cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Voucher Catalogue

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

Please note due to changes implemented by Public Mobile on July 13th 2022 the availability of pm vouchers have changed and not all info contained in this thread may be accurate in regards to retailers that sell pm vouchers. I would appreciate member feedback if you find other retailers or locations that no longer sell pm vouchers. thx darlicious

Edit:

**Update August 7th 2022: Call ahead to your local RCSS or TMS location as it has been reported in Vancouver that my local RCSS/TMS (Grandview) no longer sells pm vouchers.😞

Wal-Mart locations may also be affected in addition to RCSS and TMS.

I've been thinking about this for a little while to help public mobile customers load their vouchers. Please feel free to load your no longer valid vouchers and the appropriate 12 digit number to use when loading it onto your account. I'll start with Canadian tire: up to 24 hrs to become valid but usually by the end of that locations business day....use the redemption #.20190929_092002.jpg

106 REPLIES 106

Topup receipt from a Husky station. Transaction at 8:13PM as shown, but as of midnight, the PIN was still coming up as invalid in self-serve, but it worked OK this morning. So Husky's vouchers have the delay encountered by some. The clerk asked if i had a myHusky card, which I did not have, so I guess they have their own rewards program but looking it up you need that in order to collect CAA dollars now.

The "PIN" line was the voucher code accepted in self-serve:

husky.png

Anonymous
Not applicable

None of the paperwork is needed. You ask for the instant top-up. They ask for your number. You pay. Done.

The blanked out areas are my number and location and bar codes.

Instant Top Ups

Technically not a voucher but always good to have an example of what they look like if you ever purchase one. Select canadian tire gas bars also have similar product. This example is posted in the lounge courtesy of @Anonymous .

@Naepalm 

Any chance you could re-add the recharge pic on your post?

Screenshot_20200825-075108.png

treefrog
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

This has been very helpful. Even though I have autopay I might start buying vouchers at either shell with my airmiles card or the london drugs for the LD extras. Thanks for the info!

Thanks @Nezgar for reminding people about airmiles as does @CalgaryBen .

Thanks @hyT another great contribution the voucher catalogue. Slowly but surely we'll amass a comprehensive collection that will really help as a reference for the community.

hyT
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Yes, the store clerk actually asked me for my Air Miles card reflexively when I forgot to offer it.  Thanks for reminding me again. I did get the Air Miles. 

Nezgar
Mayor / Maire

Thanks @hyT . That voucher should also have also earned you 6 AirMiles (1 airmile per $10 to a max of 10 airmiles) according to in-store terms I dug up previously.

hyT

@darlicious  Another sample of payment voucher for your catalogue.

Here is a picture of the payment voucher I bought at a Shell Canada gas station today May 27, 2020. The PIN number is very obvious to see near the top. It is effective immediately. I entered it into my account by dialing 611 within minutes of buying it. Got a text from PM re: successful payment within 2 minutes.

AND... NO extra transaction fee, unlike the previous vouchers I bought from Petro-Canada.

Voucher-3 ShellCanada.jpg

Naepalm
Mayor / Maire

Recharge.com

Immediate

pay with debit, visa, mastercard, paypal.

Screenshot_20200523_220232.jpg

Here is an example of an (already claimed 😉) $10 voucher from CanadianCellSupplies.Com as per this recent topic: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/The-Lounge/Half-price-sim-cards-20-off-vouchers/m-p/5...

Canadian Cell Supplies voucher exampleCanadian Cell Supplies voucher example

And below shows you can activate two vouchers at the same time in the selfserve portal:

You can enter multiple vouchers at once using the "Add New Voucher" link before "Submit"You can enter multiple vouchers at once using the "Add New Voucher" link before "Submit"Completed activation of 2 vouchers at once.Completed activation of 2 vouchers at once.

pkaraa
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Autopay is reliable and saves you $2 each month too.

hyT

PetroCanada Voucher Receipt.jpg

hyT

Found the crumpled up receipt from PetreCanada.

@CalgaryBen 

Nice one....that absolutely should work. That way if your local pm voucher seller doesn't have those bar codes they could scan those ones. Like shoppers only have $20 and $40 vouchers. Hmmm... I'm going to London drugs today maybe I can get the $10 upc code from them.

