cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Voucher Catalogue

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

Please note due to changes implemented by Public Mobile on July 13th 2022 the availability of pm vouchers have changed and not all info contained in this thread may be accurate in regards to retailers that sell pm vouchers. I would appreciate member feedback if you find other retailers or locations that no longer sell pm vouchers. thx darlicious

Edit:

**Update August 7th 2022: Call ahead to your local RCSS or TMS location as it has been reported in Vancouver that my local RCSS/TMS (Grandview) no longer sells pm vouchers.😞

Wal-Mart locations may also be affected in addition to RCSS and TMS.

I've been thinking about this for a little while to help public mobile customers load their vouchers. Please feel free to load your no longer valid vouchers and the appropriate 12 digit number to use when loading it onto your account. I'll start with Canadian tire: up to 24 hrs to become valid but usually by the end of that locations business day....use the redemption #.20190929_092002.jpg

106 REPLIES 106

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@nipunika wrote:

I was on autopayment with them for 2 years with TD bank. I recently changed banks from TD to Tangerine and now they are unable to accept my Tangerine Card. And since I am no longer tied to TD, I have to purchase vouchers till they can fix my Tangerine issue and put it on autopayment. 

Apply Tangerine Master Card and use it for autopay.

nipunika
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I was on autopayment with them for 2 years with TD bank. I recently changed banks from TD to Tangerine and now they are unable to accept my Tangerine Card. And since I am no longer tied to TD, I have to purchase vouchers till they can fix my Tangerine issue and put it on autopayment. 

prairiedogbob
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@darlicious 

Great thread on vouchers. I can't believe I haven't run across this before this is handy to know as I usually pay with my credit card on file. But now that I know I can get them at Shell and Air Miles too I think I might start this using these vouchers to pay for my service.

@good2go 

Was your voucher a blackhawk voucher as well? I'm wondering if validity of SDM vouchers vary per location since they are independently owned. Where is your SDM located?They look pretty much the same otherwise.....Screenshot_20210114-212705~2.pngScreenshot_20210114-212605.png

good2go
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Wait 24-48 hrs and use PIN Code, not Voucher Code!Wait 24-48 hrs and use PIN Code, not Voucher Code!

@312021 

Hmmmm that is strange. Contact the moderators and have them add it for you and ask them to look into whether there are any issues within your account not allowing you to add them. If you contact them via private message leave a detailed message including the voucher pin #.

Two ways to contact the moderators:

1. Click on the chat bubble bottom right corner and put "can't add voucher" and human in when you talk to simon the chat bot ....
  2. Private message....the envelope icon next to your avatar at the top right corner of your screen. Put "can't add voucher" in the subject line   Moderator_Team in the address line and include the following info:
  3. Your full name and address on your account.
  4. E-mail and your pin #.

If you cannot remember your pin # include at least three of the following:

1. Date of birth
  2.  Last payment, date, amount, type and last 4 digits.
  3. Alternate phone number if any.
  4. Security question 
  5. Plan amount, any add ons or promos on account.
  6. Last 4 digits of sim card. 
  7. Frequently called/texted phone  numbers.
  8. Any rewards in your account.

By including this info you will save yourself the time of having to answer any extra questions to further identify yourself.The average wait time is 2 to 4 hours up to 48 hours however they have been answering in an hour or two the last couple of days.

Keep an eye on your private message box (the envelope icon) next to your avatar at the top right corner of your screen for a little bubble to pop up indicating a message from the moderators. Responding promptly will speed up service times.

Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I tried this morning without success.  I went back to the store and my money was given back to me.  I went to the store I bought last month's voucher just 15 minutes ago.  I am still getting the same message.

I have never seen something like this before and it is not funny at all.  If this issue can't be resolved, I will have to cancel the service.

treefrog
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

I have one of those offers and i just might need a need a new sim card or a new phone after today. Im going to check it out! Thanks for the reminder 25k in points is nothing to laugh at.

