cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Voucher locations

CindyH
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

You need to update your voucher locations! I just spent 3 hours trudging in the snow - fell 3 times, going to the locations listed. Canadian Tire had vouchers but no reciept paper. The next 3 had never heard of public mobile. Until finally I found a convenience store that did. I had to buy 3 vouchers - pay the fee 3 times to pay for my plan. 

Normally I pay by credit card but I kept getting a message saying that the bank declined. I went into the bank and that is not true. Then we used my husband's card and again the same message.

Then it was off to locations listed on your website that DO NOT sell vouchers!

9 REPLIES 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

They're really actually quite ubiquitous. If you're in a store that sells gift cards and other phone calling type cards etc then they'll almost certainly be connected to a system that holds all of them. It's easy to tell too. If they have a display area of a bunch of different gift cards and such then they should be connected to the system. You would likely have to ask though as they probably wouldn't take up display space with the little cards. They might look at you and say "who?". Have them look in the little pinpad-like computer they use and they should find it. Denominations seem to vary from place to place for some unknown-to-me reason.

Amanda70
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

In New Westminster, BC you can get then at the Esso/7 11 in upper New West. What I just found out though is they only come in certain amounts and so I was forced to pay $40 More than I needed to. I'm going to be very upset if that additional $40 is only good for 30 days. I will leave PM if that's the case.

Imagine a "perfect" world where you could buy PM Payment Vouchers online with one-time payments from PayPal, Interac Online, or whatever.

There's always AutoPay, of course, along with its ongoing rewards, if you don't mind submitting a credit card number.

Clefort88
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle
I too have struggled for a while with finding a local place to purchase the vouchers!
2 hour bus ride both ways to get vouchers that kept shifting in price every time I ventured out to the store.

I ended up locating someone who was able to purchase the vouchers for me, and send me the PIN, then I would send them the money for it. Works out very well, and I am extremely grateful! I don't have a credit card, and would much prefer not to have one, so that was a good option for me; however if you've no reservations about using your card, even if just for PM, then I would highly suggest using that and reaping the Auto-Pay reward with that, plus the overall peace of mind!

Hope it gets a litter easier for you! PM service and plans are worth it! 🙂

Civic_E
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@CindyHwrote:

You need to update your voucher locations! I just spent 3 hours trudging in the snow - fell 3 times, going to the locations listed. Canadian Tire had vouchers but no reciept paper. The next 3 had never heard of public mobile. Until finally I found a convenience store that did. I had to buy 3 vouchers - pay the fee 3 times to pay for my plan. 

Normally I pay by credit card but I kept getting a message saying that the bank declined. I went into the bank and that is not true. Then we used my husband's card and again the same message.

Then it was off to locations listed on your website that DO NOT sell vouchers!

@CindyHNext time go to K-Mobile https://www.k-mobile.ca/store-locator-phone-store-near-me/

You don't need vouchers. Just tell them your amount. No convenience fee charged!

DaVibe
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Try Shoppers Drug Mart.  Lots of those, they have vouchers.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@CindyH, try using incognito mode to add your card.  The website has real problems with SSL certificates and mixed insecure content. I have found with recent tests that SeaMonkey which is a Mozilla variant to be very tolerant of the poor web design in the self serve portal. Failing that, try asking a moderator team member to assist.  As for vouchers, apparently real time reload (RTR) offers the user options to select any amount up to $200.  

Anonymous
Not applicable

@CindyH, Sorry to hear about you troubles.  Unfortunately, not all locations of all of the listed stores carry the vouchers.  On top of that, some of the staff at these stores aren't well trained, and do not even know that they have Public Mobile vouchers.

The general recommendations when it comes to vouchers are:

- call ahead

- Have the clerk actually check in their voucher generating system for Public Mobile.

Regarding credit card issues, that can sometimes be resolved by using your browser in private/incognito mode, or using another browser.  If/when that doesn't work, you can always contact the moderators team (via private message), who would be able to process the transaction for you (assuming there is no issue with the card itself).

If you still need to get your credit card on the account (for auto-pay), and the above tips don't work, you can click here to send them a private message.
You can find information regarding the moderators team by following this link.

PJC
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Sorry to hear your troubles in trying to get you account topped up! I agree with you that Public Mobile should definitely update the list of locations to avoid other users going through the same hassle.

For future reference, next time you run into issues trying to top up your account with your credit card, chances are, it may be a system issue, in which case, you can send a message to the moderators and they will be able to help fix the error.

Need Help? Let's chat.