cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Voucher Codes not working

ndkjon
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin
My voucher codes are not working. I bought them with Loblaws Atlantic Superstore. I tried the numbers given within the self-serve (Voucher Number) but also the (Pin number) and none of those numbers work. I bought $120 worth for my first time with public mobile. What's wrong and what should I be doing?
11 REPLIES 11

ottawa
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I did try the PIN on the website (since I didn't have access to the handset at the time) and it failed. I supposed it's possible I mistyped it, but after the voucher # failed I was really careful.

All this for an extra 50c on $40 (3% cashback at RCSS using TDCT CBI Visa, vs 1.75% cashback at PM directly using Rogers MC -- I have tried TDCT CBI Visa on mine and it didn't go through as repeated bill payment, though that was a year ago). As my father used to say "look after the pennies and the pounds will take care of themselves", you just have to be careful not to stray into "penny wise and pound foolish" territory. 🙂

=aw

@ottawa wrote:

Here's another data point in case it's helpful. A friend bought a $40 voucher at RCSS. We couldn't load it on PM website, tried both voucher # and PIN both failed. Tried 611 on their phone and PIN worked. 

Saved me (and them) waiting for mods and can now file the RCSS receipt.

So it's worth trying all 3, I figured if PIN didn't work on website it wouldn't work on 611 -- but it did! Thanks to those who earlier posted that one takes voucher # and one takes PIN.

=aw

Yes, for whatever reason, the website asks for the wrong number on the vouchers from Loblaw stores.  The system used to ask for the PIN on the website,  It certainly doesn’t help that both PIN and voucher are 12 digit numbers.

I have used the PIan via the website, and 611.

@Anonymous wrote:

@darlicious wrote:

@ottawa wrote:

Here's another data point in cast it's helpful. A friend bought a $40 voucher at RCSS. We couldn't load it on PM website, tried both voucher # and PIN both failed. Tried 611 on their phone and PIN worked. 

So it's worth trying all 3, I figured if PIN didn't work on website it wouldn't work on 611 -- but it did! Thanks to those who earlier posted that one takes voucher # and one takes PIN.

=aw

Happy you had success!! Please choose a solution that best resolved your issue. It will other members find a solution quicker especially when the community is extremely busy or very quiet. Often a question typed in the search bar is the easiest way to a solution...versus tech problems etc that require more of an expert to figure out. But we are always happy to help.

More site coaching for you. Only the OP can mark a solution.

@Anonymous  Oops my bad didn't look carefully at the poster....always appreciate the coaching and feedback. One often learns best by their own mistakes. Cheers!

Anonymous
Not applicable

@darlicious wrote:

@ottawa wrote:

Here's another data point in cast it's helpful. A friend bought a $40 voucher at RCSS. We couldn't load it on PM website, tried both voucher # and PIN both failed. Tried 611 on their phone and PIN worked. 

=aw

Happy you had success!! Please choose a solution that best resolved your issue. It will other members find a solution quicker especially when the community is extremely busy or very quiet. Often a question typed in the search bar is the easiest way to a solution...versus tech problems etc that require more of an expert to figure out. But we are always happy to help.

More site coaching for you. Only the OP can mark a solution.

@ottawa wrote:

=aw

ottawa
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Here's another data point in case it's helpful. A friend bought a $40 voucher at RCSS. We couldn't load it on PM website, tried both voucher # and PIN both failed. Tried 611 on their phone and PIN worked. 

=aw

@darlicious wrote:

@dabr wrote:

@Lalafisherman wrote:

I tried that didn't work.

You might need to message moderators via SIMon chatbot, click on the ? mark bubble bottom right of your screen, to submit a ticket to moderators.

Just to clarify there have been issues in the past where some vouchers were not being activated, so you may have one of the vouchers that is having an issue and only moderators would be able to help.

Have you used the correct # on the voucher? It's a 12 digit number. Haven't seen one from loblaws but the can tire one I used had 2-12 digit numbers. Voucher and redemption.  Use the redemption #.

On my voucher from a Zehr’s store in Ontario (also a Loblaw chain), the PIN and Voucher numbers are both 12 digit.  The PIN is the number that is to be used.

Self-Serve last I checked is asking for voucher number, and in this case is in correct.

The 611 system asks for PIN.  Both systems except the PIN entry.

If your voucher isn’t being accepted, contact the moderator.

@dabr wrote:

@Lalafisherman wrote:

You might need to message moderators via SIMon chatbot, click on the ? mark bubble bottom right of your screen, to submit a ticket to moderators.

Just to clarify there have been issues in the past where some vouchers were not being activated, so you may have one of the vouchers that is having an issue and only moderators would be able to help.

Have you used the correct # on the voucher? It's a 12 digit number. Haven't seen one from loblaws but the can tire one I used had 2-12 digit numbers. Voucher and redemption.  Use the redemption #.

@Lalafisherman wrote:

Lalafisherman
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

GinYVR
Mayor / Maire

@ndkjonTry paying it over 611.. you only need to use the PIN code.

Need Help? Let's chat.