@popping 

I will....and I didn't even think of that (a cheap phone) the bf aka "the phone killer" did in the screen on my beloved back up flip phone at the farm last week so that's another option! But ill test out the voucher theory too....

popping

@darlicious 

Let us know how it goes.  If the offer works for voucher, I will use my offer before it expires on Wednesday night.

Before I ported my mother's Speakout number to PM, my local TMS store had the Virgin prepaid Aclcatel GO flip phone on sale for a week for $60.  With 25k pts on $50 spend offer sealed the deal.  It is getting a new phone with warranty and paying Kijiji used phone price.

@popping 

I'm loaded with cheap sim cards from CCS otherwise that would be can excellent purchase. It's definitely a grey area. It's a little like London drugs and their $5 LD extras coupons which are earned on and can be used to purchase pm vouchers but you can't earning gift cards.....

I'll have a discussion with the mobility and see what they say. Maybe they can ring up the sale first before printing any vouchers and see if the points show on the screen. I can't remember if I got any points when i bought a voucher at SDM.

popping

I got 25k pco with $50 spending at TMS offer too.  I purchased 5 PM SIM cards before.  Better ask before buying voucher.  It will be super hot deal if they give us 25k pts for voucher.

If you pay for PM voucher using PC WE MC at TMS, you should get 3% back in pts.  Also ask for 1k pts by discussing the mobile need.  TMS 1k pts offer is once every 3 months.  Not every time you talk to them.

@hyT 

Thanks for the update and the reminder that 7/11 only charges gst.

I remember someone mentioning that TMS would give pc optimum points on pm vouchers but it was YMMV in store but you couldn't recieve them from the kiosk. I have an offer for 25k when you spend $50 at TMS. I know @popping  is a pc optimum member I wonder if anyone else has tried this recently? It does specifically say they are not awarded on phone cards but does a voucher count as a phone card? I plan on going to RCSS but they only have a kiosk at my local store so im wondering if it's worth the risk?Risk vs reward?Risk vs reward?

hyT
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Nezgar @darlicious and others:

Just reporting back re: Public Mobile vouchers at the Shell gas station. I drove by the same gas station yesterday. I went in and asked if they sell PM vouchers. Yes, they do. The clerk even showed me a list of all the denominations that they do sell. No extra fee except 13% HST (Ontario).

So the previous young store clerk who told me "No." was probably not trained properly to know how to do it. I'll be more likely to go to the 7-11 store for vouchers from now on because it only charges 5% GST.

hyT

@darlicious 

It is good to know that this 7-11 store does sell vouchers that are effective immediately.  The first clerk that I asked did give me the "Homer stare". (@Anonymous ) Then another employee showed her how to do it and instructed her to make sure that she's got the right cellphone provider's name. I had to repeat the words "Public Mobile" at least 3 times.

When I have time, I may go into another Shell station to ask about vouchers.  May be not all Shell stations sell them. May be not all Shell employees know about them.

mm80

@Anonymous wrote:

I've gone into stores asking for vouchers for cell phones. Get the Homer stare. Say something about cellphone minutes and oh yeah we have those which one. Say Public Mobile. Homer stare. Say just have a look in your little terminal thingy and you might find it. They say oh there it is. Never heard of 'em. How much? Oh wait they're set amounts. Whatever. Just sell me a  stupid voucher.

Is it only Public that tries to call them vouchers?  Doesn't everyone call them top ups or airtime? Voucher sounds like some type of coupon.

mm80

@darlicious wrote:

@mm80 

If you start looking for the pm logo they start to pop out at you....i found them at the tiny cheap cigarette/convenience ķiosk at the bus stop, the cell phone repair guy booth at the mall.....etc Its funny how a company you've never heard of before suddenly you spot every where once its on your radar.

I've seen them at corner stores with computer printed or hand written signs saying they sell vouchers for different carriers and a few of them listed.