CalgaryBen

@hyT wrote:

I wanted to buy $100 but was told the maximum they could sell was $60. The attendant wanted me to buy another $40 voucher and to charge me another $1 fee. I didn't.

Take away:

1. PetroCanada charges $1 fee for their vouchers. Maximum $60 at a time.

I'm not sure if all vendors use the same system and the same barcodes, but this might be worth a try (worse case scenario, it doesn't ring up right, and you revert back to your original plan/method of getting a voucher).

Shell's PM barcodes, that I know about, are:

$60 PM prepaid: 00629018089700:

barcode00629018089700.gif

$100 PM prepaid: 00629018094605:

barcode00629018094605.gif

@iliketotalk 

Thanks for contributing! This is the first Ive heard of a transaction fee being charged for a voucher. Ive only heard of fees for online purchases. Even convenience stores that ive spoken to that display a public mobile sales outlet sign dont charge a fee.

@hyT wrote:

What a great idea! 

The first voucher I bought was from PetroCanada. I paid by cash and was charged $1 transaction fee plus 13% tax. I wanted to buy $100 but was told the maximum they could sell was $60. The attendant wanted me to buy another $40 voucher and to charge me another $1 fee. I didn't.

I tried dialing 611 to enter it right away in my car and it did not work. I went home and used my self-serve account online and it did not work either. Then I realized I was trying to enter the Serial Number instead of the PIN #.  They were both 12 digits and appeared one above the other. When I entered the correct PIN number, it worked right away (within 1/2 hour of my purchase).

The next time I bought a voucher was from a different PetroCanada station. Same $1 transaction fee. The PIN number appeared on a different location of that voucher!

So vouchers from different PetroCanada station can look different too.

Unfortunately, I only found this thread today and have already thrown away my vouchers. So no pictures to show here.

Take away:

2. Be sure to look for the correct PIN #, they can appear in different locations.

3. PetroCanada's vouchers work right after purchase (at least the two I have bought so far).

Question:

Do any of the other outlets charge transaction fees for their vouchers?

@hyT  hi I haven't heard of others charging a fee I guess I won't be using petro can

@hyT, Canadian Tire doesn't charge a fee. Well, they sell Public Mobile vouchers, but it isn't a Canadian Tire brand. There vouchers says it takes 24 hours to activate. But the ones I got in 2017, took 72 hours to activate. I would never ever buy a voucher again!

I can't handle the stress of losing $160 like that!

hyT

What a great idea! 

The first voucher I bought was from PetroCanada. I paid by cash and was charged $1 transaction fee plus 13% tax. I wanted to buy $100 but was told the maximum they could sell was $60. The attendant wanted me to buy another $40 voucher and to charge me another $1 fee. I didn't.

I tried dialing 611 to enter it right away in my car and it did not work. I went home and used my self-serve account online and it did not work either. Then I realized I was trying to enter the Serial Number instead of the PIN #.  They were both 12 digits and appeared one above the other. When I entered the correct PIN number, it worked right away (within 1/2 hour of my purchase).

The next time I bought a voucher was from a different PetroCanada station. Same $1 transaction fee. The PIN number appeared on a different location of that voucher!

So vouchers from different PetroCanada station can look different too.

Unfortunately, I only found this thread today and have already thrown away my vouchers. So no pictures to show here.

Take away:

2. Be sure to look for the correct PIN #, they can appear in different locations.

3. PetroCanada's vouchers work right after purchase (at least the two I have bought so far).

Question:

Do any of the other outlets charge transaction fees for their vouchers?

@CalgaryBen I found the page on Shells site about airmines on in-store purchases: https://www.shell.ca/en_ca/motorists/loyalty-and-payment/air-miles.html

1 AIR MILES® Reward Mile for every $10 purchased in-store in a single transaction**

* Offer valid at participating Shell retail locations.

**Before taxes and excludes tobacco products, service bay repairs, and Shell Gift Cards. No fuel purchase necessary. Offer valid at participating Shell retail locations. Maximum number of 10 reward miles to be awarded per qualifying transaction.

