cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Was there a problem with AutoPay this past week?

JoeCanadian
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I just realized my AutoPay failed around Mar 22 (Sunday) and my account is now suspended.  Was there a problem?  Also, should I make a manual payment to reactivate or will this get fixed on its own? 

21 REPLIES 21

@kimmycooper    If you've topped up what's required to renew your plan and you see the funds sitting in your account balance, then all you should need to is to click that Reactivate option.  It might take a couple of tries/hours to push those funds through. 

Make sure you're using incognito/privacy mode and have cleared your browser cookies/cache too.

kimmycooper

I did that and it took payment but says i need to reactivate  then wants another payment ?

@kimmycooper wrote:

My credit debit card was cancelled because i lost it so i just put in new card so how long does it take to take $ from the bank and turn my phone back on

@kimmycooper   You'll need to make a manual payment for the cost of your plan from your registered Debit/CC and click the Reactivate button if the account is currently suspended because of lack of payment.

kimmycooper

My credit debit card was cancelled because i lost it so i just put in new card so how long does it take to take $ from the bank and turn my phone back on

@JoyLuck  Thought I'd seen that info somewhere before.... thanks! 👍 

@blue1 wrote:

Were is the reactivate button??????

I was looking for that yesterday too, but couldn't find it..... could've sworn I'd seen it before, though. Someone else will probably chime in, but I suspect it doesn't show up unless your account has been suspended.

blue1
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Were is the reactivate button??????

@JoeCanadian wrote:

I used the REACTIVATE BUTTON and that is where I saw it was using the incorrect card number.  That screen allowed me to MANAGE CARDs where I could replace the card with a new one.  

Once the new card data was entered and accepted, I went back to the REACTIVE screen, and paid the amount owning.  The account sprang to life almost immediately.

Now the AutoPay will use my new card number going forward.  It was a very easy process.

Thanks for posting that - although I've seens TONS of posts from people advising how to do it, I don't believe I've seen any, where someone has detailed what they did, and how quickly their service was restored. 👍

Also, just be aware, that although autopay SHOULD be ok from now on, it won't NECESSARILY be - I saw one thread on here, in which the person complaining that autopay didn't work, had been with PM for 4yrs. and autopay hadn't failed in all that time.... until it did.

JoeCanadian

I used the REACTIVATE BUTTON and that is where I saw it was using the incorrect card number.  That screen allowed me to MANAGE CARDs where I could replace the card with a new one.  

Once the new card data was entered and accepted, I went back to the REACTIVE screen, and paid the amount owning.  The account sprang to life almost immediately.

Now the AutoPay will use my new card number going forward.  It was a very easy process.

kimmycooper

Did you change your credit/debit card ? if so put in new info 

@JoeCanadian wrote:

oh man - it was my fault.  Credit card number changed.  My bad.

Yeah, autopay failure is fairly common, as is forgetting to swap credit card info.....

@JoeCanadian wrote:

Log into My Account, click the Payment tab. Scroll down to Manage my card. There you can delete old card info and add new card info. Then you can manually make your payment and Reactivate your account.

@JoeCanadian, lol. classic. Learn something new didn't you! hehe

JoeCanadian

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@JoeCanadian wrote:

I just realized my AutoPay failed around Mar 22 (Sunday) and my account is now suspended.  Was there a problem?  Also, should I make a manual payment to reactivate or will this get fixed on its own? 

@JoeCanadian  There have been many reports of Auto Pay failing this week. Unfortunately after this happens manual intervention is required by the customer to get their account going  again.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Alan_K @Tiana_V 

There were failed renewal issue with autopay for the past few days. 

Please provide update.  Thanks

@JoeCanadian  is there a reactivate account button?  Then you may reactivate a suspended account online or by calling 611.
Via your account online
1. If you have already registered, or will first register, a credit card, go to step 2. OR deposit a voucher for at least your plan cost and go to step 3.
2. Go to the payment tab, select single payment and  amount due.
3. Select the reactivate account button.
4. Restart your phone.
or can also use 611 to make your payment( once you know your 4 digit pin):
1. press 1 to make payment
2. press 2 credit card ( or 1 voucher)
3. press 1 amount due.
4. Restart your phone.

Let us know if it works. Thanks

Staliger
Mayor / Maire

@JoeCanadian Sometimes Autopay fails unfortunately. That's why it is recommended to pay manually even with enabled Autopay to prevent any suspension issues....

JoeCanadian

Thanks - i will do that ShawnC13.  I've been with PM for a while and this is the first something like this has happened.

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@JoeCanadian wrote:

I didn't hear of any widespread problem.  If your phone is still deactivated I would go in and make a payment and reactivate your account. 

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Need Help? Let's chat.