@mm80 

If you start looking for the pm logo they start to pop out at you....i found them at the tiny cheap cigarette/convenience ķiosk at the bus stop, the cell phone repair guy booth at the mall.....etc Its funny how a company you've never heard of before suddenly you spot every where once its on your radar.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I've gone into stores asking for vouchers for cell phones. Get the Homer stare. Say something about cellphone minutes and oh yeah we have those which one. Say Public Mobile. Homer stare. Say just have a look in your little terminal thingy and you might find it. They say oh there it is. Never heard of 'em. How much? Oh wait they're set amounts. Whatever. Just sell me a  stupid voucher.

mm80

@darlicious wrote:

@hyT 

Thanks for the 7/11 voucher. I knew they sold them but i wasnt sure on the validity. Its good to know another retailer that you can purchase an immediately loadable voucher when time is of the essence. 

It will also be important to find out if the Shell rumour is true or not i suspect the clerk wasnt fully trained yet but we should confirm that as i recommend them all the time..

Many stores will sell vouchers won't know it unless they check. They'll know about the bigger carrier vouchers but there's still people who've never heard of Public Mobile. Stores get these from a voucher processor and might be using the same source. Even very small stores have these occasionally. They have to know how to find the right code or where to find it.

@hyT 

Thanks for the 7/11 voucher. I knew they sold them but i wasnt sure on the validity. Its good to know another retailer that you can purchase an immediately loadable voucher when time is of the essence. 

It will also be important to find out if the Shell rumour is true or not i suspect the clerk wasnt fully trained yet but we should confirm that as i recommend them all the time..

Anonymous
Not applicable

@computergeek541 

Um hey I was just goofin' around.

@Anonymous wrote:

@computergeek541 wrote:

This is a mistake on the part of the retailer.  They've likely incorrectly coded this as a prepared meal item being $4 or under.

So would you go back to the store and say hey I think you made a mistake undercharging the taxes. Here...please be sure to remit this with your other taxes. 🙂

Never mind the $4 or under meal comment, as this is clearly a $100 purchase. My point was simply that those types of prepared meal purchases are PST exempt in Ontario, and that the merchant has incorrectly chosen the taxes that need to be applied.

The way I see it, this is the store's problem. If CRA decides to go through everything, the store is going to have pay those PST amounts.  

Going back to store to try to pay the PST would just make more work for them, and they wouldn't even get to keep any of that money.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@computergeek541 wrote:

This is a mistake on the part of the retailer.  They've likely incorrectly coded this as a prepared meal item being $4 or under.

So would you go back to the store and say hey I think you made a mistake undercharging the taxes. Here...please be sure to remit this with your other taxes. 🙂

@hyT wrote:

Went to buy a voucher at a Shell gas station on the weekend. Was surprised to be told that "Shell does not sell vouchers any more." The attendant could not tell me why, since when, whether all Shell stations do not sell them, or if they sell other providers' vouchers.  I suspect that he just didn't know how to do it.  I haven't verified his claim at another Shell station yet.

I drove by a 711 store today and bought a voucher. I only got charged the voucher cost + 5% GST.  No PST!

I entered it by dialing 611 right outside the store and it worked

20200916_PM voucher bought at 711.jpg

right away.  Here is a photo to add to your catalogue.

This is a mistake on the part of the retailer.  They've likely incorrectly coded this as being provincial tax exempt.

hyT

Yes, @Nezgar , may be other community members could corroborate.

hyT

Sorry the photo was not very good.

Nezgar
Mayor / Maire

@hyT ooh this could be a gem of a discovery if others (in other provinces than ontario even) can corroborate!

hyT

Went to buy a voucher at a Shell gas station on the weekend. Was surprised to be told that "Shell does not sell vouchers any more." The attendant could not tell me why, since when, whether all Shell stations do not sell them, or if they sell other providers' vouchers.  I suspect that he just didn't know how to do it.  I haven't verified his claim at another Shell station yet.

I drove by a 711 store today and bought a voucher. I only got charged the voucher cost + 5% GST.  No PST!

I entered it by dialing 611 right outside the store and it worked

20200916_PM voucher bought at 711.jpg

right away.  Here is a photo to add to your catalogue.

@Nezgar 

Awesome! Another one for the books......thank you.

Need Help? Let's chat.