cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WORST SERVICE EVER!!! PLEASE READ. NEED HELP!

DuncanC
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

There is no way to talk to somebody and have problems resolved?  WTF!

Public mobile didn't take my autopay payment out on time.  My phone service shut down.  At a bad time. I needed my phone to work.  I mashed away while I drove and the useless 611 service eventually took a payment and turned my phone back on.  Later in the day autopay went ahead and took out a payment anyway.

How can I talk to somebody to have this resolved?

Anybody reading this who isn't a public mobilic customer DO NOT SIGN UP WITH THEM.  NOT WORTH IT.  Save a dollar in exchange for having ZERO access to service.  F that. Will be changing providers ASAP!

24 REPLIES 24

@stonechucker wrote:

@ShawnC13, but you folks on the Left Coast get 6 AM moderator availability!  I long for that alone!

Right now with current response time hours of operation don't matter as it is days for a response.  When it is "normal" that is when hours of operation matter.  Yes we get it at 6 am here but we also lose it at 6 pm.  I start work at 6 so that helps me but for a lot of people say they start 8 or 9 am until 4-5, it doesn't really work great for them.  Getting up and kids off to school ready for work in the morning and then getting home and getting the dinner ready and helping with homework and that customer service window is gone.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

@ShawnC13, but you folks on the Left Coast get 6 AM moderator availability!  I long for that alone!

mjharris
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Yes I will definitely agree this is the worst ever. How is there no human anywhere to talk to it has been 3 days with no phone and still NO results yet I'm ready to go else where with my service

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@ShawnC13 I guess since the moderators are all (to the best of my knowledge) physically located in the eastern time zone, it might be an issue having people available until midnight EST/EDT.  There could be a number of factors including but not necessarily limited to building owners/management not allowing access that late, possible safety issues in the neighbourhood they are located in, etc.  (I don't actually know where they actually work, but some neighbourhoods in the bigger cities can be sketchy that late at night.)

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

@srlawren, agree all about how it is read and yes no "real" 24/7 access to the system to correct things.  I have asked and asked and asked again about extending hours to at least 9PM Pacific.  I think that would take it to just 9 hours without MODS online.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

srlawren

@ShawnC13 wrote:

@Acekiller wrote:

Not that I am on the OP side, but to say the community provide 24/7 is a bit exaggerating.

It is all in the wording.  The community is here 24/7 Public Mobile staff isn't

@ShawnC13 yes but to be perfectly honest it feels a bit misleading.  It's implying that they can get real help 24/7, which they cannot.  We can answer general interest questions and suggest things for troubleshooting some issues, but many have to wait for mods (as of course you know, just pointing out what I mean by "real help".)

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

jp2
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

I agree with everything everyone is saying except @Acekiller I check the community on my night shift sometimes if I'm not to busy and there are usually other people on there overnight as well. Definitely not as many as in the day time but still someone will almost certainly post before morning when the mods return 

@Acekiller wrote:

Not that I am on the OP side, but to say the community provide 24/7 is a bit exaggerating.

It is all in the wording.  The community is here 24/7 Public Mobile staff isn't

Acekiller

GreatCanadian

@ShawnC13 Me thinks that's exactly what I said!!Smiley Happy

However, for some reason your summary seems much more elegant!!

GC

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@DuncanC wrote:

There is no way to talk to somebody and have problems resolved?  WTF!

Public mobile didn't take my autopay payment out on time.  My phone service shut down.  At a bad time. I needed my phone to work.  I mashed away while I drove and the useless 611 service eventually took a payment and turned my phone back on.  Later in the day autopay went ahead and took out a payment anyway.

How can I talk to somebody to have this resolved?

Anybody reading this who isn't a public mobilic customer DO NOT SIGN UP WITH THEM.  NOT WORTH IT.  Save a dollar in exchange for having ZERO access to service.  F that. Will be changing providers ASAP!

