Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Re: Voucher Catalogue

@hyT wrote:

What a great idea! 

The first voucher I bought was from PetroCanada. I paid by cash and was charged $1 transaction fee plus 13% tax. I wanted to buy $100 but was told the maximum they could sell was $60. The attendant wanted me to buy another $40 voucher and to charge me another $1 fee. I didn't.

I tried dialing 611 to enter it right away in my car and it did not work. I went home and used my self-serve account online and it did not work either. Then I realized I was trying to enter the Serial Number instead of the PIN #.  They were both 12 digits and appeared one above the other. When I entered the correct PIN number, it worked right away (within 1/2 hour of my purchase).

The next time I bought a voucher was from a different PetroCanada station. Same $1 transaction fee. The PIN number appeared on a different location of that voucher!

So vouchers from different PetroCanada station can look different too.

Unfortunately, I only found this thread today and have already thrown away my vouchers. So no pictures to show here.

Take away:

1. PetroCanada charges $1 fee for their vouchers. Maximum $60 at a time.

2. Be sure to look for the correct PIN #, they can appear in different locations.

3. PetroCanada's vouchers work right after purchase (at least the two I have bought so far).

Question:

Do any of the other outlets charge transaction fees for their vouchers?

@hyT  hi I haven't heard of others charging a fee I guess I won't be using petro can

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@iliketotalk 

Thanks for contributing! This is the first Ive heard of a transaction fee being charged for a voucher. Ive only heard of fees for online purchases. Even convenience stores that ive spoken to that display a public mobile sales outlet sign dont charge a fee.

Highlighted

@hyT wrote:

I wanted to buy $100 but was told the maximum they could sell was $60. The attendant wanted me to buy another $40 voucher and to charge me another $1 fee. I didn't.

Take away:

1. PetroCanada charges $1 fee for their vouchers. Maximum $60 at a time.

I'm not sure if all vendors use the same system and the same barcodes, but this might be worth a try (worse case scenario, it doesn't ring up right, and you revert back to your original plan/method of getting a voucher).

Shell's PM barcodes, that I know about, are:

$60 PM prepaid: 00629018089700:

barcode00629018089700.gif

$100 PM prepaid: 00629018094605:

barcode00629018094605.gif

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@CalgaryBen 

Nice one....that absolutely should work. That way if your local pm voucher seller doesn't have those bar codes they could scan those ones. Like shoppers only have $20 and $40 vouchers. Hmmm... I'm going to London drugs today maybe I can get the $10 upc code from them.

Highlighted
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Found the crumpled up receipt from PetreCanada.

Highlighted

PetroCanada Voucher Receipt.jpg

Highlighted
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Autopay is reliable and saves you $2 each month too.

Highlighted

Here is an example of an (already claimed 😉) $10 voucher from CanadianCellSupplies.Com as per this recent topic: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/The-Lounge/Half-price-sim-cards-20-off-vouchers/m-p/5...

Canadian Cell Supplies voucher exampleCanadian Cell Supplies voucher example

And below shows you can activate two vouchers at the same time in the selfserve portal:

You can enter multiple vouchers at once using the "Add New Voucher" link before "Submit"You can enter multiple vouchers at once using the "Add New Voucher" link before "Submit"Completed activation of 2 vouchers at once.Completed activation of 2 vouchers at once.

Highlighted

Recharge.com

Immediate

pay with debit, visa, mastercard, paypal.

Screenshot_20200523_220232.jpg

Highlighted

@darlicious  Another sample of payment voucher for your catalogue.

Here is a picture of the payment voucher I bought at a Shell Canada gas station today May 27, 2020. The PIN number is very obvious to see near the top. It is effective immediately. I entered it into my account by dialing 611 within minutes of buying it. Got a text from PM re: successful payment within 2 minutes.

AND... NO extra transaction fee, unlike the previous vouchers I bought from Petro-Canada.

Voucher-3 ShellCanada.jpg