cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Website won't allow me to pay

MadisonRobinson
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello,

If anyone can offer some tips to help with this. That would be amazing, I'm super frustrated today, been messaging back and forth with a very unhelpful moderator and I'm hoping someone who has gone through this can help.

My account was suspended for no reason today before they even attempted to withdraw the funds from my card. I called my credit card company, there is absolutely no issues, there's plenty of funds and no fraud or anything like that.

So I contacted a moderator. He says their financial department flagged my card and won't use it unless I send him my credit card number, cvs number, my name, personal info, everything. Now this makes me super uncomfortable, especially with all the fraud going around now that everyone is spending so much time online. Employees should not be asking for that much personal info anyways. Credit card numbers are hidden, by law, from employees as it is a privacy issue. It's even more uncomfortable when his English is very bad and he says things like "there isn't no call center" or "You are write that you should have been announce prior the payment". 

Now, I don't have any other cards as I've never needed them and I'm not going to sign up for a new credit card just because public mobile has an issue in their financial department. The moderator also offered that I can buy vouchers from a https://bit.ly link that I don't feel comfortable clicking on. Or that I can go out and buy them, though he understands that is difficult with the Covid19 issue right now. 

I need my cell for work in eight hours and no one is responding to my ticket anymore. Does anyone have any way I can enter my credit card that will bypass their automated checker? Does anyone have a safe website or instructions to get to the place to purchase this voucher through public mobile?

Sorry for being long winded but I hope you understand my frustration.

31 REPLIES 31

databaseadmin
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Also having this issue

brettster99
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@MadisonRobinson 

Glad the issue was resolved for you. And I am sorry you didn't have a good experience with the first moderator. 

MadisonRobinson

Hey Everyone,

I got a new moderator who was very understanding and only requested minimal information, advising that they could pull the rest from their systems. They will try to have my card info reset over the next few days so I can resume auto-pay. Though, as advised by the wonderful community on here, I will probably start logging in to pay ahead of time to avoid this autopay glitch from happening in the future.

Thanks Everyone!

MadisonRobinson

Hey,

Thanks all, just an update. I was able to purchase some public mobile gift cards from a shoppers drug mart. Applied those to my account with no issues and got it reactivated. However, it still won't allow me to re-add my card info. I will re-try in a few days and try clearing my cache and all that. 

The moderators haven't gotten back to me so I opened another ticket. If they respond I will let you all know what they say. 

@MadisonRobinson if companies can mask it over the phone by dialling digits. they should also have some sort of verification application they can send you too,that'll mask your credit card info.

@MadisonRobinson wrote:

Hey,

I haven't moved recently. My address is still the same. I have opened a new ticket, hopefully I will get a more professional moderator, whom I might feel more comfortable giving some of that information to. Though they still should not be asking for certain things as it is a legal privacy issue.

I will ask the moderator when they respond tomorrow and reply here. 

For now, I'm a bit done with this whole thing and heading to bed. Hopefully, I don't get in trouble at work tomorrow as having a working cell is mandatory. Worst case, I'll sign up with Freedom tomorrow, any reviews on them?

Thanks,

@MadisonRobinson  I agree with you shouldn't have to give out credit card info to any moderator. Public Mobile should make the necessary changes or reset any security locks to allow you to enter your credit card info via your selfserve account.

@MadisonRobinson because this is an online chat, if you are worried, you can always take screenshots or pictures of the conversation you are having with the moderator (customer rep). just to give you some piece of mind. 

MadisonRobinson

It's funny you should mention Bell. I was with them a few years back, I called in to sign up and gave an employee my credit card info. About a week later, my card was cancelled for fraud as someone in Quebec had gone on an IPad shopping spree with my credit card. My card company was great, they reversed the charges and sent me a new card. However, I use this card for all my Auto-Pays. So it was very irritating being without it for over a week. I reported it to Bell and they basically said I couldn't prove anything and there was nothing more to look into. 

So I hope you understand my hesitation. This is why I like working with websites where the numbers are masked to employees.