This post and maybe a conversation with @GreatCanadian, made me search out a post I made last year https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Discussions/Public-Service-Announcement/td-p/167693

Or if you don't want to read that thread here it is

Sorry I had no idea as to what to call this thread. With the recent promo from Freedom Customers it has shown that the updates and maintenance to the system since the Fall Promo has not really improved the activation process when there is an influx of new customers and yes I know it is very frustrating for people and to be without a phone is unacceptable to some.  Yes this system needs to get fixed and have smooth transactions for it's customers.  But this thread isn't about bashing Public Mobile.  I love the company it has saved me so much money.  This is to new and potential new customers, you MUST do your research PM isn't for everybody.  If you need the comfort of being able to call someone (be on hold for hours as well there) or walk into  a crazy busy store front operation those are avaialble to you.  Just not with PM.  If you are a customer here and then complain that a phone company has no phone number to contact them by then you really didn't do your research as PM makes it very obvious what the customer service model is.  If you get frustrated with community members spending their own time trying to help people get through the process this might not be for you.  I know some have had issues that have lasted for days but a little research prior to a switch would have seen that during the fall promo there were soem who had ongoing issues for weeks and you must be prepared or have a secondary plan on how you would deal with this.  It is unfortunate but that is a risk we as customers take by using a low cost provider.  if it is a risk you can't take the Big 3 will gladly take more of your money and may provide you with better service.

drewdub

Actually, OP could call his credit card company and point out that charged double and chargeback for one of them., It wll cost PM $20, so they'll call the OP to discuss it then.

@GreatCanadian, again agree with you about having to bite your tongue sometimes and I am sure there are times mine is bleeding.  There are many times that we can get teh member past this issue they have no further issues in the future and enjoy the service.  Even those that say they are out the door and going to tell all their friends not to come to PM.  There have been times I have also posted like you but was reminded by "wiser" members that if we can get them past this they could become very happy PM customers and that is what I try to do now.  There are times I completely avoid a conversation and times I should but just can't (People can attack the service but not the mods or members trying to help).

It is great that you do help out and it is appreciated and yes there are days when things just hit that nerve and all I can suggest is to try not to bite the end of your tongue off LOL

GreatCanadian

@will13am, you are absolutely right. I am not required to help, but do so as often as I can whenever I can. In a similar post a couple of months ago I stated how I would most definitely fail the "Moderator" exam, because of my inability to put up with BS!! But I fully admire those who can. I've seen hundreds of posts made by you. You are extremely helpful and professional. But I do believe that posters like the OP need to be put in their place from time to time. I don't see anything wrong with that. I never say anything negative about a poster unless I see the attitude displayed by the OP. I know that I won't help anyone like that, but they are lucky that there are others like yourself who can brush aside the attitude and help graciously. You are to be commended for that. But still, I believe that sometimes attitude needs to be addressed. 

GC

@GreatCanadian wrote:

@ShawnC13, I agree wholeheartedly with what you say. and I have offered the little help I can offer whenever I can. But not when someone comes in with the attitude that the OP displayed. To quote him, "Anybody reading this who isn't a public mobilic customer DO NOT SIGN UP WITH THEM.  NOT WORTH IT.  Save a dollar in exchange for having ZERO access to service.  F that. Will be changing providers ASAP! I wouldn't bother helping someone like that. There are a lot of posters with issues who come here and explain their situation with grace. Then there are others that always figure there is someone else to blame when the trouble is themselves. This particular OP has already decidecd to leave, so I was showing concern when I suggested the door not hit him.Smiley Happy

I admire the moderators and other community members such as yourself who can bite their tongue when subjected to an attack like the OP displayed. I just can't do that, and I'm sure I only said what a lot of others are thinking. To ignore the details on the homepage, and then come in here to crap all over Public Mobile because he can't get someone on the phone is utter childishness. I call it as I see it, and often regret clicking the "Post" button!!

GC

I kind of agree with what you are saying but also disagree.  It is hard to be helpful to someone who is hot headed.  At the same time customer service is a tough job requiring extremely thick skin. 

