cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Visa virtual gift card?

Pawprints1986
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Search didn't bring anything up, but has anyone successfully added the balance from one of these to their account? Debating where to use it... 

11 REPLIES 11

avonjuliag
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Another option would be to purchase a Public Mobile card at your local corner store. Make sure to record all transactions or you'll end up forfeiting the rest of the funds on the Visa. 

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

Hi

I used virtual one without any issues. I activated a gift account and had since balance due the renewal to give them time to make up their mind.

I also used nonreloadable physical at some point, put any address

BasesLoadedWalk
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Pawprints1986 wrote:

@BasesLoadedWalk I know kind of unrelated, but is koho still offering a certain percentage cash back here at public mobile? I thought I had read that somewhere around here too. I've been debating getting one of these as well

Yes KOHO Cards do have a discount for making payments to Public Mobile. I use my KOHO card for making payments to them. If you do want to sign up for KOHO, message me and I can get you a sign up bonus.

Pawprints1986
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@BasesLoadedWalk I know kind of unrelated, but is koho still offering a certain percentage cash back here at public mobile? I thought I had read that somewhere around here too. I've been debating getting one of these as well

@BasesLoadedWalk wrote:

I tried to add a Visa virtual card before and it was rejected giving some error to me like "this card cannot be used to make recurring payments. Please try another card". They must somehow know it's not a real card, and reject it automatically.

Yes they know. The first numbers of card tell them the type of card and who issued it. Some other Visa gift cards might work but others won't. 

BasesLoadedWalk

@Anonymous wrote:

@BasesLoadedWalk : Do you remember exactly which product it was? I know I couldn't set up a MyVanilla gift card (I know, not virtual) but I could set up Vanilla.

Did you possibly get it set up and then try to pay from it and then it gave you that message?

It was a KOHO branded Virtual Visa Card. My KOHO physical card did work though.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@BasesLoadedWalk : Do you remember exactly which product it was? I know I couldn't set up a MyVanilla gift card (I know, not virtual) but I could set up Vanilla.

Did you possibly get it set up and then try to pay from it and then it gave you that message?

BasesLoadedWalk

I tried to add a Visa virtual card before and it was rejected giving some error to me like "this card cannot be used to make recurring payments. Please try another card". They must somehow know it's not a real card, and reject it automatically.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Physical Visa gift cards don't need to be registered. You can type in whatever name and address you want. Although some have reported other experiences.

Virtual?? Sure, why not, give it a whirl. But I don't know for sure. See what happens and report back. As long as the bank backing it is Canadian or American. Like Peoples Trust.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Pawprints1986 

Does it have an address associated to it? If it has a name and address registered to it and a CVV # and expiry date then you should be able to add it.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@Pawprints1986 

You could try it, however I might recommend against it with the finnicky results some have had with payment cards.

Better to use it for something you can get in your hands right away, then something you're hoping might work online. 

(EDIT: OK, I realized these are likely only used for online purchases so kinda hard to get something "in hand" -- oops.  Still, I might elect to use it for an online service which routinely accepts these payment forms - just to be a bit more certain you get the value.)

Need Help? Let's chat.