@Makailarae the only solutions are to talk to a customer rep and give your information so they can help you or buy vouchers..

I suggest you make a ticket and speak to SIMon by tapping on the ? icon on the bottom right. SIMon will give you suggested fixes and gather the correct information needed to create a ticket in the proper category. Pick the correct categories that suits your issues and then click "submit ticket/click me" to start a private message to the moderators.

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/contact-a-moderator

Moderators are available from Monday to Friday from 9AM to 9PM EST and from Saturday and Sunday from 9AM to 7PM PM EST

Makailarae

I am having this same exact issue!! Please let me know if you find a solution!

@MadisonRobinson do not go to Freedom, worste service ever. Personally, I would wait until tomorrow, this is such a strange circumstance. 

Grass might seem greener on the other side but you will end up paying much more. Cheapest providers are Lucky or chatr comparatively to Public. 

@MadisonRobinson  if you are really looking, I would go with Telus, Koodo, Nell, Virgin or Lucky. Over Freedom. Better coverage and your phone will definitely work with these companies. My dad's with Freedom in Toronto. As long as you stay in a major metropolitan area you are okay with Freedom. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@MadisonRobinson 

Hmm. I have used recharge without incident on a couple occasions. Paypal with them too.

doctorsim is new to me. The other two: ding and xoom (and doctorsim) are the immediate top ups to your number kind...not a voucher like recharge. I prefer the voucher method.

Maybe make sure you're using an unmolested browser.

MadisonRobinson

Hey,

I haven't moved recently. My address is still the same. I have opened a new ticket, hopefully I will get a more professional moderator, whom I might feel more comfortable giving some of that information to. Though they still should not be asking for certain things as it is a legal privacy issue.

I will ask the moderator when they respond tomorrow and reply here. 

For now, I'm a bit done with this whole thing and heading to bed. Hopefully, I don't get in trouble at work tomorrow as having a working cell is mandatory. Worst case, I'll sign up with Freedom tomorrow, any reviews on them?

Thanks,

@MadisonRobinson  Did you try Xoom they are a PayPal company.

MadisonRobinson

Hey,

Thanks, I tried recharge and after I entered my Paypal info it sent me to a "Whoops this page doesn't exist" page. So back in my discomfort zone, I'm thinking I will go change my Paypal password now.

The stores list that are near me are all already closed and won't be open until after my job start time tomorrow but I think I have no choice but to wait until then.

@MadisonRobinson did you recently move and forget to update the credit card address with PM?  You said that the expiry date didn't change.  Normally when a system flags a card. It's fraud or those 2 reasons.

The moderators can entrusted with the information required. Could you please ask them, what changed in the system between the last cycle and this one to make it flag the card. And report it here. Thanks.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@MadisonRobinson  When trying to reactivate you plan by making a one-time payment with your credit card on file do not use the automatic owing option try entering the amount manually by using the custom amount option.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

[Shoppers was the place to go this time for vouchers ........ Luddite]

@MadisonRobinson 

vouchers.png

1. Xoom
    2. Recharge
    3. Ding

Hope this helps!

Naepalm
Mayor / Maire

@MadisonRobinson 

bitly is a verifiable company that helps companies to track their clicks on links. So many people have issues though with bitly because it just looks shady. As fat as.moderators are concerned it wouldnt be any different then you contacting BELL and giving your card info over the phone. Now if someone in the commjnity, even an oracle asked for that info then you should run. A moderator is an employee of Public Mobile. Inknow it might seem different but that is what they are here for. 

hope that cleared up some of your issues and insecurities. 

@MadisonRobinson wrote:

Hello,

Thanks for your reply.

For this one, I can't find the public mobile voucher.

https://www.doctorsim.com/ca-en/

On this one, it says the public moblie vouchers are sold out.

https://canadiancellsupplies.com/

Not the cheapest option, but it will work.  

https://www.recharge.com/en/canada/public-mobile-top-up

@gblackma wrote:

@MadisonRobinson try deleting your credit card and re-adding it. Go into your self service account here

Make a patment.pngWhen entering your debit/ credit card information:
1. Enter the credit card address exactly as it appears on your statement ( capitalize all if necessary ).
2. Leave the apartment field blank, if applicable enter your apt in the street address field ie xxx - street address.
3. Enter your postal code without spaces ( if there is a space on the credit card statement then enter the first 5 digits only with the space).

