cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Want to stop or make my account freeze for one cycle

Arvindman
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi,

I am registered for auto pay, how can i stop or freeze my account for this month only?

22 REPLIES 22

@Anonymous 

It was suspended on March 27th but I can tell you from the numerous times I have suspended the bf's account that the deactivation date never changes. It's always 90 days from the end of the paid 30 day term.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@darlicious : Was that self-suspended on about that last day? Or any number of days before? Same 2 day spread (similar time spans for both) from when suspended and when it would deactivate though as with my non-payment suspension. So maybe the information someone told me long ago was not entirely correct. Wha'd'ya know an imperfect Oracle. 🙂

@Anonymous 

Here is an account that has been suspended via lost/stolen.....

Screenshot_20210503-213958.png

Anonymous
Not applicable

@darlicious : Unless you prove it out before mid-June, I'll be suspending my data account that has a balance and re-awakening my dormant account then. I'll see what the date says on the data account.

@Anonymous 

I don't think you need to.....paid is paid whether you are using your services or not or for whatever reason. 90 days starts the moment you have not paid for service.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@darlicious : I'll say that I haven't tested it to verify. It was something told to me early in my "career" here by an Oracle. I should prove it out. But that would require reversing my "dormant" with "data" again like I did last Dec.

@Anonymous 

Why would it be when you self suspend unless that coincides with your renewal? The 90 day term starts and the end of your last paid term.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@HALIMACS : That's non-payment. I would be about certain it's the same as self-suspended. Maybe after the paid term. Not sure.

@Anonymous wrote:

@HALIMACS wrote:

@Anonymous :   Makes sense the 90-day clock would begin on the date the lost/stolen is set - i wonder if there's a 'clock' or 'reminder' date set in self-serve to display as a reminder for the user when in this status or must one note it themselves and 'hope' they got the date correct? 

suspendedstatus.jpg

Neat.   So the above is what the self-serve landing page displays when one sets the Lost/Stolen function?   Or is that only when an account expires due to non-payment on renewal?

Good to know - thanks @Anonymous  !!!

Anonymous
Not applicable

@HALIMACS wrote:

@Anonymous :   Makes sense the 90-day clock would begin on the date the lost/stolen is set - i wonder if there's a 'clock' or 'reminder' date set in self-serve to display as a reminder for the user when in this status or must one note it themselves and 'hope' they got the date correct? 

suspendedstatus.jpg

@HALIMACS 

Its definetly not the same system which is also why the non application of rewards glitch is only related to using lost/stolen. Using this feature disconnects your sim card from your pm services or the "mothership" and can reprovision the sim card when it "reattaches" to the pm service basically restarting your account which is why it can be an effective troubleshooting tool for certain issues.

Perhaps when the system was first designed the lost/stolen feature was only thought to be used for that specific function so retaining access to voicemail would allow the user to possibly recover their phone or maintain some service which had been paid for when access to all the other services was inaccessible. It only allows the default call forwarding settings to work. All attempts at changing those settings led to dead service and no voicemail at all when suspension via lost/stolen was enabled.

@Anonymous wrote:

@HALIMACS : iirc self-suspending starts the 90 day clock regardless of the end of the paid term. But I became unsure of that the last time I suspended my "data" account for 3 months. But nor was I specifically watching for that. Or simply that the days were close. I wasn't keeping that close of track.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@HALIMACS : iirc self-suspending starts the 90 day clock regardless of the end of the paid term. But I became unsure of that the last time I suspended my "data" account for 3 months. But nor was I specifically watching for that. Or simply that the days were close. I wasn't keeping that close of track.

@Anonymous 

Its a pretty handy "free" service to have when suspending an account. There is one account I manage that gets suspended on a regular basis but maintaining voicemail access is vital to recieve verification codes ( via phone call/vm message) or other important messages. Otherwise it would have to remain with active service all of the time if I hadn't discovered this unknown benefit.

Raises an interesting point, @Anonymous  & @darlicious 

Is it correct to presume that suspension for non-payment on a renewal is then NOT THE SAME back-end mechanism as using the Lost/Stolen function?

I might have thought both puts the account in the same/similar 'status' (as far as PM is concerned) however, if one allows continuation of voice mail yet the other may not, perhaps that's not the case...

Thoughts?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@darlicious : Thank you. That's rather surprising. Suspension for lack of payment doesn't let you add a voicemail. I'll play with that in mid-June if I remember.

@Anonymous 

No....you have full access to all of your voicemail features. Although I haven't explored much in there but you can listen to, delete, save messages and continue to recieve messages for the entire 89 days of suspension. I haven't tried changing the greeting etc....but I don't see any reason why you wouldn't be able to access all the features contained within.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@darlicious : So you've written this a few times now. Could I ask for some clarity? I'm thinking that you actually mean that you can listen to the voicemails that are already there. But I don't think new voicemails can be added. Am I right in saying that?

@Arvindman 

Keep in mind you would have to pay and reactivate your account on the 89th day as your account gets deactivated on the 90th day. Always better to consider reactivating around day 85 in case you run into issues accessing your account or payment method.

If you choose to suspend your account via lost/stolen you will retain your access to voicemail by calling from another phone number and pressing * when your greeting starts and then entering your voicemail pin#. However you will have to contact the moderators after paying in full and reactivating to have them apply any rewards on the account manually.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@Arvindman 

If you elect to use the Lost/Stolen function to effectively suspend your service (& whereas you indicate you are on auto-pay and thus receive a $2/cycle credit on each renewal), it is possible that when you remove the Lost/Stolen status a month from now, that your following renewal date may not credit the auto-pay reward.

If that happens, the Moderators will re-apply the missing auto-pay reward after the fact by requesting same of them.

It is a small, but annoying, glitch that using the Lost/Stolen function sometimes causes.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Arvindman wrote:

Hi,

I am registered for auto pay, how can i stop or freeze my account for this month only?

Hi @Arvindman , you cannot stop for just the month of May.

Public Mobile plans are 30 days (not monthly)...or 90 days for older grandfathered plans.

So you must follow either the two options explained by @Anonymous BEFORE your next renewal date if you did not want to pay for the next cycle.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Arvindman : If you don't a sufficient balance in Available Funds then you could remove the payment card and let it suspend for lack of payment. If you do have a balance then you would need to use the Lost/Stolen function to self-suspend.

You can leave it suspended for up to 90 days and reactivate without losing anything.

Need Help? Let's chat.