cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Voucher not working

syoung_george
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I purchased a voucher yesterday and when I enter the voucher number I keep getting an invalid error message. I also dialed the *611 number and same issue. I cant get a refund at the store where I purchased it at...

Please help. This is a work phone.

17 REPLIES 17

dingaling
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

If you have an email address, you will be able to update(renew) a password for yourself.

Keihan

I tried all that and I don’t remember my Public mobile Account password. I never had to do this I always used 611

dingaling

Does anyone know who's gift voucher would be the MOST reliable to use for Public Mobile?

dingaling

Who's voucher did buy? And did you finally get it to work?

@Keihan wrote: Mine either help!!!!

Did you just purchase the voucher? Did you try adding it using 611 from your phone. Sometimes it takes a while to activate.

If you are trying to add it in self service clear your history/browser cache and open a new window in incognito/private mode.

Wait at least an hour then try it.Some vouchers apparently take several hours to a day to activate. 

Keihan

Mine either help!!!!

Uzoh

What is going on?

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@scottydog686 wrote:

hi there 

you have to watch what you are buying .so if your service is 20$ and you buy a card for 20$ your phone wont work due the tax you still have to pay

@scottydog686 no, that's not correct.  If you purchase a $20 voucher, the retailer will charge you $20 + (the applicable tax for your province).  Once you redeem the voucher into your account, the $20 will be deposited, and if your plan costs $20, you're good.  Taxes at Public Mobile are always made on the payment, whether it's a manual top-up, AutoPay top-up, or a voucher purchase.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

scottydog686

hi there 

you have to watch what you are buying .so if your service is 20$ and you buy a card for 20$ your phone wont work due the tax you still have to pay

Jorno
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Here is a post based on my experience with using a payment voucher for payment.

Here is a recent post where another community member had problems adding payment vouchers to their account.  In this case, the solution was a private message to a helpful moderator and possibly a longer-than-expected activation period for the voucher.

Please keep us updated.  Hopefully you get your vouchers working soon!

syoung_george

I will try that thabks

Anonymous
Not applicable

@syoung_george, Not valid for public mobile *could* mean that Shoppers has not yet registered the voucher information with Public Mobile.

In any event, you can send a private message to moderators, and keep trying yourself.  It might just work all of a sudden.

Click here to send the moderator team a private message.
You can find information regarding the moderator team by following this link.

syoung_george

I bought it yesterday

syoung_george

I purchased it at shoppers drug mart. When I type in the voucher code an efror message pops up and says the voucher code is not valid so it's not even going through

Anonymous
Not applicable

@syoung_george, Where and when did you purchase the voucher?  Many people have reported that vouchers purchased from Canadian Tire (for example) sometimes take more than 24 hours to be activated..

pasvac
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Please send a private message to @CS_Agent

Cat Tongue i'm not a moderator Smiley Tongue

Need Help? Let's chat.