GreatCanadian

@ShawnC13, I agree wholeheartedly with what you say. and I have offered the little help I can offer whenever I can. But not when someone comes in with the attitude that the OP displayed. To quote him, "Anybody reading this who isn't a public mobilic customer DO NOT SIGN UP WITH THEM.  NOT WORTH IT.  Save a dollar in exchange for having ZERO access to service.  F that. Will be changing providers ASAP! I wouldn't bother helping someone like that. There are a lot of posters with issues who come here and explain their situation with grace. Then there are others that always figure there is someone else to blame when the trouble is themselves. This particular OP has already decidecd to leave, so I was showing concern when I suggested the door not hit him.Smiley Happy

I admire the moderators and other community members such as yourself who can bite their tongue when subjected to an attack like the OP displayed. I just can't do that, and I'm sure I only said what a lot of others are thinking. To ignore the details on the homepage, and then come in here to crap all over Public Mobile because he can't get someone on the phone is utter childishness. I call it as I see it, and often regret clicking the "Post" button!!

GC

@jp2, and @GreatCanadian, I do agree that people need to pay more attention and this won't be the last person to have an issue that there isn't anyone to talk to.  But we are all a part of the awesome community offering support 24/7 and that is what we do.  Offer suggestions or guidance on how to solve the issue not "don't let the door hit you on the way out"  PM definately isn't for everyone and am still amazed by issues posted on here and no call centre comments but we still need to offer them what we can.

imm1304

A mini quiz that asks the customer how they will get customer service with easy multiple choice options as step 1 on the activation portal would probably help. 

But then some customers are signing up at Walmart and Wow.. so the quiz won't always work either ...

jp2

@GreatCanadian wrote:

Here we go again!! 

You said..."There is no way to talk to somebody and have problems resolved?"..with a question mark...A QUESTION MARK!!!  Did you not look at the home page...I'm sure you had to visit that page. It says "NO STORES"..NO CALL CENTERS".  It also says "We don’t have call centres. Instead, we have an awesome online Community where you can get answers to your questions 24/7"

I have no pity for people who are SHOCKED that there's no call center. You dove in without reading the home page, much less researching Public Mobile. 

Don't let the door hit you on the way out.

Have a great day.

GC

Dido 

I really don't understand how they could make it any clearer other than before allowing people to sign up a big pop up opens that says WE DON'T HAVE CALL CENTERS do you agree 

GreatCanadian

Here we go again!! 

You said..."There is no way to talk to somebody and have problems resolved?"..with a question mark...A QUESTION MARK!!!  Did you not look at the home page...I'm sure you had to visit that page. It says "NO STORES"..NO CALL CENTERS".  It also says "We don’t have call centres. Instead, we have an awesome online Community where you can get answers to your questions 24/7"

I have no pity for people who are SHOCKED that there's no call center. You dove in without reading the home page, much less researching Public Mobile. 

Don't let the door hit you on the way out.

Have a great day.

GC

brent_liza
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Please contact a moderator. Everyone knows when they sign up this is a self serve platform. We understand you may be frustrated but please contact moderator to get resolved quickly. 

imm1304

Hey @DuncanC,

The only way you will get the help you need in this scenario is to reach out to the @CS_Agent.  You have to send a private message to them. Thats how customer service is received at PM.  Good luck.  

DuncanC

Garbage.  Will be switching back to virgin and telling all my friends to avoid public. 

Just need a refund.  Was overchanged.  Balance doesn't show in my account.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@DuncanC, sorry to hear about your problems.  You should have known that this service is online only without a call center.  While the service model is different, it does work well as attested by the large number of very happy customers including myself.  If the auto payment did not go through, you can go into your self serve account and do a manual top up and return the account to active status.  If you are unable to do that, you can contact the moderator team and they will be more than happy to assist.  The moderator team can be reached via private message using this link.  Refer to the following knowledge base link for information on contacting the moderator team.

Need Help? Let's chat.