cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Arvindman
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Want to stop or make my account freeze for one cycle

Hi,

I am registered for auto pay, how can i stop or freeze my account for this month only?

z10user4
Mayor / Maire

Re: Want to stop or make my account freeze for one cycle

@Arvindman : If you don't a sufficient balance in Available Funds then you could remove the payment card and let it suspend for lack of payment. If you do have a balance then you would need to use the Lost/Stolen function to self-suspend.

You can leave it suspended for up to 90 days and reactivate without losing anything.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Arvindman wrote:

Hi,

I am registered for auto pay, how can i stop or freeze my account for this month only?

Hi @Arvindman , you cannot stop for just the month of May.

Public Mobile plans are 30 days (not monthly)...or 90 days for older grandfathered plans.

So you must follow either the two options explained by @z10user4 BEFORE your next renewal date if you did not want to pay for the next cycle.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@Arvindman 

If you elect to use the Lost/Stolen function to effectively suspend your service (& whereas you indicate you are on auto-pay and thus receive a $2/cycle credit on each renewal), it is possible that when you remove the Lost/Stolen status a month from now, that your following renewal date may not credit the auto-pay reward.

If that happens, the Moderators will re-apply the missing auto-pay reward after the fact by requesting same of them.

It is a small, but annoying, glitch that using the Lost/Stolen function sometimes causes.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Arvindman 

Keep in mind you would have to pay and reactivate your account on the 89th day as your account gets deactivated on the 90th day. Always better to consider reactivating around day 85 in case you run into issues accessing your account or payment method.

If you choose to suspend your account via lost/stolen you will retain your access to voicemail by calling from another phone number and pressing * when your greeting starts and then entering your voicemail pin#. However you will have to contact the moderators after paying in full and reactivating to have them apply any rewards on the account manually.

z10user4
Mayor / Maire

@darlicious : So you've written this a few times now. Could I ask for some clarity? I'm thinking that you actually mean that you can listen to the voicemails that are already there. But I don't think new voicemails can be added. Am I right in saying that?

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@z10user4 

No....you have full access to all of your voicemail features. Although I haven't explored much in there but you can listen to, delete, save messages and continue to recieve messages for the entire 89 days of suspension. I haven't tried changing the greeting etc....but I don't see any reason why you wouldn't be able to access all the features contained within.

z10user4
Mayor / Maire

@darlicious : Thank you. That's rather surprising. Suspension for lack of payment doesn't let you add a voicemail. I'll play with that in mid-June if I remember.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

Raises an interesting point, @z10user4  & @darlicious 

Is it correct to presume that suspension for non-payment on a renewal is then NOT THE SAME back-end mechanism as using the Lost/Stolen function?

I might have thought both puts the account in the same/similar 'status' (as far as PM is concerned) however, if one allows continuation of voice mail yet the other may not, perhaps that's not the case...

Thoughts?

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@z10user4 

Its a pretty handy "free" service to have when suspending an account. There is one account I manage that gets suspended on a regular basis but maintaining voicemail access is vital to recieve verification codes ( via phone call/vm message) or other important messages. Otherwise it would have to remain with active service all of the time if I hadn't discovered this unknown benefit.

Need Help? Let's chat.