cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Reply
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Visa virtual gift card?

Search didn't bring anything up, but has anyone successfully added the balance from one of these to their account? Debating where to use it... 

Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Re: Visa virtual gift card?

@Pawprints1986 

 

You could try it, however I might recommend against it with the finnicky results some have had with payment cards.

 

Better to use it for something you can get in your hands right away, then something you're hoping might work online. 

 

(EDIT: OK, I realized these are likely only used for online purchases so kinda hard to get something "in hand" -- oops.  Still, I might elect to use it for an online service which routinely accepts these payment forms - just to be a bit more certain you get the value.)

 

 

Mayor / Maire

Re: Visa virtual gift card?

@Pawprints1986 

Does it have an address associated to it? If it has a name and address registered to it and a CVV # and expiry date then you should be able to add it.

Mayor / Maire

Re: Visa virtual gift card?

Physical Visa gift cards don't need to be registered. You can type in whatever name and address you want. Although some have reported other experiences.

Virtual?? Sure, why not, give it a whirl. But I don't know for sure. See what happens and report back. As long as the bank backing it is Canadian or American. Like Peoples Trust.

Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Re: Visa virtual gift card?

I tried to add a Visa virtual card before and it was rejected giving some error to me like "this card cannot be used to make recurring payments. Please try another card". They must somehow know it's not a real card, and reject it automatically.

Mayor / Maire

Re: Visa virtual gift card?

 @BasesLoadedWalk : Do you remember exactly which product it was? I know I couldn't set up a MyVanilla gift card (I know, not virtual) but I could set up Vanilla.

Did you possibly get it set up and then try to pay from it and then it gave you that message?

Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Re: Visa virtual gift card?


@z10user4 wrote:

 @BasesLoadedWalk : Do you remember exactly which product it was? I know I couldn't set up a MyVanilla gift card (I know, not virtual) but I could set up Vanilla.

Did you possibly get it set up and then try to pay from it and then it gave you that message?


It was a KOHO branded Virtual Visa Card. My KOHO physical card did work though.

Mayor / Maire

Re: Visa virtual gift card?


@BasesLoadedWalk wrote:

I tried to add a Visa virtual card before and it was rejected giving some error to me like "this card cannot be used to make recurring payments. Please try another card". They must somehow know it's not a real card, and reject it automatically.


Yes they know. The first numbers of card tell them the type of card and who issued it. Some other Visa gift cards might work but others won't. 

Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Re: Visa virtual gift card?

@BasesLoadedWalk I know kind of unrelated, but is koho still offering a certain percentage cash back here at public mobile? I thought I had read that somewhere around here too. I've been debating getting one of these as well

Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Re: Visa virtual gift card?


@Pawprints1986 wrote:

@BasesLoadedWalk I know kind of unrelated, but is koho still offering a certain percentage cash back here at public mobile? I thought I had read that somewhere around here too. I've been debating getting one of these as well


Yes KOHO Cards do have a discount for making payments to Public Mobile. I use my KOHO card for making payments to them. If you do want to sign up for KOHO, message me and I can get you a sign up bonus.

Need Help? Let's chat.