cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WHEN ARE THE COMMUNITY POINTS ADDED

bnaugler24
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello:

when are the point for the the community added to my selfserve page.  I might wait until they are added because I contributed that information and those thoughts and time and it would be cool  to be rewarded.  My email addresses are the same for the community and selfserve...let me know, talk to yas.

Sincerely,

Benjamin

34 REPLIES 34

jclaydon2018
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Just for the record, the moderator fixed my email descrepency. AND to my complete and utter shock, even tho they didn't have to they gave me a credit on my account.  My August bill is going to be $28 dollars!  *picture a 400lb fat man doing the snoopy dance*

thanks PM

-James

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@AE_Collector wrote:

Oh okay. I assumed there was an activity level list that you could access that maybe then formed the first part of the equation for the monthly community rewards.

Terry

@AE_Collector nope.  Oracles have a private community area where they can discuss things, only accessible by them, moderators, and PM staff. They have the ability to edit posts to enforce community standards.  They have the ability to move posts that are misplaced.  And that's about it.  Unless I've forgotten something, everything else they see, we see too.  (I am basing this on my time as an oracle in the past.)

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Oh okay. I assumed there was an activity level list that you could access that maybe then formed the first part of the equation for the monthly community rewards.

Terry

@AE_Collector wrote:

Well maybe then! I assume that list is an Oracle only area or is it hiding here somewhere?

Thanks..... Terry

There's no Oracle reward list.  It's not difficult to achieve top 50%, some people probably being able to accomplish that only after 15 minutes online.  From what I see, you're probably somewhere around top 25% again for June. 

SD08

@AE_Collector wrote:

Well maybe then! I assume that list is an Oracle only area or is it hiding here somewhere?

Thanks..... Terry

@AE_Collector 

If you mean a list of activity levels required or a running list of current member standings, there aren't any, nor will PM ever publish such for obvious reasons.  I am basing my assessment on my 2+ years of observation (and sometime collection of stats).

Thanks..... Terry

SD08

@AE_Collector wrote:

Well... yes and no! I was away on a cruise for the first half of June so I’m not really expecting to make it this month. But who knows, and maybe just top 50% rather than 25%. Either will show if it was a one time glitch or not!

Terry

@AE_Collector 

Looking at your activity so far for June, I am sure that you earned at least a top 25% badge for this month, if not higher.  You are well beyond the 50% range.

Well... yes and no! I was away on a cruise for the first half of June so I’m not really expecting to make it this month. But who knows, and maybe just top 50% rather than 25%. Either will show if it was a one time glitch or not!

Terry

@AE_Collector I guess you will have to wait until the 6 0f july to see if its fixedSmiley LOL

I’m not convinced that all works as it should. (I posted about this in the topic announcing the May rewards) I got my first badge and $2 credit for top 25% in early May representing April activity. Then I got another top 25% badge in early June for May activity but no credit appeared. My renewal day is very late in the month so rewards sit there for about three weeks before being applied to a renewal.

I had a moderator look at what went wrong but he simply agreed it was missing and added $2 to my credit balance. So whatever caused the credit to vanish has not been discovered.

SD08

@jclaydon2018 wrote:

@stonechuckerYes i'm aware of that, what I was saying is i never got credited for the rewards i had earned, but at least now I'm pretty sure i know why.  My account email and community email are different.

@jclaydon2018 

To change the e-mail address in your community account to match the one in your self-serve, you can do that yourself by going to this page:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/user/myprofilepage/tab/personal-profile:email

However, if your e-mail address currently in your community account is the one you want to use going forward, then to change the one in your self-serve, you'll need to contact the moderators as @MandyJ mentioned.

MandyJ
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@jclaydon2018 wrote:

Thanks for finally clairifing that.  Yes I never got credit for that reward, and i'm now guessing its because my email for my account is different from the community due to initial errors when i signed up.

Ah well

Mea Culpa

If that's the case, perhaps you can make a new community account that matches the email you used during activation or maybe get in touch with the moderators to see if they can change the details of your current account here so they match. I'm not sure if that's something they can do, but it's probably worth a try if you like being active in the community.

Here's the link to the moderators if you wanted to send them a message:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

jclaydon2018

@stonechuckerYes i'm aware of that, what I was saying is i never got credited for the rewards i had earned, but at least now I'm pretty sure i know why.  My account email and community email are different.

jclaydon2018

Thanks for finally clairifing that.  Yes I never got credit for that reward, and i'm now guessing its because my email for my account is different from the community due to initial errors when i signed up.

Ah well

Mea Culpa

Anonymous
Not applicable

@jclaydon2018 

hmm images and speed seem to be having difficulty at the moment.

anyway...in September for August you made top 25%. Your next renewal after say the 10th ought to have had a reward. In October for September the same thing. Since then nothing. Community rewards reset each month. You don't just earn once and keep going on that. You have to keep participating each month.

And yes, it's the email address that links the Community to the account.

@jclaydon2018. looking quickly at your community stats, since your community registration in July or August of last year, you have 31 posts, and a couple of bravos.

