cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wanted to change my phone plan, today is my payment due date I was already charged.

Koal
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Good afternoon everyone, 

I appreciate if someone can help me here. I had signed up for a 90 day plan, with automatic payment as a new customer on December 19th,2017. Today I was automatically charged for my second 90 day cycle, however I wanted to change my plan and add "Canada Wide and unlimited US calling" to my plan with the same data features and automatic payment set up. I am currently just under a Canada wide plan with 9GB of data for 90 days at $165.00 before tax coming to $171 with the automatic payment discounts. So a payment prompt showed up stating I would have to top up my account, because this new plan is $180 before taxes ($203 for 90 days of service). Alright, no problem. So I assumed the payment prompt would just balance out the additional difference on to my account and charge me the extra $15+ dollars adding taxes showing me the adjustment. Instead it shows the full $203 amount to charge me, but Public Mobile has already processed the $165 payment on to my credit card when I look at my online banking it shows a "pending" payment of $171 after taxes. I dont want to wait another three months to switch to a new plan in the middle of June. There is really no explanation given on their methods of switching to a different phone plan on this website, I wish they had a little footnote for this, it would be practical information. If I had known it was wiser to request a plan change before the deadline rather than on the new cycle day I would have done that well in advance,or at least yesterday when I knew I was adamaent of a plan change. There has to be some intellectual mechanism in payment service to just charge me the balance no???? I am afraid to go ahead with the new payment today, because I dont want to be charged $171 + $203 that would be an over payment. Alternatively, then I would have to wait another 3 months to get the US calling feature. Please help?

Koal

7 REPLIES 7

Koal

That's is very good to know, so there is some wiggle room to play with add-ons and get your money's worth. Thanks.

Koal

Yes, I figured after the issue that was the case, and they affirmed it for me. I will keep it mind, the fay before the cycle change, not the day on the renewal.

Thanks for ther advice. 

Koal

Problem solved. The mod was able to manually add the extra balance to my bill, and update my plan. Smiley Very Happy

Thanks for your advice.

For this plan change to have been processed properly in self-serve without additional charges, it would have had to have been requested at least yesterday or before.  This is because the billing system essentially cancels out any current plan on your account when you change your plan and have it set to take effect immediately.  For future, I would say that you should normally always check off the box that stay to make the change effective only at the next renewal time.

To get this done without waiting another 90 days, or without losing your current plan payment, you'll need a moderator's help (instructions were provided earlier in this thread).

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

@Koal Assume you have tried the $15 400 minute long distance add-on and discovered paying for the new plan is cheaper? Remember add-ons do not expire until completely used.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

Koal

Thank you for responding. I just sent them a private message, following your instructions. Hopefully they can help. I'm going to hold tight, and wait to hear back from them. I will post an update. 

Koal

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

hi I would  make a manual payment for the difference then ask the mods to manually chnage your plan to the one you want. being only one day in they should make teh change without any issues. you can ask them before making the payment as well

you can contact the mods via instrustions below

How can you get help with your account, activation, or service?

In your message please include:

• PM Phone Number, 4 digit PIN, Account email address, Detailed explanation of your issue

Don't know your pin?--provide any 3 of the following:

• Complete mailing address, Email address, Alternate phone number, Date of birth, Last top up date & amount

How long until they reply?:

• Office Hours: Mon-Fri 9am to 9pm, and Sat-Sun 9am to 7:30pm [Totonto Time].
  • Messages are replied to during business hours and in the order they are received
  • Typical response time is between 1-3 hours, depending on message queue, but can be up to 48 hours.
  • There is no need to send multiple messages.

Additional Useful Information:

• Search PM-GUIDE (remove "-" during the search) to find some informative posts and answers to many common questions about Public Mobile

Need Help? Let's chat.