cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Want to change credit card payment

Asan1
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Looking to change my credit card for pre-authorized payment. However when I entered my information correctly, it was denied. 

17 REPLIES 17

@geopublic wrote:

@kselmak wrote:

I think that one should be ok, i know that some cards get rejected for no apparent reason but i know at least 2 people who use bmo card with public mobile.

Could you please remove old card info first and try to locate your cc bill to make sure you are typing everything verbatum. 

I did also send you a private message about an alternative

@kselmak  Care to share?

I'd love to but I am not sure if I allowed to share referral stuff on this forum that is not related to public mobile

I will send you the link privately though

Cheers

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Asan1 wrote:

P.S. should talk to a mod? And which one?

@Asan1 none in particular: you need to private message the moderator_team account (click here for a direct link: PM the Moderator Team )

I have used a BMO M/C with two different accounts without issue.

99-12345 FAKE ST

SOMETOWN, BC

H0H 0H0

I believe that's the format I used to enter my address, where 99 is the suite number.  I don't recall for sure if I had a space in the postal code or not

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Asan1

I understand there are debits cards(debit-credit cards) that are able to buys stuff online.

However, my BMO cashback credit card (credit only) is not working.

P.S. should talk to a mod? And which one?

terrybev
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@kselmak wrote:

I think that one should be ok, i know that some cards get rejected for no apparent reason but i know at least 2 people who use bmo card with public mobile.

Could you please remove old card info first and try to locate your cc bill to make sure you are typing everything verbatum. 

I am with BMO also. As long as your debit card has the master logo on it and you have sufficient funds in your account for that particular item, then your debit will work just like a credit card

terrybev
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@Asan1 wrote:

Looking to change my credit card for pre-authorized payment. However when I entered my information correctly, it was denied. 

I deal with BMO also. I have noticed that all BMO cards are not the same. Some of them, you can use exactly as a credit card, and some are strictly debit purchases period. On my old card, the number started with 5007 (so this is strictly debit card) My newer card starts off with 5510, and it has 'interact' on top of card, plus it has a  mastercard logo on it, on the front. That is my experience with BMO. Hope it helps anyone wondering

Asan1

Still not working.

I tried

-All Caps for the address.

-Not adding the unit number.

-Adding the unit number in front of the address.

-Removing the previous credit card

-Private messaged a mod, still waiting...

@kselmak wrote:

@kselmak  Care to share?

Make sure to delete current cc, then add new cc info exactly as shown on cc. Good luck.

Asan1

BMO

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

Which credit card are you using?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Asan1 wrote:

These methods do not seem to work for me.

Also,  on my credit card statment it shows I am pending 0 dollars, five times. So should I keep trying or is it going to block me?

Yes. Eventually the system will block your attempts thinking you're trying to commit a fraud with someones cc.

Check for punctuation, symbols, extra spaces here and there. Match it.

In the meantime, contact the moderators as mentioned.

@Asan1 wrote:

Also,  on my credit card statment it shows I am pending 0 dollars, five times. So should I keep trying or is it going to block me?

@Asan1Did you delete your old CC first? If nothing works then click here to contact the Public Mobile Team and they should be able to solve the problem for you.

The link sends you to the private message function and adds the moderator team as recipient for a private message. You just have to enter a title and text in the body of the message describing the problem and post. The message will be received by the moderator team and they will respond to it. You will receive the response in your private message inbox.

Moderator Hours: Monday-Friday 8 am(Eastern) to 12 am(Eastern) and Saturday, and Sunday from 8 am(Eastern) to 10 pm(Eastern).

Hope this helps!

Asan1

Anonymous
Not applicable

Those are the known workarounds.

1. address exactly like the cc billing address (possibly even name..I can't remember if it asks for a name)

2. don't use unit # field

3. 6 character postal code by way of no space or drop last #

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@Asan1 wrote:

@Asan1 Try no spaces for postal code and do not use the unit number field when entering the info. There are other recommendations when entering cc info but I can't remember what they are Smiley Happy

Edit: Found it:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Paying-for-your-service/Common-Solutions-Credit-Card-...

Someone_here
Mayor / Maire

You can try to use another browser or incognito mode.

Try to enter your address differently, for example without the appartment number or without "blv" or other words other the only the name of the street...

Follow this link or this one  for more ideas: these are post with accepted solutions that could be matching your problem 🙂

Need Help? Let's chat.