoy the setup and saving money. 

Best wishes and good luck in the future.

Cpzirk

My qos issues are mainly in my residence.. Service is a bit better with pm but not worth this hassle, the passive aggressive bs perpetuated by half of this community (which is honestly just as toxic as my crap attitude) or the value i ge tFor What i pay. 

mtfolks

wrote:

Freedom mobiles qos sucks. .that's why i switched

So you *weren’t* paying half as much for the *same* service then? 

I couldn’t be less surprised... 😜

Wonder_why

wrote:

Hi @Cpzirk

If you can't be respectful towards other members and moderators who are simply trying to help, you'll be banned from the Community. We already warned you once, and won't warn you a third time. 

We're truly here to help you dear. A little politeness goes a long way 🙂 

Marie

@MarieHelene_L please press RED the button Cat Happy

Wonder_why

wrote:

wrote: I'm also paying twice what i was paying with my Last provider for the same service, so decent tech support should be a given. 

but I do have a bridge for sale in Florida if you are interested

@ShawnC13 LMAO can I used the bridge couple times before you sell the bridge ? Cat Happy  Thanks in advance ShawnC13 Heart you

Cpzirk

Freedom mobiles qos sucks. .that's why i switched

wrote: I'm also paying twice what i was paying with my Last provider for the same service, so decent tech support should be a given. 

I have a question why would you change to pay twice what you were with a previous provider?? This to me makes no sense but I do have a bridge for sale in Florida if you are interested

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

@MarieHelene_L thanks for looking into it and handling the situation professionally. 

mtfolks

Okay, so you COULD care less if you were to get banned. So you do care more now. Thanks for the clarification. 😂

Both are accurate and grammatically correct statements. It’s just that one often gets used incorrectly when the person actually meant the other. 

www.businessinsider.com/phrases-people-use-wrong-2017-3

@Cpzirk, your use of all caps multiple times in your posts are disturbing, you constant lack of proper spelling and grammar are distracting, and your constant lack of respect for everyone, whether you mean it or not, is not welcome.

Please tone down your anger, and be polite, and respectful.  All members here try to help where we can, and the moderators are fantastic at doing their jobs.

If you truly are going to leave Public Mobile, please ensure you port your number out prior to your plan expiring, as your service must be active to do so.

Cpzirk

However note that if you would've kindly and calmly explained the situation and requested a refund to the mod who was trying to help you, we probably would've been willing to try and send a refund request for you regardless. 

My outrage expressed here, is NOT directed at any person in particular, however is DIRECTED AT PM itself. In my MESSAGE(s) TO THE MODERATORS I HAD calmly explained to them the situation. My OUTRAGE STARTED when using PMS ABYSMAL MESSAGE BOARDS to try and initiate contact WITH A MOD. I explain this in several of my replies. But you (mods) sit here and send me condescending replies instead of actually trying to figure out what would make a customer so irrate. YET AGAIN, DEMONSTRATING the USELESSNESS of a system like this to get assistance. 

Cpzirk

wrote:

*Couldn’t. It’s couldn’t care less. ☺️

Dictionary

I (or he, she, etc.) couldn't (or also could) care less
phrase of care

1. 1.
    informal
    used to express complete indifference.
    "he couldn't care less about football"

mtfolks