cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WE NEED LIVE PERSON ASSISTANCE!

Ale11
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen
Is anyone here also frustrated without live person help! We are paying for services and cannot get immediate answer when our services is not working!
30 REPLIES 30

pakmode
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

LOL. Too funny.

cltrecartin

Whoops, thank you! I am new here. 🙂 Contact center instinct takes over when I see someone upset! Smiley Happy

@cltrecartin FYI: if you look in the upper right corner of a post you will see the date posted. Love your enthusiam. 👍 Even though it's a 2 year old thread. 

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

cltrecartin

There is a trade-off with this service. We do not have the live call center, but it also means we get preferential treatment in terms of prices. Not having the cost of maintaining a contact center is exactly why our plans are so inexpensive for what they contain.

We all understand that you're frustrated, and would like to offer help. Troubleshooting is a step-by-step process, if you work with us in narrowing down the issue we can certainly get your issue resolved. 

rohits3854
If I top up for 90days by paying $25 only then my incoming will be free or not for 90 days.

Martin
Legend
Legend

Hello again @Ale11,

In addition to the above, please do the following: Go to Settings...Wireless & Networks...Data...More...Mobile Networks.

Delete the carrier's name, if any, and manually select Public Mobile, even if you already did so in the past. (This is to refresh.) Though it shouldn't, it may appear as mb.com.

BTW, I'm using an Android.

Please return to this community with the results.

Thank you.

Martin
Legend
Legend
Hi @Ale11,

Let's do some preliminary work that customer assistance will ask of you. OK?
1: Turn your phone off.
2: Remove the SIM card and look for unusual wear and tear.
3: If user removable, remove the battery and look for bulges and leakage.
4: After a minimum of 2 minutes, reinsert what was removed.
5: Ensure that the battery and card are firmly in place, with nothing loose.
6: Turn the power back on. Do you have FULL service?
7: If not, very carefully check the APN, especially Data and MMS.
8: If any change to the APN is made, reboot your phone. Do you now have FULL service?

I look forward to your reply.

Cheers.

Ale11
Thank you...hope that they will see this and take it into consideration.

Martin
Legend
Legend

Hi @Ale11,

Response time has been reduced to 15 hours, not 15 minutes.

Lastly, you never called anyone ignorant. I stated that we were not ignorant (unaware) of solutions. That's different than calling someone ignorant.

If you do not receive a working solution from customer assistance within 48 consecutive hours, inform this community. The community manager or a community moderator will then be alerted to your situation, who will initiate contact and work with you until your problem is resolved.

Hang in there!

pav
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Agreed - in order for PM to launch beyond "beta" - access to some form of "live" assistance is a necessity.

Otherwise, this service will be limited to a niche market of tech-savvy mobility customers.

If a "live" telephone hotline is too costly for PM - they should consider implementing an online "live chat" or even support through a text message number (text #*611 for example).

Ale11
Thank u..for updating me with the 15mins response time! Will definitely try there! Cheers! And for the record I never called ANYONE IGNORANT! IM only saying that there will and have some problems that arises or can arise that is out of the community scope to resolve because they cannot access your account! Good day!

Martin
Legend
Legend

Hi @Ale11,

Without trying to be presumptuous, anyone reading your posts would empathize with you. That said, you are not entitled to live customer assistance. That will not change regardless of how many posts that you publish in frustration.

The bottom line is this: Either click Contact Us in the lower left column of the page (homepage if on a phone) and wait for customer assistance's reply. Due to efficiencies, its response time has been reduced from 48 hours to less than 15. Customer assistance is available 7 days a week, including statutory holidays and long weekends.

If the above is unacceptable to you, I sincerely wish you the best of success in finding a carrier whose policies meet your needs.

Ale11
I'm confused now than before... Trying to follow more than one conversation! I'm out...I have recommend PM. In our family we only use PM, but the customer service is getting on my last nerve! I do hope when the beta session is over they really analyze their decision carefully! I guess I will have to be satisfy with my full payment and their partial service for this month and a long story board of answers as to what might should could and would be! Thanks for your help who tried!

Ale11
Who is talking about preferences here! All I want is live person service! Until you experience being outside without data ( as my plan don't have the added data) and you need help to simply verify my your phone cannot accept or make call...then you will understand that a simply customer service rep. Just might have been ideal.

Ale11
Use it with PM since last Aug

Martin
Legend
Legend
Hi @Ale11,

There seems to be a head-knocking contest underway here, with no one at fault.

Two responders have explained what the policy IS, whereas you've stated what it SHOULD BE.

With regard to the difference between asking a question and having it resolved, if you think that we here are ignorant of solutions, you're wrong. I cannot think of how many people have come to this community, seeking problem-resolution, after being left dissatisfied with customer assistance.

Food for thought.

Was it working before on PM? Did you use it on PM's network since Aug of last year?

Who was your previous carrier prior to Public Mobile?

Ale11
It's a nexus 5 unlocked had it since august with PM

Ale11
Now do you see my point... Ugggghhhhh I'm trying to find a needle in a hay sack! I have 3people over an hour and half...confusing me...but not answering me....why my phone is telling me it's not registered on any network..y can't I place calls....do u think a live person who have had me here for 1hr and half....making all other into my business!

First off, let's try to be calm. Second, I am a PM client as you are, no one gets preferential treatment.

3rd, PM changed the format because they are trying something new and to help all get best prices on plan(s) that we want.

Now, what phone do you have, was it bought from Telus/Koodo, or is it from another carrier?

Does it support the bare minimum 3G  850/1900 Frequencies required for talk/text and/or data?

Ale11
There is a HUGE different between ASKING AND GETTING A PROBLEM RESOLVE! I don't want to hear from people WHAT THEY THINK IS OR MIGHT BE THE PROBLEM.... I'm saying if we have a problem why do we need to wait 48hrs to have it address via email! Do u think I have that luxury to have the internet with me...24/7. When it's a phone company that provides lines for ppl...they can have live help!

What phone do you have? Where was phone bought originally? Is it unlocked if not from Telus/Koodo?

@Ale11, The way PM works from now on is that when ppl have issues, the community is the first stop to ask, unless it requires access to one's account due to technical billing or data issues, example, then ONLY a PM staff can do that, then you send PM an email, or you can ask a PM Community Staff via email, and within 48 business hrs they will respond and look into the issue at hand.

Ale11
My phone is telling me it's not registered on any network when I want to place a call! N in not receiving calls!

Ale11
48hrs 2 whole days..when a phone call could have inform me or help me.. With in couple minutes for a response as why my phone cannot place nor receive call even if I had sufficient funds...its madness! Hope you can understand my frustration. I'm saying they have the telephone service for the old customers...but the new customers have no such luxury! Or the customer service rep. cannot even access the account.

Still not clear what problems you currently have, or are you just voicing an opinion of the need for phone support?

Nope. Support is exactly as advertised; to wit: ask/search this Community for suggestions, if those fail send email and get response within 48 hours. Some issues do take some additional time to resolve, but PM is still in "beta" mode.

PM is definitely not the place for customers requiring accessible phone support.

Ale11
I am talking about just as simple as to verify why my phone was not working even if I had enough funds all the way to today where I cannot place calls for whatever reasons, I am getting not registered on any network. Call 611 and the only option there is to make a payment. Do you think I am will or should have Internet to be coming here online to make a complaint. What nonsense is this? I am quite sure am not the only one.

Martin
Legend
Legend
Hi @Ale11,

Please provide specifics regarding the problem that is causing you frustration so that we can help to resolve it.

I look forward to your reply with details.

Cheers.
Need Help? Let's chat.