cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Voucher issue

Rebecca30
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I need help regarding my voucher I bought at one of esso store. My voucher doesn't work

18 REPLIES 18

Anna4

I had the same problem, the vouchers took more than 48h to activate (canadian tire). It was very annoying but eventually it worked using the phone service. Make sure you use the PIN# of the voucher

Good luck!

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Rebecca30 wrote:

Can I get help regarding my voucher?

@Rebecca30 

The moderators asked you to send them a private message and gave you a link to click. Did you send them one?

Are you using the 12 digit number and nothing else?

@Rebecca30 wrote:

Did you get a chance to send a message to the moderators about this?  I'm assuming that you're waiting for their reply.

@Rebecca30  Where did you buy your voucher? Which problem do you have exactly?

Rebecca30

Rebecca30

Help about my voucher it doesn't work since yesterday

CS_Agent
Customer Support Agent

Hi @Blay_medz !

Thanks for reaching us and being part of our Public Mobile Community.

I'm really sorry to read about the situation you've been through, our top priority is to make sure you receive the best service possible, so we would really appreciate it if you could send us a private message through the following link, with more details about what happened: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage

Best wishes,

Public Mobile Moderator Team

Blay_medz

MY PLAN WAS DUE TO BE TOPPED UP MARCH 6TH. I WENT TO THE STORE AND TOPPED UP MY ACCOUNT MARCH 4 TH, I RECEIVED A TEXT SAYING MY PAYMENT HAS BEEN ACCEPTED. FAST FORWARD THIS MORNING , i AM WAITING TO RECEIVE CALLS AND TRYING TO MAKE CALLS AND MY **bleep** ACCOUNT IS SUSPENDED. i AM UNABLE TO CONTACT ANYBODY OR RECEIVE ANY HELP WHATSOEVER. I HATE THIS NEW IDEA OF ONLINE HELP. I HATE IT AND FOR THAT I AM SWITHCING COMPANIES. WHAT CAN WE DO TO REMEDY THIS, I PAYED MY BILL AND SHOULD NOT BE GOING THROUGH THIS!!!

CS_Agent
Customer Support Agent

Hi @Rebecca30!

If you are still experiencing issues in regards of your voucher, please don't hesitate to reach us through a private message by following this link:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

We will gladly take a look into it to help you as fast as possible 🙂

All the best!

Mariela

Anonymous
Not applicable

@computergeek541 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Rebecca30 wrote:

I need help regarding my voucher I bought at one of esso store. My voucher doesn't work

Sometimes some vendors have delays before the voucher is active.

Make sure you're using the 12 digit number. No letters. Nor a serial number.

I've read about these delays before and I'm not sure why it at least seems specific to Public Mobile.  It's not that it could never happen with another carrier's prepaid payment vouchers, but I've never heard of this happening except at Public Mobile.  I'm not sure how the system works, but I would hope that it's not just some code that is made up on the spot and that it has to wait until the end of the day until someone synchronizes. Whatever the system is should be linked in real-time via an internet cconnection so that these codes work immediately.  Anything else really isn't acceptable.

I dunno. Maybe I'm perpetuating a myth. recharge.com *did* take me about 15 minutes to be able to use it. It might even be that it worked only in 611 first (I bought 3 overall in my recent testing). I wasn't testing for delay though. Just how it all works.

It certainly isn't acceptable.

But how else can we explain the various people coming in here occasionally with voucher problems? Then of course we never hear from them. We don't know if they sheepishly figure out the right code to enter. We don't know if they discover sheepishly again that they entered it in the credit card box. We don't know if they're transcribing it wrong. Not many people come back slapping their foreheads saying duh when they see what they did (or didn't do). We often don't know exactly where they bought it.

I would agree that it ought to be that it's an online connection that goes out to the provider server and gets a code and spits that out on the paid receipt wherein it's now valid.  Surely that's how it works. But people have problems. They just won't admit if it was them 🙂

@computergeek541 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Rebecca30 wrote:

I've read about these delays before and I'm not sure why it at least seems specific to Public Mobile.  It's not that it could never happen with another carrier's prepaid payment vouchers, but I've never heard of this happening except at Public Mobile.  I'm not sure how the system works, but I would hope that it's not just some code that is made up on the spot and that it has to wait until the end of the day until someone synchronizes. Whatever the system is should be linked in real-time via an internet cconnection so that these codes work immediately.  Anything else really isn't acceptable.

@computergeek541  Ive always thought of public mobile as a horror movie type hallway with trap doors with spike pits and booby traps that leads to something out of a fairytail

Dealing with public mobile, to get access to the bell/telus network.

The public mobile side, is not exactly top shelf.

@Anonymous wrote:

@Rebecca30 wrote:

@RobertQc wrote:

@Rebecca30 

@Rebecca30 wrote:

My voucher is invalid since I bought it what can I do? Help please

You already made a post

Please read the responses in your other topic

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Plans-Add-Ons/Voucher-issue/m-p/333710

Edit- a moderator combined your topics.

I don't think moderators are usually here this late.  But yes, I combined two threads about the same topic, although as you know, I'm not a moderator.

@Rebecca30 

Please look up and read the replies

@Rebecca30 

@Rebecca30 wrote:

You already made a post

Please read the responses in your other topic

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Plans-Add-Ons/Voucher-issue/m-p/333710

Edit- a moderator combined your topics.

Rebecca30

RobertQc
Mayor / Maire

@Rebecca30 wrote:

@Rebecca30 

Sorry you are having trouble, are you sure you entered the correct PIN number? You might see 2 different numbers on the receipt. Depending on where and when you purchased the voucher (such as canadian tire) it usually can take up to 24 hours for it to be active, I have heard of some cases where it takes 48 hours (shoppers drug mart) so in store voucher activations may be delayed. Keep trying every few hours at it may just end up working.

Other suggestions to try and submit a payment through the Automated Service IVR (More information, please see the How Can I Pay For My Service? article) by dialing 611 an entering the pin over your phone, also clearing your cache / browsing history / cookies / trying a different browser / private browsing or incognito. A while back I was reading a post from PM staff regarding the possibility of accounts getting accidentally flagged for possible fraud (by the system, no fault of yours) to where they are unable to add ANY VOUCHER even when it is currently active.

Recharge.com is usually activated within 15 minutes, and recommended if your service is currently suspended to speed up the process, but will only help with the voucher activation process, not if your account has been flagged. As stated by Alan_K here they are currently investigating the issue and do not have a solid answer of why this happens, only "possibilities"

So in the meantime if you can't get it working shoot off a message to the moderator team to look into it. Click this to send them a message For more information about contacting a moderator Click Here

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Rebecca30 wrote:

Need Help? Let's chat.