So, you shouldn't buy more than a $100 Public Mobile voucher (or other items+voucher) in a single transaction, or you'll possibly miss out on some airmiles.

Anonymous
Not applicable

The recent thread made me think to add a recharge result I did a while ago.

(my red arrow)

recharge1.JPG

SiboLolo
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Moi j'ai ce deuxieme photo avec PIN de 12 chiffres. Sont clairs ces chiffres et j'avais l'habitude de me reapprovisionner .. cette fois ci non pas du tout.

@CalgaryBen  Thanks for your contribution to the catalogue. It's starting to get a real selection of vouchers for reference. That rebate promo was to good to be true....seeing as they killed it barely a week in....but the airmiles are a nice perk.

CalgaryBen

@Nezgar wrote:

@CalgaryBen wrote:

The only other compelling thing about Shell is that you can collect Airmiles, for those who do...

Ah very nice if they consider that an "in store purchase" that is still eligible for airmiles!

Yep.  For the $60 voucher (bought on 10/02/2019), my receipt shows I got 10 bonus Airmiles (promo?) plus 6 Airmiles for the in-store purchase.  I bought a couple $100 PM vouchers a few days later (10/08) and got 10 Airmiles each time.  I guess it's 1 AM per $10 spent?  I'm not completely sure since I am not usually a Shell customer, nor an Airmiles collector!  I collected using a friend's Airmiles number...  

@CalgaryBen wrote:

I don't normally use vouchers, but was taking advantage of a short-lived 10% cashback promo from Mastercard/Shell.  The only other compelling thing about Shell is that you can collect Airmiles, for those who do...

Ah very nice if they consider that an "in store purchase" that is still eligible for airmiles!

CalgaryBen

Here's a voucher from Shell.

Active practically instantly... once I paid for this, I went to my car, and added it to my account (via *611), and got the SMS confirmation.  All done in under 5 minutes.IMG_5826.jpg

I don't normally use vouchers, but was taking advantage of a short-lived 10% cashback promo from Mastercard/Shell.  The only other compelling thing about Shell is that you can collect Airmiles, for those who do...

Anyway, if you go to Shell, you don't have to grab a card from the gift card rack... simply go to the POS attendant, ask for your preferrered voucher denomination (I don't remember all the ones available, but I think $25, $40, $60, or $100), and they'll pull out a binder, turn to the Public Mobile page, and scan the barcode corresponding to the amount you want.  You pay, and they hand you the printed voucher with PIN#, similar to the one above. 

Nezgar
Mayor / Maire

Maybe a nicer scan of a recent $10 London Drugs voucher I tested out for the heck of it, scanned.. And as @darlicious previously enlightened me, it indeed it counted as an LDExtras visit. (10 visits with minimum $10 spend = $5 LD gift voucher)

Purchased @ 2:18PM, activated @ 4:08PM via selfserve website.
LD_Voucher150.png

Looksálikeátheyáhaveásomeákindáofácharacterásetáissueágoingáon...

As promised...my roommate went to shoppers drug mart today to get a voucher. They appear to be valid right away....well within 15 minutes of purchase as thats when I loaded it for him. Here's an example of the voucher. Pretty straight forward you enter the pin #. Note these are supplied by Blackhawk a company that supplies these systems to many convenience stores and retailers. If you get a voucher with their name on it most but not all will be valid almost immediately.20200228_140714.jpg

@Tiana_V  or @Alan_K  is there anyway to get this as a sticky or atleast every post with a picture identifying what code to use to activate.  There have been many members that get frustrated with activating a voucher and as you can see on the Canadian Tire voucher alone there are so many different numbers and codes.  It would be great to have this at the top of the section or to create another one with all types of vouchers highlighting the code entered to redeem the voucher.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

I can't remember that's was a long time ago. For that matter, I can't remember if I had breakfast this morning! It must be an old man thingy that am getting...it's like a cold I think!

Actually, I do remember the 12 digit number, but it didn't work for me. Even the moderators had some issues as I was being passed around like a pinata!

Hang on, I didn't have breakfast! 

Need Help? Let's chat.