To get rewards, you must participate regularly in the community.

MandyJ

@jclaydon2018 wrote:

It can be a little confusing.

When i first signed up, i was quite active in the forums and recieved badges/notifications that i had earned a community reward, but I never recieved it, even after waiting 2 full months.

after discussing it with the moderatos several times, I just pretty much gave up and chalked it up to misreading the rules or something.

now i just don't bother.. Saves time on confusion  😛

No idea why the moderators couldn't get things sorted for you. And I'm sure it's already been checked since you discussed with them several times, but all I could think is perhaps your emails for your self-serve and community logins don't match?

jclaydon2018

It can be a little confusing.

When i first signed up, i was quite active in the forums and recieved badges/notifications that i had earned a community reward, but I never recieved it, even after waiting 2 full months.

after discussing it with the moderatos several times, I just pretty much gave up and chalked it up to misreading the rules or something.

now i just don't bother.. Saves time on confusion  😛

@cavemantoronto wrote:

@dusttymann wrote:

inbetween the 1st -6th of the month

Community rewards don't come between 1st and 6th. When have you seen the rewards on the 1st?

That poster has 2 posts, and a community sign-up date for the middle of this current month.  They haven't unless they've been a silent lurker in the community.

@dusttymann wrote:

Community rewards don't come between 1st and 6th. When have you seen the rewards on the 1st?

dusttymann
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

SD08

@bnaugler24 wrote:

Hi There.

It is now the 22nd of this month and I have not recieved the insertion of the reward as you mentioned would probably procure by now.  Please let me know if my user id's are associated with your rewards system or alternatively could you please associate them and next time it is possible for me to contribute maybe I could be rewarded?

@bnaugler24 

The rewards are totalled for each calendar month and usually credited about a week into the following month, with an official announcement following soon after. Around the same time, a participation badge would be added to your profile indicating the level you earned.  These determine the appropriate amount that should be added to your rewards page in your self-serve. Note that only badges with a date attached are the ones you actually earned, as sometimes there are badges that appear in member profiles without dates. Recent badges have been labelled with the associated month, but that was not always the case. You will see in member profiles some badges with no month label, just a date, but in most cases you can assume those badges were credited for the month prior to the date on the badge.

Note: In order for community rewards to be properly credited, your e-mail address used on your community account must match the e-mail in your PM self-serve account.

Looking through your post history, your highest activity was 12 posts and 2 bravos for the month of May.  While that wasn't enough for rewards this time, it looks like that was also not far off, since there are members who did a bit more and got into the 50% level for May.  Keep in mind, the participation required to earn rewards will vary from month to month depending on how busy the community was, so what is sufficient in one month may not be enough in the next, or vice versa. The best way forward is to be helpful wherever you can, but avoid repeating info that is already given in a topic, and also contribute with your opinion in discussions. Remember to bravo fellow members when you see good posts and do mark the solution if you post a topic and an answer solves your issue.  Keep learning from other members, thereby improving your own ability to help.

@bnaugler24 I have to agree with above I dont think you will get any community rewards for that amount of particapation

@bnaugler24 wrote:

Hi There.

It is now the 22nd of this month and I have not recieved the insertion of the reward as you mentioned would probably procure by now.  Please let me know if my user id's are associated with your rewards system or alternatively could you please associate them and next time it is possible for me to contribute maybe I could be rewarded?

@bnaugler24  I don't think the 15 posts and 2 bravos you have received in 6 months here would have been enough in any month to receive a reward.  Keep visiting the forum and contributing and the rewards will follow!!

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

MandyJ

@bnaugler24 wrote:

Hi There.

It doesn't look like you've earned any rewards yet from the community. You need to be in the top 50% of community members for the month to be awarded a credit (which should show up in the first week of the following month if you qualify), and since you haven't gotten any community reward badges on your profile, I don't think you have yet qualified.

Just keep trying to be helpful in the community and you should be able to receive your award. Remember - the rewards are reset every month and do not count posts you made in previous months. You must be helpful in each month that you want a reward. 

bnaugler24
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi There.

Pizzaeh
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@bnaugler24  click the link below for a detailed explanation of the rewards.  Look for the 'Community Rewards' section to understand how it works.  Lots of good information in the knowledge base as well, regarding just about everything Public Mobile related, which you can search for.  

General Reward Rules - The Community Reward

MandyJ

@stonechucker wrote:

@bnaugler24, I see you've contributed with 14 posts in the community since you joined in January of this year.  You can look back through your payment history (select the longer period of time) to see when rewards have been credited.

This might not show anything, however, as I don't think @bnaugler24 has received any community rewards yet, based on their badges.

stonechucker
Mayor / Maire

@bnaugler24, I see you've contributed with 14 posts in the community since you joined in January of this year.  You can look back through your payment history (select the longer period of time) to see when rewards have been credited.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire
  • Community Rewards are reviewed between the 1st and 6th of every month, and applied to your account after the review period on your payment due date. If your payment due date is during the review period, your Rewards will be applied on your next payment due date.
Need Help? Let's chat.