cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What Is A Payment Voucher?

krazykatlady
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi

I had to change my method of payment, mastercard froze my account because I am still waiting for a replacement, have no idea how long I have to wait.  I keep seeing payment voucher, what is that? never heard of that before? where do I get it?

Thanks

6 REPLIES 6

@krazykatlady 

Leave your MasterCard registered for autopay until you get your new card. You will still collect the $2 autopay reward regardless of how you pay for your services.

Public Mobile vouchers are readily available at many retail locations. Vouchers from 7/11, Shell Stations, SDM and London Drugs (where they qualify for the LD Extras program) are all immediately valid and loadable onto your account.

You will get a pm voucher with a 12 digit pin # and the amount printed on it ($10 to $100) and a reciept showing the voucher amount + tax (ie. $10+12% tax $1.20=$11.20 in bc).

The easiest way to load the voucher onto your account is by dialing 611 from your phone. Once connected press (1) then (1) again and enter the 12 digit pin #. 611 will verbally confirm you have added the voucher successfully. It will follow up with a SMS text from 611 confirming you have successfully added funds to your account.

If your services are suspended for non payment it will automatically reactivate your service. Reboot your phone if necessary.

You can also make RTP ( Real Time Payments) at Mobil stations and Canadian Tire Gas Bars for a $1 fee and the attendant adds the payment by punching in your phone number and providing a reciept for your payment.

Online payments as previously mentioned can be made at recharge.com and ding.com for a fee.

More info contributed by community members with real examples of vouchers can be found here...

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Paying-for-your-service/Voucher-Catalogue/m-p/479165#...

Here is an example of a pm voucher from SDM.

Screenshot_20210114-212705~2.png

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Payment voucher PINs are 12-digit numeric codes located on the receipt. The location of the PIN varies depending on where you purchase your voucher; however, you will typically find it on the top or the bottom of your receipt. Payment vouchers are sold at all of our retail partner locations where you can activate a SIM.

You can find a retailer using this link.

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/store-locator

t_p
Mayor / Maire

@krazykatlady wrote:

Hi

I had to change my method of payment, mastercard froze my account because I am still waiting for a replacement, have no idea how long I have to wait.  I keep seeing payment voucher, what is that? never heard of that before? where do I get it?

Thanks

If you read a bit through all the threads about vouchers on the forum, you'll see some vouchers are active right away (ex. Canadian Tire), others may take a few hours.

Edit: Examples of vouchers:

Voucher Catalogue - Community (publicmobile.ca)

LeePublic
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@krazykatlady Payment vouchers are available wherever you shop for groceries, gas, convenience stores, etc. They are typically available in $20 and $40 values. You will get a piece of paper that looks similar to a receipt, DON'T throw that away. You can go to your Public Mobile account online and enter the code.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@krazykatlady 

Pay for your services through *611,

Pay for your services in retail

Retail FAQs (publicmobile.ca)

Accepted payments for activation

plus Set up AutoPay and you will receive a $2 credit every 30 days. save money and safe and secure 100%.

The Autopay Reward..

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@krazykatlady wrote:

Hi

Thanks

They're payment vouchers available at alot of convenience stores...or Shell Gas stations. You buy them then add them to your account by dialing 611.

On-line vouchers like ding.com or recharge.com are a bit more $$ but they'll email you your payment code.

Added...https://www.recharge.com/en/canada/public-mobile-top-up

Need Help? Let's chat.