cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Want to delete account -PM pulled funds anyway

wowzers
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I was looking for how to delete my account and PM pulled my funds anyway from autopay today only for me to find out that was the way the accounts are canecelled around here. You mean to tell me that there's no formal way to cancel accounts? I would like the plan cancelled and my money returned please.

6 REPLIES 6

@wowzers wrote:

I have privately messaged mods about this and recieved no response. Again, I was not informed that the only way to cancel an account was to remove my autopay! That is not standard for closing any accounts so its not a reasonable assumption that it would apply here.

As been pointed out letting it expire or porting out is the way to close an account and this applies to all prepaid service I have ever dealt with, not just here. If you were to cancel it you would end up losing your number! 

@
There isn't actually a reason to cancel the service.  As for you being charged again, that's how preauthorized payments work.  The only way i can see you receiving a refund would be if, for some reason, you had already removed your credit card and you still ended up being charged.

wowzers
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I have privately messaged mods about this and recieved no response. Again, I was not informed that the only way to cancel an account was to remove my autopay! That is not standard for closing any accounts so its not a reasonable assumption that it would apply here.

@Moderator_Team

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@wowzers wrote:

I was looking for how to delete my account and PM pulled my funds anyway from autopay today only for me to find out that was the way the accounts are canecelled around here. You mean to tell me that there's no formal way to cancel accounts? I would like the plan cancelled and my money returned please.

As already stated removing autopay and letting your account go into suspension is an option another way that will close your account is if you port your number to another provider. 

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@wowzers, the way to cancel an account is to remove all forms of payment, let the account go into suspension for 90 days and it gets deactivated.  I use the term deactivated because it is not deleted in that the moderators can still see it, but we customers cannot.  Also, the account can no longer be resuscitated. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@wowzers wrote:

This is a pre-paid service. You don't really cancel it per se...you just stop pre-paying. Remove the autopay option and remove your credit card and the account will just fade into oblivion for lack of payment.

Need Help? Let's chat.