cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Voucher Invalidity

Ifrah
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi Everyone,

I bought a voucher from kudos store Scarborough Town Centre for public mobile. When I tried to feed it, it showed the voucher is invalid and incompletely printed out. I was needed the service urgently so I made the payment by the credit card. It's been a month now. what should I do now? Any alternative?

15 REPLIES 15

Anonymous
Not applicable

@RosieR : ifrah is the OP. When I typed the @ I guess it popped first and I hurriedly clicked it. Good find. I guess I have to test it out and wait overnight.

@Anonymous wrote:

@RosieR wrote:

Oh goodie, you're going to give it a try.  Can't wait to find out I'm right lol

@Ifrah 

Since you said you hadn't tested it, I dug out my recharge.com and CCS vouchers that they send via email. CCS just says PIN and recharge.com has a code and a serial number both of which are 12 digits. I do realize that some vouchers have several 12 digit codes on them and that they're called something else. But I'm thinking any (correct) code is interchangeable in either system. I guess I'll look though the "catalogue" and see what's what and maybe think about going to that store and then testing it. We'll see.

Thanks again. Get well soon. I hear derivations from the poppy plant are good for pain. 🙂

@Anonymous my username is RosieR.  Who is @Ifrah ?

That's what my daughter said lol but I think I'll just suffer so I can whine about it lol

Here's a Shoppers Drug Mart from @darlicious Voucher Catalogue

Shoppers Drug Mart voucher with arrows.jpg

Anonymous
Not applicable

@RosieR wrote:

@RosieR (sorry lfrah)

Since you said you hadn't tested it, I dug out my recharge.com and CCS vouchers that they send via email. CCS just says PIN and recharge.com has a code and a serial number both of which are 12 digits. I do realize that some vouchers have several 12 digit codes on them and that they're called something else. But I'm thinking any (correct) code is interchangeable in either system. I guess I'll look though the "catalogue" and see what's what and maybe think about going to that store and then testing it. We'll see.

Thanks again. Get well soon. I hear derivations from the poppy plant are good for pain. 🙂

@Anonymous thank you.  It really hurts special if I move my body the wrong way.  I now walk like an old lady...... oh wait I am an old lady. 😂

and I got the mobility joke.  

Anonymous
Not applicable

@RosieR : Sorry about your immobility. Get it? Mobility? 🙂 But seriously...sorry.

You know I will! I really appreciate your finding these differences. It could be helpful for those wondering why their vouchers aren't working. To say use 611 and use the PIN. If it comes out that easily then that would be great for customers.

Thanks. Hope you get better and your mobility back.

@Anonymous wrote:

@RosieR wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Korth : Just in case I wonder if there's a misunderstanding here...I know vouchers work. I know they can be entered into 611 or self-serve. What I'm asking RosieR is if it's true that you use one code for 611 and another for self-serve.

@Anonymous my posts are disappearing.   2nd posting

Take a look here on self-serve

Now Dial 611 and it will say "Please enter the 12-digit pin from your voucher"

So an excellent observational logical terminology conclusion? Or did you test one code or the other on a couple occasions?

Unfortunately, around here, terms can often get messed up or used differently.

I've only used a voucher three times. Once from Walmart, once from recharge.com and lastly CCS. I hadn't thought to use any different numbers in one place or the other.

@Anonymous I posted about this a while ago on one of the threads, and @darlicious bravoed it.  Unfortunately, my post disappeared!

I haven't tested it, but upon researching it, that's what I found.  

I am not mobile right now as I have pinched nerve so I cannot go out and buy a voucher I don't need just to prove a point.  lol  But maybe you can?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@RosieR wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Korth : Just in case I wonder if there's a misunderstanding here...I know vouchers work. I know they can be entered into 611 or self-serve. What I'm asking RosieR is if it's true that you use one code for 611 and another for self-serve.

So an excellent observational logical terminology conclusion? Or did you test one code or the other on a couple occasions?

Unfortunately, around here, terms can often get messed up or used differently.

I've only used a voucher three times. Once from Walmart, once from recharge.com and lastly CCS. I hadn't thought to use any different numbers in one place or the other.

@Anonymous wrote:

How to make a Payment using VOUCHER .png

@Anonymous wrote:

@RosieR wrote:

Paying with voucher on self-serve account - Use the voucher number

Paying with voucher by dialing 611 - use the PIN number

@RosieR : Did you discover this? Or where did this come from? Because that's a great tidbit of information if true.

@Anonymous  yes I did 😊

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@RosieR wrote:

@RosieR : Did you discover this? Or where did this come from? Because that's a great tidbit of information if true.

It works. Or at least it used to work. Long ago, when I thought that's how we had to submit payment vouchers, before I realized they could be submitted through Self-Serve. Slow website is infinitely preferable to babbling IVR computer voice menus.

Though I do recall inconvenience the first time around because I had to use a touch-tone phone to enter the PIN digits while I couldn't produce those tones on my old phone's stupid software.

(My search for a payphone proved fruitless. I ended up turning an RPi into a touchtone-emulating "blue box".)

Anonymous
Not applicable

@RosieR wrote:

RosieR
Mayor / Maire

@Ifrah wrote:

Hi Everyone,

I bought a voucher from kudos store Scarborough Town Centre for public mobile. When I tried to feed it, it showed the voucher is invalid and incompletely printed out. I was needed the service urgently so I made the payment by the credit card. It's been a month now. what should I do now? Any alternative?

Hi @Ifrah are you saying that you do not autopay?  You get a $2 credit every 30 days if you have autopay.  

How do you pay for your service?  If you are using your self serve account using the voucher, you might be entering the wrong number.

Are you sure the voucher you bought from Kodoo is a Public Mobile voucher?  If it is, try and deposit it again.  It's still good.

I hope this helps.  Welcome to Public Mobile!

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@Ifrah contact customer support mods

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

make sure to check your inbox(top right corner envelope icon) periodically, for a response

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Ifrah wrote:

Hi Everyone,

Are you sure it's a Public Mobile voucher?

Are you using a number with 12 digits? There could also be multiples.

Did you try in the 611 service as well?

Since you have a credit card, why wouldn't you set up autopay with it and get a free 2 bucks off your plan cost? You can still use vouchers if that's what you're comfortable with but you can still get the $2.

Need Help? Let's chat.