According to the OP, the card has been blocked.  That is the problem.  It has nothing to do with not knowing how to add the card to the account.  System blocks on credit cards can only be removed by moderator team intervention.  

@MadisonRobinson Try recharge.com or zoom.com. For a fee you can buy the voucher here and add it using 611 or from within your self service account using the one time payment option. Leave the credit card on file to get the $2 discount. See link on using 611 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Self-Serve/611-IVR-Menu-System/m-p/289352/highlight/t...

@MadisonRobinson for doctor sim click on top up and type your phone number in and it will bring you to your carrier(public mobile) if it doesn't, choose your provider from the drop down menu. it will then bring you for top up options

MadisonRobinson

Hello,

Thanks for your reply.

For this one, I can't find the public mobile voucher.

https://www.doctorsim.com/ca-en/

On this one, it says the public moblie vouchers are sold out.

https://canadiancellsupplies.com/

@MadisonRobinson try deleting your credit card and re-adding it. Go into your self service account here

Make a patment.pngWhen entering your debit/ credit card information:
1. Enter the credit card address exactly as it appears on your statement ( capitalize all if necessary ).
2. Leave the apartment field blank, if applicable enter your apt in the street address field ie xxx - street address.
3. Enter your postal code without spaces ( if there is a space on the credit card statement then enter the first 5 digits only with the space).

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@MadisonRobinson , first thing that needs to be made clear is that the moderator team are employed by Public Mobile.  You need to trust them with accessing your account including attempting to unblock your credit card from use in the account.  If you will not allow them to do their job, you will be stuck in a standoff where no one wins.  There are times where multiple failed attempts to draw funds from a credit card will cause the system to lock out the card.  Human intervention is needed to remove the block.  Please trust the moderators, give them what they need so they can help you.  

Here is an example of another customer who recently went through the same problem and had the same concerns.  At the end of the day, trust was the barrier to solution.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Paying-for-your-service/Giving-Moderators-detailed-cr...

MadisonRobinson

Hey, 

Thanks for replaying, I can log into self serve, every time I try to re-enter my card info or just make a single payment I get this error message:

Unable to Process Transaction
Sorry, we are unable to verify your credit card information, so this purchase could not be completed. Your credit card has not been charged.

And this is the same credit card they have been using since I signed up with them over a year ago. There's no issues with it and it is not expired. 

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@MadisonRobinson is today your cycle renewal date and are your services working properly? Thanks. If they are ignore the suspended notice. The normal PM renewal process is expired, then suspended, payment comes out at 2am est (on the self service account date) then the plan resets for the next 30 day cycle at 6am est. Once your phone is working properly ignore it. Just check for you 611 payment thankyou text message tomorrow.
Renewal process screenshots https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Paying-for-your-service/If-I-have-a-credit-35-00-does...

If your services aren't working properly then you may reactivate a suspended account online or by calling 611.
Via your account online
1. If you have already registered, or will first register, a credit card, go to step 2. OR deposit a voucher for at least your plan cost and go to step 3.
2. Go to the payment tab, select single payment and  amount due.
3. Select the reactivate account button.
4. Restart your phone.
or Using 611 to make your payment
1. press 1 to make payment
2. press 2 credit card ( or 1 voucher)
3. press 1 amount due.
4. Restart your phone.

If tjis doesn't work, come back for more help.  I'm curious how did you contact the moderators.  Thanks. Stay safe. 

iliketotalk
Mayor / Maire

@MadisonRobinson Hello I can understand your trepidation with giving your information to the moderator but they are just trying to do their job can you get into your self serve account? Is it possible that you just recently received a new credit card if so you have to update it in your self serve after you do that if that is the issue you should be able to reactivate your account with your reactivate button good luck

Need Help? Let's chat.