cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Voucher Locations TO

chrstyles
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi,

Does anyone know of any grocery retailers in Toronto, ON that sell PM vouchers? I'm looking for one that can be classified as a grocery merchant for credit card cashback. 

Also, is there ever any fee for purchasing PM vouchers in person? (Other than HST).

8 REPLIES 8

@mpcdesign, the gift cards that pretend to be credit cards are very hit and miss.  Most people do not get them to work.

i do not have a regular credit card, but I found a prepaid Scene credit card, available through Scotiabank.  No NSF fees, no reloading fees if you’re a Scotia bank chéquier account holder, and only a $10 fee annually to keep the card active.  In return, use it just like a regular credit card, and collect points for the Scene program.

ive been using this since I joined PM almost 2 years ago, and use it for all my online transactions, and the odd in person purchase.

Much easier than those girt cards......

@NDesai, hey you are right. I just double checked, there isn't a single gas bar in BC! But Alberta does though. 

@will13am wrote:

@NDesai wrote:

@will13am Oh yes, I remember you mentioning that before. But there shouldn't be any additional charge for buying voucher. If I were you, I would avoid purchasing from CT gas bars and get it from elsewhere since options are available. 

I can't do that.  No other retailer would take Canadian Tire gift cards.

Ahhh, either way you aren't actually paying the $1 fee Smiley Tongue

Here in west coast, there is no CT gas bars and they sell vouchers in store where they say they will not accept CT gift card to purchase vouchers Smiley Sad

mpcdesign
Mayor / Maire

I bought my vouchers from Canadian Tire retail stores and not the gas bars. The stores themselves don't charge an extra $1 and they shouldn't have too. Personally, I dislike using the vouchers because with the vouchers that I bought from Canadian Tire, the signs say the vouchers get activated in 24 hours. In my case, it didn't get activated after 72 hours. So, just imagine the panic thinking that you are out $130! And there is no refund on vouchers too. 

Instead, consider buying a Visa or Mastercard Gift Card and use that as a payment. 

@NDesai wrote:

@will13am Oh yes, I remember you mentioning that before. But there shouldn't be any additional charge for buying voucher. If I were you, I would avoid purchasing from CT gas bars and get it from elsewhere since options are available. 

I can't do that.  No other retailer would take Canadian Tire gift cards.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

Unfortunately, Public Mobile made the decision to remove the web page showing where vouchers can be purchase.  This is a link to an old thread that discusses retail outlets that sell them.  Since this thread, there have been mention that Shoppers Drug Mart has started selling vouchers.  Wow Mobile and Walmart has started selling SIM cards and so they may also be selling vouchers.  It would be best to call before making a visit just in case.  BTW, @NDesai I am not sure about the no charge thing for vouchers.  I have only ever purchased at the local Canadian Tire gas bar.  They charged me $1 for each voucher regardless of the voucher amount.  It shows as a convenience fee on the receipt. 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Paying-for-your-service/Where-can-I-buy-payment-vouch...

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

You might be able to find PM voucher at Shoppers drug mart, Walmart or try at any 3rd party grocery store that sell other vouchers. You will be charged 13% tax only, no additional fees.

Need Help? Let's chat.